+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rain Keeping Me In All Day

Default Rain Keeping Me In All Day

Ok, my day so far today (that's Wednesday, July 23rd) has been a mess.

"Why is it a mess, Shedelin?" No doubt the question you are about to type, and isn't it lucky that you are talking to Shedelin@Deepwood, also known as King Crazy, because he's going to tell you how it's been a mess so far.

Last night I was dreaming about going on a casual bike ride on a warm sunny day, when the wind picks up. It lashes the trees about as if they were seesaws (yeah, i made that word up likely, i'm not a kid anymore) and it kept making a challenge to keep the bike upright and not crash into my creek.

I wake up this morning to a house-rattling thunderbolt and my iPhone alarm, which contains the song "Surrender" by Cheap Trick (Album: Heaven Tonight) and this message:

"From the desk of Crucia: What's up, b----?"

Naturally, I got up, went to my computer, and listened to bad kids movies music and checked the weather. There was a very nasty severe thunderstorm in southeastern Illinois (warning was in effect) and we were getting a moderate thunderstorm right here in Central Indiana.

I go downstairs to find my dog with her Thundershirt on (my dog is scared of practically anything in her old age, poor dog). I proceed to turn on the TV to GSN and Match Game 76, and the first thing that pops up? A commercial for the new movie, "Into the Storm", which of course serenaded with the thunderstorm outside. As it went back to the Match Game studio, I had a partial signal loss, so i turn off the TV, fix myself some breakfast (it was flavorless and watery, and unfortunately now I have an upset stomach), I take my meds, then proceed to go take a hot shower. Sadly, I am freezing cold and had to will myself into the hot shower.

I then come back into my computer room and check the weather. Nasty flood warning was in effect. Luckily, at least the thunderstorm had a small break in it, so I decided to take my chances and walk the dog. As soon as I walk in to my home after I walked the dog, rain starts pouring again, and i check the weather again. Sure enough, another smaller system is passing over my head right now as i type, and unfortunately a line of thunderstorm systems spreading from North Dakota to Texas is heading east and moving slowly.

I am an equipment manager for my high school football team, and sadly it looks like my high school will not have practice for the third time this summer, if this thunderstorm happens when I think it will happen.

I do hope Rift comes back online soon so I can at least find some joy on this gloomy day. I think even the undead on World of Warcraft (if they existed in real life) would not find joy from this day...and they love everything that humans hate.

So erm, what I got from this thread.....

1)It was raining.

2)"I am an equipment manager for my high school football team" - I'm a water boy?

What you should be getting:

1) It is raining.

2) I'm an equipment manager. However, if you must think of my position as "water boy", then I can relate...however, equipment managers do more than lug water.

3) I'm having no joy right now, so I hope I can at least find some joy in Rift, but first, we need Rift to come back online.

Ah I see, its still raining.

Pardon my phrasing of the term "water boy" I'm not from MURICA!!! What I know as "equipment managers for football teams" are those poor nerdy kids that get bullied around by jocks, or atleast thats what US films teach us.

Welp, untill Rift comes online, play Clash of Clans on your phone :P Helps me kill time while at work

Voli, I can see your position, and yes, there are plenty of films showing guys bullying those small kids that are EQ managers or water boys.

However, here in the USA, states are gradually taking lessons from those films you refer to. I'm not certain if this is true, but I have heard 24 US states have made bullying illegal. In fact, here in Indiana, state laws now require schools to suspend, expel, or even prosecute as a criminal, students who partake in bullying at any time (not just when school is in session), even if it occurs off school grounds. Don't believe me? Take this quote from my school principal:

"We get a lot of reports from parents and students saying 'I did this on Saturday at my house, it's none of your business what I do on Saturday in my own room at my house.' The law says 'This is our business, and we can deal with that.'"

I guess its a cultural difference but in EU, well then again all EU countries differ in law, The Law doesn't support and it strongly disapproves bullying, but its not illegal afaik.

If I remember (been 8 years since I finished school) once you leave school for the day, the school is not responsible if you get bullied even on school grounds, as its regarded as a personal dispute between two people, rather than two students, and its a matter of the police to deal with it, if it gets out of control.

Ah, I don't know much about equip' mgmt but I can say I was having the opposite feelings to you about the weather.

It's been super hot here for me over the last few days and finally it started to rain just now. Finally some relief, hate the heat.

+ Reply to Thread