+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: someone give this guy a job.

He is rich. After selling 2 games to SOE he doesn't need a job anymore.

Want a Melee Mage? Support the Theurgist!

More like...somebody never hire this guy again.
    <a href=http://www.trinityguild.org target=_blank>http://www.trinityguild.org/images/signatures/rift/sig_final.png</a>
    I mean, I guess it would just be a guy who you know, grabs bananas and runs. Or, um, a banana that grabs things. I donít know.
    Why would a banana grab another banana? I mean, those are the kind of questions I donít want to answer.

sad story..

eq was the lucky one...

What's even sadder is these days Vanguard isn't a half bad game. Dwindling subscriber base and a lack of any further development from SoE has doomed it for sure though. I have been playing the trial and it's a different game to release although the fact the last patch notes on the updater were from over a year ago says it all really.

Out of all the MMO currenty out there I think Vanguard has the most potential, if someone would give it a lick of paint and relaunch it.

Quote Originally Posted by Skorne View Post
    What's even sadder is these days Vanguard isn't a half bad game. Dwindling subscriber base and a lack of any further development from SoE has doomed it for sure though. I have been playing the trial and it's a different game to release although the fact the last patch notes on the updater were from over a year ago says it all really.

Out of all the MMO currenty out there I think Vanguard has the most potential, if someone would give it a lick of paint and relaunch it.
    Has being keyword. Shoulda coulda but didn't *shrugs*

#retiredBear #teamBBCs #puffForeverMad

Imo they just made the game too big and too massive, wich they couldn't handle and ran out of time.
    My hopes for Vanguard before release was huge. It's not an ALL bad game. But it lacks all the polish. At least when I played.

I tried downloading the trial now again, but somehow, it asks me to subscribe instead. So I say **** it. If SOE doesn't want customers and need such a complicated trial system (perhaps i'm just stupid) well... their loss really. I gave it a try. SOE to me just seem like these greedy mother****s who's all about money and not about the games.

Ow noes someone brought up the Brad topic :P Seriously tho I wouldn't mind at all to see him on the team he has great idea's but I think its just that and honestly I think that the RIFT team doesn't need more idea's they seem to have plenty of experience on their team they just need to get the job done.

Regards,
    Kalbuir

Quote Originally Posted by Invocati View Post
    Imo they just made the game too big and too massive, wich they couldn't handle and ran out of time.
    My hopes for Vanguard before release was huge. It's not an ALL bad game. But it lacks all the polish. At least when I played.

I tried downloading the trial now again, but somehow, it asks me to subscribe instead. So I say **** it. If SOE doesn't want customers and need such a complicated trial system (perhaps i'm just stupid) well... their loss really. I gave it a try. SOE to me just seem like these greedy mother****s who's all about money and not about the games.
    its because your station account remembers that you played once. Create a new station account to do the trial, but then if you like it, activate off your old account, you get nice /claim items.

Ive been playing it the last 3-4 weeks, and its quite enjoyable, its seemed to recently get a nice bunch of people join up. Im Zynder on Xeth server if you give it a try again look me up. XP grinding is fun, named hunting fun. Classes are excellently done.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Kalbuir View Post
    Ow noes someone brought up the Brad topic :P Seriously tho I wouldn't mind at all to see him on the team he has great idea's but I think its just that and honestly I think that the RIFT team doesn't need more idea's they seem to have plenty of experience on their team they just need to get the job done.

Regards,
    Kalbuir
    Anyone that is popping OCs all day...I would not want them on my team.

Quote Originally Posted by tbroc View Post
    Anyone that is popping OCs all day...I would not want them on my team.
    its just cheap to bring that up really, lets not go there

Regards,
    Kalbuir

Quote Originally Posted by Kalbuir View Post
    its just cheap to bring that up really, lets not go there

Regards,
    Kalbuir
    First time I have heard of this..

Want a Melee Mage? Support the Theurgist!

Prophet of Telara

He's got an imagination and a desire to make a game that matters, but his strong point is not management. He'd be great in a creative role, I'm not going to deny that.

Real life shouldn't matter when it comes down to his ability to do a job and every one commenting on gossip should remember that it could happen to them any time.

Talk about his ability to do a job, not gossip on his life. That's hardly fair when you really don't know the truth.

No I'm not Brad McQuaid, and I don't think he did a good job managing the production of Vanguard, but I don't doubt his credentials to come up with a good idea.

I have nothing but good memories from eq, specially the early Verant days, it is easy to point and laugh at someone when they fall but it is more noble to point out their good qualities. I applaud his vision to create VG as am sure his intent was not to see it what it became, many other mmo's have fared just as bad if not worse but people find it easy to finger at him simply because of his mmo celebrity name.

Never stop trying, if you fall, dammit get up.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaladan View Post
    many other mmo's have fared just as bad if not worse
    Yeah Garriot already had 2 completely failed MMO but he gets to go into space!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast