+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 88 FirstFirst ... 4 44 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 64 ... LastLast
Like Tree1737Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: What are you listening to?

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #796
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

My other work jam for the day:

An Interested Observer
    #WontBeErased

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    I like both, and have seen Rammstein in concert. Both definitely owe a bit to F242. 242 is pretty much a touchstone of inspiration for almost any industrial-esque band.

And FWIW, despite being a more than 35 year old band, Front 242 still kills it live.242 and KMFDM are two of the best live shows I have seen in the last few years.
    Nice name drop....KMFDM, very cool stuff and yes I agree with you 100. I think my influences are similar to yours. I am older so I got used to a lot of chemical brothers and of course this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfDZ...758Xris1R3MII- if you liked the movie Sucker Punch... yep Lords of Acid lol takes me back.
    Last edited by MissGreen; 02-21-2017 at 04:15 PM.
    "I've had so many names, old names that only the wind and trees can pronounce" - Pan's Labyrinth

haha!!! reminds me of the clubs in Detroit and Toledo , lots of electronica bands emerged to the scene in the late 90's. One club I used to attend was called Frankies it had a stage on the main floor and a dance club downstairs., Ill never forget the bands I seen there and I made unusual contacts that are still in my life to this day. One of them is a very talented drummer from LA. You may like his talent...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q19Yg5ISVV0

He's the one who showed me a lot of electronic music so I am grateful.

edit- too bad he works on 3d conversions for movies now.....
    Last edited by MissGreen; 02-21-2017 at 04:38 PM.
    "I've had so many names, old names that only the wind and trees can pronounce" - Pan's Labyrinth

4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #799

Quote Originally Posted by MissGreen View Post
    I think my influences are similar to yours. I am older so I got used to a lot of chemical brothers and of course this
    Heh, mid 40s here, so yeah, this is pretty much music from my 20s.

if you liked the movie Sucker Punch... yep Lords of Acid lol takes me back.
    HATED Suckerpunch, but love me some Lords of Acid. Saw them live in the mid-90s with Jack Off Jill opening. Which was, musically speaking, a rather strange combination of bands. :P

But that night, at that show, I ran into my manager (I was in QA at the time), and got tapped to work on what would be my first design credit - a world war 2 tank sim called Panzer Commander.
    An Interested Observer
    #WontBeErased

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

so your calling me 20? woot!!!!Teehee! And did ya check out my friends stuff?

Very cool you seen LoA, I think they will always lock me into my past haha! And that's really cool you got your first shot at design at a concert, reminds me of a movie I once seen. :/ ha!

I always wanted to be a dj with all integrity but the gear was so expensive so I played keys,guitar, and bass instead. I than tried some programs to create my own stuff like ACID and it was actually really fun. That was back in the day when I was jamming with people. I thought it was neat when the first midi keyboard got hitched up to pc..I was impressed. But now I just would love to do it all. Its easier now to do for sure. I'm hitting 40 soon so to me I am honored to have experienced the bands and creativity that I did.

I was never afraid to take a dance floor empty or play music that may just not be my type. I always followed the beat in me and it always in the same return found me as well. I think music is universal. I had the honor of playing with some of the best musicians out there...So I think to have a dev of this game step in and talk about your own personal influences beyond cool.

here's another one of mine He taught me jazz...at a very young age I was 17 going to jazz bars all around but this man would sit in with who ever was playing and I thought it was the coolest thing. He really is one of the best upright bass players Ive ever seen... and had an honor to meet. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFP8ng7Mq7Q

oh and what was wrong with sucker punch? Overdone? Too cliché, I honestly thought it was cool but I like to dance and get lost in myself...wink wink*
    Last edited by MissGreen; 02-21-2017 at 05:59 PM.

I'll be sure to tell Sebastian that you like his remix.

TALES OF THE RIFTWALKER is on YouTube!!
    Part IV - Marked by Fate is now live!

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay tuned for chances to win stuff via the Trion Worlds Creators Program!
    ** The Forum Drinking Game (to be played during server downtimes) **

7.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #802

And did ya check out my friends stuff?
    I did. Pretty cool. I have always enjoyed percussion more than guitar.

And that's really cool you got your first shot at design at a concert, reminds me of a movie I once seen.
    To this day, I have no idea if running into him at the show played a part in that or not. I had no idea he was going to be there (it didn't seem like his scene at all), and he was certainly surprised to see me there. And then he just mysteriously said, "come see me at the office tomorrow - I have an opportunity I want to talk to you about." The rest is history.

I always wanted to be a dj with all integrity but the gear was so expensive so I played keys,guitar, and bass instead. I than tried some programs to create my own stuff like ACID and it was actually really fun. That was back in the day when I was jamming with people. I thought it was neat when the first midi keyboard got hitched up to pc..I was impressed. But now I just would love to do it all. Its easier now to do for sure. I'm hitting 40 soon so to me I am honored to have experienced the bands and creativity that I did.

I was never afraid to take a dance floor empty or play music that may just not be my type. I always followed the beat in me and it always in the same return found me as well. I think music is universal. I had the honor of playing with some of the best musicians out there...So I think to have a dev of this game step in and talk about your own personal influences beyond cool.
    Music is important to me, and I almost always have music playing when I am working, but I have zero musical talent. But I have a massive, massive music collection and have always been around musicians. And I still go to clubs, and I still love to dance. Luckily, San Francisco still has clubs that play the music I like.

oh and what was wrong with sucker punch? Overdone? Too cliché, I honestly thought it was cool but I like to dance and get lost in myself...wink wink*
    I was willing to look past the cliches and the overbearing amounts of fan service. If it had been a 90 minute stylish action music video, I could have been happy. But no, it was not any of that. It simply committed the worst thing you could do as an action film - be boring. :P
    An Interested Observer
    #WontBeErased

8.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #803

Quote Originally Posted by Samuraiko View Post
    I'll be sure to tell Sebastian that you like his remix.
    It is one of those rare cases where I prefer this remix to the original release.
    An Interested Observer
    #WontBeErased

It is one of those rare cases where I prefer this remix to the original release.
    His response when I told him:

"Right on."

TALES OF THE RIFTWALKER is on YouTube!!
    Part IV - Marked by Fate is now live!

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay tuned for chances to win stuff via the Trion Worlds Creators Program!
    ** The Forum Drinking Game (to be played during server downtimes) **

This song goes back a ways, however its excellent!
    Most of you prolly know the band Fleetwood mac but this is before they were so mainstream.

let me know what you think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yy-51ZTbFis
    I got a box set with all of these early FM albums on vinyl. They are all fantastic.

Sounds like German industrial music from "DIE KRUPPS", "Feindflug"or "Eisbrecher"

DIE KRUPPS ;
    Eisbrecher ,
    Feindflug

Right now, it's this one...
    Last edited by MisterWibble; 02-24-2017 at 01:44 PM.

A Rift screenshot collection.

Watch me on Twitch

New Battle Beast music <3

tradition dictates that my first post on a forum is in the What Are You Listening To thread. so here we go!

bonus!

Azteck@Greybriar
    <Infierno>

+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 88 FirstFirst ... 4 44 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 64 ... LastLast