+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 67 FirstFirst ... 11 51 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... LastLast
Like Tree1408Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: What are you listening to?

because sleeping with trance music is cool
    Last edited by Xibitz; 04-03-2017 at 10:13 PM. Reason: Because I can
    Azzteck@Greybriar

This played at the end credits of a martial arts movie and I thought it was great:

I confess that I have no idea what it's about though. I looked up the lyrics, but google translate has no clue what to do with them :S

Quote Originally Posted by Omerr View Post
    It's been such a long time since I've listened to Breaking Benjamin...

The song that got me into them..

Quote Originally Posted by Veldan View Post
    This played at the end credits of a martial arts movie and I thought it was great:

I confess that I have no idea what it's about though. I looked up the lyrics, but google translate has no clue what to do with them :S
    I like the tone and the sound so far.
    Last edited by Xibitz; 04-04-2017 at 04:54 AM.
    Azzteck@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by Xibitz View Post
    It's been such a long time since I've listened to Breaking Benjamin...

I like the tone and the sound so far.
    Sasuke, or is it Itachi? I have not even heard of some of the bands you mention,

Or perhaps I don't want to because the names are suggestive of something I would not be in to trying to listen to.

I say this because some of them,more often than not, bore this conclusion out, jumped to or not...if your perceptive enough, sometimes,you really can tell a book by its cover.

A lot of these new artist pretty much sound more or less the same to me, They look generic, there is no other word for it, and that is the feel.

If I met them in a coffee house, Where they would seem as generically canned as the coffee.I would not notice them and would not care if I did.

I would in fact bear a vaguely annoyed expression and long suffering, put upon, tone if they stopped me to talk.

The opposite of how I would respond if I viewed them as a artist or uniquely talented/charismatic.

I don't go by what people say or who is fleetingly popular, that laughably absurd.

If one cant really think for themselves as I see it, why should I care what they think? This is just opinion of course, but there it is, and since I have to listen to the music I choose to listen to, I am entitled to it...I have to respect someone to care.

Whats important is, if the artist can make me feel something, if its a actor, a singer or a stand up comic, I'm like, pump me up, make me cry, wax nostalgic, make me laugh, in other words entertain me...do something.

Some of these contemporary celebrities, some but not all...these guys...they might as well be from another planet, green, weird looking and speaking another language. I cant relate.

I'm like..alright, enough, ether start making sense with your music, or get out of my face.

This for example screams, power, passion, desire, and talent to a crescendo.

A lot of these new people are disabled and they don't know it, they could not wail like that without mechanical assistance, they have to warble and use voice tricks, for people that cant really sing, to even carry, its terrible, or there voice would break...or talk sing.

What a joke. Not everyone is a star, not all talent and skill is equal and in my opinion people should learn this and be able to tell the difference.

Partly, this is because, I'm embarrassed for the singers, and fans you know, the way you are for someone that dose not have the sense to feel embarrassed for themselves..also more pragmatically to improve culture.

20 something years ago, 80% of these people would not even get a deal, I have talked to a couple of ex's that have confirmed this, one very sardonically in fact. Not because of style of singing or the times but..uh..because they cant really sing on that level. No talent.
    Last edited by Questoften; 04-04-2017 at 10:27 AM.
    Truth is Beauty, Beauty Truth..

.....Gedlo...

http://tonematrix.audiotool.com/

Faeblight: Kilysa / Izsha / Vorazun

Amusing song for the day from youtube.
    Last edited by Questoften; 04-04-2017 at 04:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Questoften View Post
    Sasuke, or is it Itachi? I have not even heard of some of the bands you mention,

Or perhaps I don't want to because the names are suggestive of something I would not be in to trying to listen to.

I say this because some of them,more often than not, bore this conclusion out, jumped to or not...if your perceptive enough, sometimes,you really can tell a book by its cover.

A lot of these new artist pretty much sound more or less the same to me, They look generic, there is no other word for it, and that is the feel.

If I met them in a coffee house, Where they would seem as generically canned as the coffee.I would not notice them and would not care if I did.

I would in fact bear a vaguely annoyed expression and long suffering, put upon, tone if they stopped me to talk.

The opposite of how I would respond if I viewed them as a artist or uniquely talented/charismatic.

I don't go by what people say or who is fleetingly popular, that laughably absurd.

If one cant really think for themselves as I see it, why should I care what they think? This is just opinion of course, but there it is, and since I have to listen to the music I choose to listen to, I am entitled to it...I have to respect someone to care.

Whats important is, if the artist can make me feel something, if its a actor, a singer or a stand up comic, I'm like, pump me up, make me cry, wax nostalgic, make me laugh, in other words entertain me...do something.

Some of these contemporary celebrities, some but not all...these guys...they might as well be from another planet, green, weird looking and speaking another language. I cant relate.

I'm like..alright, enough, ether start making sense with your music, or get out of my face.

This for example screams, power, passion, desire, and talent to a crescendo.

A lot of these new people are disabled and they don't know it, they could not wail like that without mechanical assistance, they have to warble and use voice tricks, for people that cant really sing, to even carry, its terrible, or there voice would break...or talk sing.

What a joke. Not everyone is a star, not all talent and skill is equal and in my opinion people should learn this and be able to tell the difference.

Partly, this is because, I'm embarrassed for the singers, and fans you know, the way you are for someone that dose not have the sense to feel embarrassed for themselves..also more pragmatically to improve culture.

20 something years ago, 80% of these people would not even get a deal, I have talked to a couple of ex's that have confirmed this, one very sardonically in fact. Not because of style of singing or the times but..uh..because they cant really sing on that level. No talent.
    Mugetsu from Bleach. It had a relatively decent starting concept that turned disastrous just like Naruto. (Although this case being publishing and health issues for the mangaka, not selling out like Kishi)

As far as the music goes, I agree that quality has been steadily going downhill for quite a while, most artists of today pale in comparison to their predecessors in raw singing prowess, stage presence, charisma etc. But there will always be some that will step it up a notch again.

With that said, as music and technology evolve we are able to discover new sounds, invent new devices, create our own music if we so desire...there's no limit to the imagination. To me that's what makes music so wonderful, I don't close myself to a certain genre or era of music, I listen to whichever song I enjoy be it the lyrics, the beat, melody or energy it carries because it all comes down to how I feel at the time.

So it is understandable you haven't heard or liked some of what I've shared nor I, some of what you've shared and that's ok, who am I to tell you what to listen to, it's your choice.

I do like the song you posted by the way, I didn't remember what it was called.

Also because it's been a while since I've listened to the Scorpions
    Azzteck@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by Xibitz View Post
    Mugetsu from Bleach. It had a relatively decent starting concept that turned disastrous just like Naruto. (Although this case being publishing and health issues for the mangaka, not selling out like Kishi)

As far as the music goes, I agree that quality has been steadily going downhill for quite a while, most artists of today pale in comparison to their predecessors in raw singing prowess, stage presence, charisma etc. But there will always be some that will step it up a notch again.

With that said, as music and technology evolve we are able to discover new sounds, invent new devices, create our own music if we so desire...there's no limit to the imagination. To me that's what makes music so wonderful, I don't close myself to a certain genre or era of music, I listen to whichever song I enjoy be it the lyrics, the beat, melody or energy it carries because it all comes down to how I feel at the time.

So it is understandable you haven't heard or liked some of what I've shared nor I, some of what you've shared and that's ok, who am I to tell you what to listen to, it's your choice.

I do like the song you posted by the way, I didn't remember what it was called.

Also because it's been a while since I've listened to the Scorpions
    Yeah I am a big anime fan almost a expert in animeolgy you might say, (if you have a sometimes flaky sense of humor that is) but yeah I am focusing on posting a certain type of song to kind of support a balance in people.

I want to offer them something else, who knows maybe give them an idea for synthesis.
    There is already more than enough of the other.

Its not really just about the era you know. I am not some 50 year old retro, yet I choose the music, that's the thing its not about nostalgia. If that were the case I would be posting 1990's stuff.

I like the doors for example and when they were a big thing, I was...well you have to use past life regression to find out. hahaha.

Indecently after 1993 is when all in the know agree people started to act like freaks, Sorry gentle reader, but there is no other word for it. Music suffered horribly.

They were going places where thinking people could not relate,..and the distinction between my crowd and there type became much more pronounced.

All types have there purpose but we have to maintain a balance and not confuse the issue. Of course the types of music I post are not the only music I listen to, but that is the focus.

You have to remember that right now society is in a sort of intellectual war, with no uncertain outcome, but it is annoying nonetheless. When a thing like the new age movement starts to die, It dose not just pack up and go home, its hard on everyone, still entrenched.

A flame burns brightest just before it flickers and dies. There are birth cries and death cries of trends and movements.

That also the thing about movements, there is movement and it stops. 10 years, 20, 25, its all the same, and it has happened before and will again.

History always repeats itself in cycles no matter what people bleat. There is a time for everything. Then it passes. History has always bore this out. Radical sociological shifts are common. There are actual knock on wood, reasons for this, its not just blather.

I think music will improve again soon, not all the way, but better. I am already noticing promising signs. It wont be what it was, what ever can be? Yet it will be something better, when people are moved by other feelings.

Will update with yet more good music.
    Last edited by Questoften; 04-05-2017 at 08:49 AM.

Yes please.

Just a spark in the dark.

So cool.

Fullmoon pictures, I loved these guys, Blood dolls had a killer soundtrack.

Another...that was a awesome girl band.
    Last edited by Questoften; 04-05-2017 at 10:00 AM.

Default love this lady

thats alot of work but okay tacitus, thank you!!! hahaha!!xoxo.
    Last edited by MissGreen; 04-06-2017 at 03:08 AM.
    "I've had so many names, old names that only the wind and trees can pronounce" - Pan's Labyrinth

http://otherworlds.us/

Default When I hear her

I fell in love with her years ago and I'm sure all of you will too, I like that she's raw and she doesn't hold back one bit.She is exactly who she is and wants to be and that is admirable. I got to the honor of seeing her open for U2 and I took a bus to that concert lol, could ya imagine taking a bus lol but yeah it was one time in my life where I did not regret nothing at all and everything was good for once. so give it up for PJ Harvey!

"I've had so many names, old names that only the wind and trees can pronounce" - Pan's Labyrinth

http://otherworlds.us/

Something I'll wager few of you have ever seen, Tim curry and his band, Tim the musician, and not the actor.

Sums him up nicely if you ask me, the essence of him. I do collect strange and unusual things, striking things, and those ones that are eccentric, this vid qualifies on two out of three, here.
    Last edited by Questoften; 04-06-2017 at 04:43 PM.

Default Remix

+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 67 FirstFirst ... 11 51 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... LastLast