+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SE Ban Hammer strikes again in FFXIV!

Default SE Ban Hammer strikes again in FFXIV!

Well I must admit after reading this article I really felt bad for this guy and his wife. I have never been banned or even suspended in a game, but I have known many people who have. Some of them deserved it, while others did not. I sure hope that Trion doesn't get too crazy with their ban hammer. Of course it is a double edged sword though because I also sure hope botting and hacking are not tolerated.

Plane Touched

Honestly, FFXIV is so bad SE is doing them a favor.

Prophet of Telara

That is seriously over the top if that is all true. Banned after two hours of gameplay with no real reason and I'd want to scream blue murder at SE.

No matter what we all think of the game (though I have no opinion having not played it) it does sound like this husband and wife team genuinely wanted to play FFXIV and SE have stupidly forced away two would be loyal customers with an over the top banning policy.

Now I'm all for banning people for violations of service when it comes to matters of gold farming and ruining of game economies, but I'd be the first to assume that some form of common sense is used. I can't see how anyone could think they were gold farming in two hours of play in a tutorial level.

It doesn't make a lot of sense.
    We Were The Defiant

Then Rift went Trivial and Dull

It does make sense tbh, they know there game is terrible so they ban people to stop them realizing how bad it is.
    Heretics and Blasphemers shall be purged by the righteous with fire

Thank God I played the beta of this game so I do not have to EVER entertain the notion of, for even the briefest of moments, purchasing it. It was absolutely horrid. I have no doubt in my mind, that this supposed exploit was either entirely imagined by some person or script, or a result of the poor woman trying to navigate the positively infuriating interface. Never before in my life have I witnessed such an unwieldy atrocity produced by such short-sighted, arrogant fools. My mind boggles at every aspect of this game until I am left mentally exhausted from my attempts to understand the depth of their folly. Every time I am reminded of this game, I am overwhelmed by a sense of rage and disappointed which simply cannot be reconciled.

If one were to measure a game's quality by finding the ratio between development cost, and fun, it might be the worst game ever made.

"That is not dead which can eternal lie. And with strange aeons even death may die."
    --H.P. Lovecraft

Don't you have to contacted in game by a GM first? That just sounds crazy that they can ban you without notifying you what the issue was.
    There has to be more to the story.
    Coda Rocklift Bard
    It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.

Dang! That's INSANE!! I'm still willing to give FFXIV a chance ... I'm going to give it a few months. Then I will reevaluate.

Glad I never gave in and bought the game to give it a go. Banning people with absolutely no reasoning is BS in my opinion. They are lucky that wasn't me in that situations, I'm not a pleasant person when I am taken advantage of lol.

This is one game I can certainly cross of my list. (Though in honesty its not like it holds a real chance against Rift anyways lol)

WOW! That is horrible! I'm glad their credit card reversed the charges for them. I'll take that article as fair warning to never buy a game from SE. I never was a fan of Final Fantasy anyway, but this is certainly good to know to avoid anything else they might make in the future.
    Those who guard nature, guard life itself. Those who defile nature bring death and destruction upon us all.

That is both ridiculous and infuriating. How could a company be so negligent? Is SE really that bad, or are we not getting the entire story?

Quote Originally Posted by iMON View Post
    That is both ridiculous and infuriating. How could a company be so negligent? Is SE really that bad, or are we not getting the entire story?
    From other stories I have read about similar situations, I am going to have to say SE is really just that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by skeptic View Post
    Honestly, FFXIV is so bad SE is doing them a favor.
    QFT!
    <Pain >

Quote Originally Posted by Quinton View Post
    From other stories I have read about similar situations, I am going to have to say SE is really just that bad.
    Ugh, that is nauseating. Jokes on me, all this time I just thought they made bad games, I didn't know they were awful humans as well.

My guess is there automated systems are a bit to intelligent for their own good

Regards,
    Kalbuir

+ Reply to Thread