+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need some help from old school Pc Gamers

Default Need some help from old school Pc Gamers

Ok, I have been racking my brain trying to find the name of this game.

It was one of the first pc games we ever played, back when 8mb was your HDD not your ram stick.
    It was a RTS game, one of the very first. ( I want to say is was DOS based.. or maybe 3.1)

I want to say it was named CASTLE (but i have looked and looked under that name to no avail.. it is not castle of the winds or castle 2 or any of those )

Here's how it went.
    You got to choose Attacker or Defender of a castle, then choose a time period (basically changed the layout of the field, castles, and unit selection choices)
    The view was top down (similar to starcraft)
    You could only have so many units on the field at one time.

The attacker was goblins, orcs, etcs
    The one thing i remember mainly was that the the little goblins could run out and cover patches of water with land bridges.. and they could carry ladders to castle walls.

The defender had archers, and swordsmen, and even magicians that threw balls of fire.

If i remember correctly you had to choose which units you wanted on the field from a screen that showed which units and how many of each were still available. The defenders emerged from a center of the castle, and the attacker from a tent in one of the corners. The computer controlled the enemy.

You could command the units to each parts of the field or castle. telling the swordsmen to stand in front of the archers on the wall, etc.. or move units to attack from both sides at once.

If anyone can help me with the name of this game, I would truly appreciate it. Thanks again!
    Jaex

CPU: Intel Core2 Duo E8400 @ 3.00 GHz
    MB : EVGA 780i
    RAM: OCZ SLI-Ready Edition 8GB DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)
    HDD: WD Raptors x 2 (RAID-0) 150 GB (10K RPM)
    GPU: EVGA 512-P3-N845-AR GeForce 8800GTS (G92) KO 512MB 256-bit GDDR3
    ETC: USB Headset Onboard Sound + Razer Lycosa Keyboard + Imperator Mouse(onboard)

I...remember this game.

But not the name and it's going to drive me crazy until someone posts it!

Did you mean Castles? With an S in the end?
    Just thought I'd post it so you havn't gone looking for a game called Castle when it's actually Castles. :P

I tried some googeling but I really have no clue what I'm looking for, hehe.

Hope you find your game. I love when you remember an old game that you really loved and you get to play it again

I do remember playing Castles, but I think the game you are describing is different.

Here is an article on 5 old castle building games - maybe you'll find it here.
    Dual Targeting - The Targeting System of the Modern MMO

If the Lord of the Rings movie trilogy was made by today's MMO designers, the first 8 hours would be condensed into 30 minutes, and the last hour would be stretched out over 8.5 hours. It would be all about 'The Ending' and not about 'The Journey'.

I would have said Defender of the Crown or Castles as well. Only player Defender of the Crown myself, but cant remember if it had orcs.

Found it. It was SIEGE. An old dos game. Still fun to kill time with tho :thanks again everyone!
    Jaex

CPU: Intel Core2 Duo E8400 @ 3.00 GHz
    MB : EVGA 780i
    RAM: OCZ SLI-Ready Edition 8GB DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)
    HDD: WD Raptors x 2 (RAID-0) 150 GB (10K RPM)
    GPU: EVGA 512-P3-N845-AR GeForce 8800GTS (G92) KO 512MB 256-bit GDDR3
    ETC: USB Headset Onboard Sound + Razer Lycosa Keyboard + Imperator Mouse(onboard)

+ Reply to Thread