+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Fallout 4 - Is it real?

Quote Originally Posted by Narcise View Post
    Eh, well, I could do without the marriage and family crap. I couldn't find anything about being a female toon, but I was having trouble getting all the stuff to load - satband isn't real happy with some sites. But if the toon can be female, I'll at least give it a shot. I never really got into FO3 - WAY too dark on my old screens (hmmm.... I should get it out and try it with these - these are so much brighter I could maybe see to play....) Not sure I really want to spend the money for a CE though.... That would seriously cut into my Rift money.
    Basically as Siggysig stated you can customize both the male and female in that gif radiomaryja posted. Whoever you have right in front of the mirror when you are ready to continue will be your main char.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonus View Post
    Basically as Siggysig stated you can customize both the male and female in that gif radiomaryja posted. Whoever you have right in front of the mirror when you are ready to continue will be your main char.
    Um. I don't generally click on stuff like that without knowing what it is. I'm paranoid, sorry. I'll take a look then.... Thanks.
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

Eh, well, I could do without the marriage and family crap. I couldn't find anything about being a female toon, but I was having trouble getting all the stuff to load - satband isn't real happy with some sites. But if the toon can be female, I'll at least give it a shot. I never really got into FO3 - WAY too dark on my old screens (hmmm.... I should get it out and try it with these - these are so much brighter I could maybe see to play....) Not sure I really want to spend the money for a CE though.... That would seriously cut into my Rift money.

Do not fear, again! You are the lone survivor of your vault, though they didn't say why. That includes your family. No marriage and baby crap!

The way it supposedly works - you do not create your own character. Instead you create your parents (that's that male and female sculpting), and your character will be created after your parents looks.
    Last edited by radiomaryja; 06-16-2015 at 08:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by radiomaryja View Post
    The way it supposedly works - you do not create your own character. Instead you create your parents (that's that male and female sculpting), and your character will be created after your parents looks.

I don't believe that is how it works. During the e3 showcasing they mentioned that you play the character you walk away from the mirror with.

Quote Originally Posted by Siggysig View Post
    Do not fear, again! You are the lone survivor of your vault, though they didn't say why. That includes your family. No marriage and baby crap!
    Ah, thanks for that! I'm not really into all that stuff in games I play to get away from RL.
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Siggysig View Post
    Are you the lone survivor? Are you?

Something tells me that we'll see our baby at some point.

Possible spoilers if you haven't seen the E3 conf:
    Spoiler!

Goo goo ga ga of the End?
    Last edited by Jonus; 06-16-2015 at 03:10 PM.

This is the first Fallout I've cared about. Even better, I refuse to get really into a game without playing its predecessors, so by the time I finish all the other Fallout games, Fallout 4 will be less than $20 on sale! ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Maeloda View Post
    This is the first Fallout I've cared about. Even better, I refuse to get really into a game without playing its predecessors, so by the time I finish all the other Fallout games, Fallout 4 will be less than $20 on sale! ;)
    *giggle* Oh, I thought I was the only one like that! I'm RP'ing in a forum atmosphere with some long-time wow friends - in the ME universe, about which I knew NOTHING. I bought the first game, played through it.... Now I have the other two on order, even though I'll be forced to use Origin to play them (ewwwwwwww.... I even cavil at steam....)

[I must say, I probably could have written a better "forward universe" than bioware did.... my gosh, it's as if they never read ANY sci-fi before "going there" - even Doc Smith did better, WITHOUT including computers in his universe, than bioware....]
    Last edited by Narcise; 06-18-2015 at 04:28 PM.

*giggle* Oh, I thought I was the only one like that! I'm RP'ing in a forum atmosphere with some long-time wow friends - in the ME universe, about which I knew NOTHING. I bought the first game, played through it.... Now I have the other two on order, even though I'll be forced to use Origin to play them (ewwwwwwww.... I even cavil at steam....)

[I must say, I probably could have written a better "forward universe" than bioware did.... my gosh, it's as if they never read ANY sci-fi before "going there" - even Doc Smith did better, WITHOUT including computers in his universe, than bioware....]
    They know a lot of sci-fi, but I think they had to:
    1)Portray something that XB360 hardware could actually reliably portray.
    2)Show stuff that even non-scifi fans could relate to.

Quote Originally Posted by Maeloda View Post
    They know a lot of sci-fi, but I think they had to:
    1)Portray something that XB360 hardware could actually reliably portray.
    2)Show stuff that even non-scifi fans could relate to.
    Eh, in today's world is there really anything that "non-sci-fi" fans wouldn't be able to "get"? Really.... we have Apple Watch (among others), self-driving cars, overnight delivery to anywhere....

Well, husband doesn't get it, but he's definitely in some other time-frame. But I know people his age (early 80s) who have NO problem with things like apple watches and browsing on cell phones.

Sorry, I think bioware chose to short-money the franchise.... and I have no idea what XB360 is, so *shrug*.

Eh, in today's world is there really anything that "non-sci-fi" fans wouldn't be able to "get"? Really.... we have Apple Watch (among others), self-driving cars, overnight delivery to anywhere....

Well, husband doesn't get it, but he's definitely in some other time-frame. But I know people his age (early 80s) who have NO problem with things like apple watches and browsing on cell phones.

Sorry, I think bioware chose to short-money the franchise.... and I have no idea what XB360 is, so *shrug*.
    Nearly all of that is 2010s popular tech news (I repeat - popular aka mainstream), not 2000s.

Mass Effect was first made for the Xbox360, the last console cycle. A deal with Microsoft.

It was also harkening back to scifi films from the 80s and futurism from the 60s. ME2 moved more into the 80s-90s and ME3 moved more into the 90s-00s. A lot of Mass Effect is homage to genre, just as Dragon Age is.

The next Mass Effect will have higher tech standards if the news so far about it is any indication. Closer to Halo at least (which makes sense - the new lead writer is from Halo 4).
    Last edited by Maeloda; 06-18-2015 at 07:01 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3