+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Web Designing vs. Graphic Designing vs. Game Designing

Soulwalker

Default Web Designing vs. Graphic Designing vs. Game Designing

Who you think is the best and why...?

if not best...share which one you recommend for newcomers to learn and why?

My Interest: All 3.
    --

Julia Roberts

Soulwalker

The three design-jobs aren't even in the possibility of being compared, being so different from each other.

I'm personally a web developer/designer, however I have some experience with graphic design and absolutely no experience with game designing.
    What you must think about is this:

As a web designer, you create things which others will view online, and everything you make represents who you are. You have to go into code, or into programs to design both appealing and functional webpages, as well as databases, and softwares.

As a graphic designer, you usually work with someone else, such as a web designer or game designer - you are the one who looks at what they have functioning, and make it look nice. You make the logos, the backgrounds, the character models, etc.

As a game designer..It's complicated, you have to create something from scratch, you are creating something which thousands of people will enjoy at some point or another, something which needs to have as few issues and bugs as possible, as well as have constant improvements, expansions, etc.

To try and compare the three things would be nearly insane, however to strive for any of them, that's a challenge, and to choose which you want to go for, that's entirely up to you.

Champion of Telara Silverangel69's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Julia Roberts View Post
    Who you think is the best and why...?

if not best...share which one you recommend for newcomers to learn and why?

My Interest: All 3.
    With web design you can create games nowadays (HTML5, CSS, Javascript), and you can use graphic design skills. Which one is best for a newcomer depends on your personal talents and interests. If you're artistic but don't want to program, then graphic design. If you like the game programming languages, then maybe game design is better. Iirc Linda Carlson was saying the recent Trion livestream that game design educational programs are not quite up to speed yet in terms of what they are really looking for. Check out the recent livestreams on Twitch. It was like a month or so ago.

+ Reply to Thread