• 4 Post By Agrona77
  • 1 Post By Agrona77
  • 2 Post By Rikalus
  • 2 Post By Fairywren
  • 1 Post By Seyler

Thread: Share your favorite recipe here

Default Share your favorite recipe here

Roasted Vegetable Quiche... with BACON!

Buy some deep dish pie crusts (I actually used 2, because I always make too much lol)
    Poke some holes in them with a fork.

For seasoning, I used some mixed herbs (like Herbs de Provence – thyme, oregano, basil, pepper, salt) I actually added all the herbs to the egg mixture and I also added some herbs over the veggies before I roasted them.

1 Red Bell Pepper
    1 Green Bell Pepper
    1 Orange Bell Pepper
    1 small Eggplant
    1 package of Portabella Mushrooms (sliced)
    4-5 Garlic cloves (not peeled)
    1 lbs Bacon
    1 pack of shredded Italian cheese
    2 eggs (I used 4 eggs and a cup of half and half, to cover 2 pies)
    3/4th cup of heavy cream

First put the eggplant slices on a few layers of paper towels and sprinkle then with salt. After 15 minutes, pat them dry.

Toss the eggplant, zucchini, and peppers lightly in olive oil and arrange them on a greased baking sheet. Also add the garlic cloves, still in the skin. Let everything roast for about 20 minutes in the oven (at 400 degrees F).

When you take the veggies out of the oven, remove the garlic from its skin and mince.

Fry up a pound of bacon (I cut it up in small pieces first – and do it while the veggies roast)

Layer the pie crust with cheese, then bacon, then veggies
    Top with more cheese

Whisk eggs with cream and pour it over everything.

Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes or until cheese has melted and is a golden brown. I actually left it in there for 20 minutes. Then again, I didn’t bake the pie crust first. You can do that, put the pie crusts in the oven for 10 minutes, before you add all the filling.

For seasoning, I used some mixed herbs (like herbs de province – thyme, oregano, basil, pepper, salt) I actually added all the herbs to the egg mixture and I also added some herbs over the veggies before I roasted them.

This is so good and rather quick and easy. Oh you can also add Zucchini, or replace Eggplant with Zucchini or just use peppers or whatever veggie you like.

Here's a link to the original recipe, which I modified... with BACON! LOL

Relic Cape

dense leather x 40
    striped leather x 40
    truehide leather x 60
    linden lumber x 95
    elm lumber x 95
    madrosa lumber x 95
    catalytic dust x 95
    empyrean silk x 200
    Chimera's cloak petal x 75
    Frazzleweed tuft x75
    Lucidflower Spire x 100
    enchanted lacquer x 285
    Magical oil x 120
    coruscating ethereal shard x30
    infinity Cauldron x15
    Emulsifying Blend x139
    strong thread x100

Use CDs and press craft yo, very tasty
    twitch.tv/seshatar | Twitter: @Seshatar | HoT Discord | Discord: Seshatar#1337

<Skins on Farm> selling 700+ weapon wardrobe skins on [EU] (click for full list)

IGNs: [EU] Volturnus@Gelidra / [NA] Seshatar@Faeblight | RAF: LMPNWLNLPHY2P6QCTWF6

Now, if it where a relic CAKE, it would certainly fit here... LOL

I can do cake. Double choco muffins...

You will need, an oven pre heated to 180°C some scales for weighing. A bowl for mixing and a fork to mix with. Also a small glass helps with the eggs, if you break eggs like me, its easier to get the shell out of a small glass rather than when you've added the egg to the mixture. Some paper muffin cases. I usually end up with about 10 muffins.

The edible parts you need are... 6oz caster sugar (cos I'm a mage lol) 6oz margarine, 5oz self raising flour, 2oz cocoa, 2 large eggs, 100g of milk choc chips, 100g of plain choc chips.

Method.

Cream the margarine and caster sugar together. Beat in one egg until its all smooth and creamy. Next add half of the flour and mix it up until there are no lumps. Now add the second egg and mix it in. Now add the rest of the flour and cocoa and stir well, Finally load it up with the choccy chips and give it a stir and make a wish (very important to make a wish.)

Now you can dollop it out into the muffin cases (don't forget to lick the bowl out) and bung them in the middle of the oven for around 25-30 minutes. The muffins should be spongy when gently pressed on top. When ready, place muffins on a wire rack to cool.

Once cool enough to handle, you must eat all the muffins yourself no later than 3 hours after you started making them else your wish wont come true.
    Rikalus. Retired lvl 60 P76 Noob Mage. Bloodiron *Blue Team*
    Per Incendia Ego Perussi

Chicken Kebab with curry vegetables

I found a recipe that sounded tasty, but changed it to make it even more tastier!! (well, personal preference there…) I think you could say it is more or less a Chinese dish. (I love curry chicken at the Chinese restaurant!)

You need:
    1 Cucumber
    1 Bunch of radishes
    1 Spanish onion (those really big less hot ones)
    4-5 Carrots
    1-2 Red paprika
    200ml Coconut milk (one small pack should be 200ml)
    ~ 100ml Water
    ~400g Chicken breast
    Salt and Pepper
    Cayenne Pepper
    Paprika Spice
    Curry powder (yellow)
    2 bags of boil-in-bag rice
    Margarine/oil or whatever you use for roasting
    1 Big full teaspoon instant vegetable stock (or make it yourself it you got the patience for that, we have also such little vegetable stock blocks soluble in water)
    Small skewers

Preperation:
    Wash all the vegetables and peel the cucumber and carrots.
    Cut the cucumber and radish in rather small pieces (not too tiny or they will become too soft when cooking later). Cut the carrots in slices. The paprika should be cut in a bit bigger pieces for the Kebab later.
    Cut the onion in half and just cut off both ends and then lengthways about 3-4 times, so that when you take every layer of the onion apart after that you get about 2cm big squares.

Start the water for the rice and put salt in it.

Wash the chicken breast and cut it into cubes (roughly) preferably try to get them all around the same size.
    Put the Paprika, Onion and a chicken cube on the skewers (I took about 3x onion+paprika+chicken until one skewer was full). Spice it all with the paprika spice, salt and pepper from all sides and heat up the margarine/oil in a frying pan.

Start the cooking:
    You can already put the prepared skewers in the pan when it is hot, if you already prepared all other vegetables.

Put the rice into the boiling water.

Cut the rest of the onion in thinner slices (as above, but maybe 5-6 times lengthwise, not too small)
    Take a large cooking pot, add margarine/oil and toss all cut vegetables (onions, carrots, cucumber and radish) into the pot. You can also add the remaining paprika pieces, if you like that. Spice it all with salt and cayenne pepper and turn down the heat to maybe 60-70% (We have 1-9, so I usually just put it to 5-6). Leave it there with a lit on the pot and stir it around a little with a big spoon sometimes until the radish begins to lose color (it will lose color completely if you keep cooking it, but we want it all still kinda crunchy so don’t cook it too long!)

Check for your kebab again and turn it if needed. You might have to use a fork or other tool to press the meat against the hot surface of the pan to get the chicken a little more crispy (for me they kebab never fits into the pan so I had to do that).

Add the water to the vegetables (you can do this earlier, if you think they might otherwise burn). Once it is hot, add the vegetable stock and stir. Now you can add the coconut milk and add as much curry as you want (I like to add a lot until it has a very nice yellow color and because it is delicious).
    Leave it in the pot with the lit closed again and check if your kebab is done. (Chicken always needs to be cooked or roasted until it is well done, if you are unsure just cut one chicken cube in half and see if it is still of a rose color inside. If it is white inside, it is good otherwise leave it there)

All you need to do now is taste your curry sauce and spice more if necessary.
    The vegetables should still be firm to the bite and the radishes rose rather than red.

Serve it all together with the rice and put some of the sauce over the kebab if you want. <3

Share your favorite recipe here-14iq3hj.jpg
    Fairywren@FaeblightGuild: The Tinfoil Knights
    Dimensions: The Secret Garden (Faeblight), The Northwind Vale (Faeblight), The Fiery Cauldron (Zaviel),
    Yazka's Hideout (Zaviel)

This is NOT my favorite recipe, but Agrona requested it, so here you go

Hungarian goulash the way I cook it
    (yes this is a soup)
    serves 4 people

ingredients:
    600g beef, diced (~1.4lbs)
    3 carrots
    2 parsley roots (or parsnips)
    a large celery root
    a large onion
    2 large potatoes
    3-4 cloves of garlic, crushed
    1 tablespoon of fat/oil
    water about 3l (~100oz)
    spices:
    salt (as much as needed)
    half teaspoon of ground cumin
    red paprika powder
    black pepper to taste

Throw the diced beef into a tall cooking pot with a spoonful of oil or fat, and heat until whitened, stirring regularly. Then add the crushed garlic and water and bring to a boil. Meanwhile you can clean the vegetables: peel them, wash them, cut to a manageable size, except the onion which is left whole. When the pot boils, turn down the heat and remove the foam from the surface. Add the celery, parsley root, onion and 2 carrots. Let it simmer for 2 hours, until the meat is tender, but remove the vegetables when they are starting to come apart and throw them away (they are only there to add taste).
    Replace the water that evaporated. Dice the remaining carrot and the potatoes and add to the soup along with all the spices and salt. (Add paprika powder until the soup is a bright orange color.) Continue cooking until the vegetables are done. Serve with fresh baked bread.

Share your favorite recipe here-gulyas.jpg

Notes:
    -You can add as much hot spices as you like.
    -I wrote 2 hours of cooking time, that may change according to the quality of meat. Here we usually only have old beef in the market, so that requires a long cooking.
    -I may have converted the measurements wrong, please bear with me.
    Last edited by Seyler; 06-05-2014 at 09:21 AM. Reason: pic

Hmmm, some great recipes in here!

Double Choco muffins!!!!! You can never go wrong with choco anything!

Curry veggies and chicken kebabs! I LOVE curry! Sounds totally yummy!

Authentic Hungarian Goulash! Wow, thanks Seyler. Never thought it would be "soup-like", thought you also cooked it like beef stew, with a heavy sauce. But still, I like soups and I love to try anything new! So, what IS your favorite recipe then?

Speaking of soup, here's one that my step mom always makes when I visit my family in Germany. I also cooked it for an office party a few times here and all my co-workers loved it.

Leek Beef Cheese Soup

What you need:

1 bundle of Leek
    1 lb of Ground Beef
    1 package of laughing cow cheese wedges (creamy swiss or Garlic Herb) and if you live in Europe, you might have something like this - use the herb variety.
    1/4 cub of beef broth (or just enough to loosen up the ground beef)
    4 cubs of milk (more or less, I don't think I ever measure that, I just add enough for it to make it of a soup-like consistency)

Add ground beef and beef broth to a pot and let the ground beef cook thoroughly. It doesn't need to be browned, but it should fall apart and you shouldn't have any large chunks.

Cut up the Leeks. The leeks I get in the US are really large, so I cut them once lengthwise, so I have two halves and then chop them into small pieces.

Add the leeks and let it simmer for a bit, until the leeks are no longer raw.

Then add the milk, bring it to a quick boil and then lower the temperature.

Add the cheese wedges and let them melt and stir it all well. If you feel that it's not cheesy enough, just add another package of the wedges. One can never have enough cheese! You can always adjust the recipe if you are cooking for more than 4 people.

For spices, I use salt and pepper and a little nutmeg, although my step mom insists that this dish is a nutmeg free one.

I never had a written recipe for this dish, so I just typed it up from memory. You can tell if you have enough or not enough milk. Just use your own judgement.
    Last edited by Agrona77; 06-06-2014 at 08:01 AM.

+ Reply to Thread