+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Wildstar

Default Wildstar

1 day, 15 hours, 15 minutes and 22 seconds, but whos counting.

what are you guys looking forward to the most!

also loving the fan videos on youtube right now
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhSOmAbefRI

Rift Chaser

That game have serious performance issues and nothing will change.

https://twitter.com/Cougardc/status/472110802389192704

no more optimizations, that game will be free 2 play soon.

but gl & hf there if you have decent fps.

Quote Originally Posted by jebeninick View Post
    That game have serious performance issues and nothing will change.

https://twitter.com/Cougardc/status/472110802389192704

no more optimizations, that game will be free 2 play soon.

but gl & hf there if you have decent fps.
    The game will launch with 64 bit client, a multicore enhanced engine, multicore support and multi-GPU support and will continue to get more optimization changes and enhancements. That quote is a bit pointless as the game launches in 2 days, you don't make big changes 2 days before launch. Still nice to see how active and open the devs are though.

On my current 3 year old set up of an i5 and gtx460 I am getting 90+ fps in wildstar.

http://imgur.com/l9rCkeQ

But this thread isn't about that, looking forward to the pvp, raids and more videos like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1oEkRRfd8o

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by ESFS View Post
    The game will launch with 64 bit client, a multicore enhanced engine, multicore support and multi-GPU support and will continue to get more optimization changes and enhancements. That quote is a bit pointless as the game launches in 2 days, you don't make big changes 2 days before launch. Still nice to see how active and open the devs are though.

On my current 3 year old set up of an i5 and gtx460 I am getting 90+ fps in wildstar.

http://imgur.com/l9rCkeQ

But this thread isn't about that, looking forward to the pvp, raids and more videos like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1oEkRRfd8o

well i have 130+ fps when facing a wall like you do i have gtx650ti. But it fails when a lot of ppl are there and when battle is going on, I have then 25fps.

they promised optimization and they only well I mean nvidia did publish new drivers with wildstar optimization nothing more.

You will see. raids and pvp will be unplayable for most. Its like conquest in rift.

ppl say they got 10% more fps and thats it.

its a good game but suffers from bad engine like Rift,.
    Last edited by jebeninick; 05-29-2014 at 02:19 PM.

Default Playing mmo is like dating a women

well i have 130+ fps when facing a wall like you do i have gtx650ti. But it fails when a lot of ppl are there and when battle is going on, I have then 25fps.

they promised optimization and they only well I mean nvidia did publish new drivers with wildstar optimization nothing more.

You will see. raids and pvp will be unplayable for most. Its like conquest in rift.

Any nVidia card that is rated x50 or lower is not a performance gaming card. Those are rated for multimedia applications (web graphics, videos, low intensity gaming for things like browser-based games and so on).

The 650 is the entry level GPU from nvidia for that series in terms of "performance" gaming cards. By design, the x50 cards are the least expensive and the least performing of that line. For example, a 570 out performs a 650. Heck, a 580 is more powerful than a 750. It won't look as good, quality wise, but the x70 and x80 cards have more base RAMDACs and VRAM. The GPU itself will vary from series to series.

That being said, someone with an x50 card complaining about a game's performance issues are likely causing the majority of those issues locally. The x60 is so much better and usually only costs $20-50 more depending on the manufacturer.

Compared to Rift, I easily get double and sometimes triple the FPS in Wildstar. That's mainly due to the 64 bit client and multi-core support. Rift ties your PC's proverbial hands behind its back. It does no good having an 8 or 12 core CPU with 32gb of RAM when the game can only use 2.5gb of that RAM and only 1 core.

Edit: The majority of people on the forums complaining about performance issues are coming from that other MMO and they have 10 year old PCs. They're used to low spec, low-fi games. We had the same issues here in Rift at launch.
    Last edited by Laeris; 05-29-2014 at 03:06 PM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Laeris View Post

Edit: The majority of people on the forums complaining about performance issues are coming from that other MMO and they have 10 year old PCs. They're used to low spec, low-fi games. We had the same issues here in Rift at launch.
    Its not true, look at ppl's rigs, they have far better configuration then i have and they had crappy fps. Even ppl with sli and awesome processors have crappy fps. Their engine is not capable to give steady or good fps. look at archeage with cryoengine 3. i have 80-90 fps there with all maxed except shadows...with shadows it drops to 50. I know that from my experience and 3 others who tried wildstar and archeage. And they have intel i7 and i5 processors while i have phenom II x4 (Oc).

Its not true, look at ppl's rigs, they have far better configuration then i have and they had crappy fps. Even ppl with sli and awesome processors have crappy fps. Their engine is not capable to give steady or good fps. look at archeage with cryoengine 3. i have 80-90 fps there with all maxed except shadows...with shadows it drops to 50. I know that from my experience and 3 others who tried wildstar and archeage. And they have intel i7 and i5 processors while i have phenom II x4 (Oc).
    Well,I'll say this that the most important stat in PC gaming is the chip's cache size and arrangement. My old rig that I just sold was new in 2008. It had a QX9770 CPU in it (quad core with 12MB L2 cache). It ran Rift at nearly 60 fps up until about a year ago when I think my mobo was starting to go out. One of my GPU slots went bad and the sound card PCI-E slot went out. The FPS in Rift went down by about half.

Now, my girlfriend's PC was new in 2012. It's an Alienware gaming laptop with an i5 and it never even came close to matching the performance of my 6 year old PC... even when the motherboard shorted out. I only had 8gb of RAM and she has 16. Our GPUs are comparable... but I do recognize that she has a laptop and mine was a full size desktop. They are not created equal.

My old machine has 12 mb of L2 cache available. Hers only has 6mb. In Rift, she can barely play if the settings are up beyond medium. In Wildstar, she gets around 30fps. On my old machine, I was getting marginally better performance (10fps average... give or take)... all with a damaged motherboard.

Both of our CPUs were the same clock speed and core count. Hers has a newer architecture than mine did but it had a woeful amount of cache. She can play the heck out of single player games but MMOs tax your machine so much more due to the amount of data that is being processed. That is why mine outperformed hers. That chip of mine was a server grade CPU that was, at its creation, one of the best CPUs money could buy due to its extremely high cache arrangement.

Today, my new CPU has 16mb of smart cache which allows the CPU to dynamically transfer the memory to the core(s) that need it... up to 16mb to a single core. If you pay attention to the people in Wildstar that are getting nauseatingly high FPS counts, they're doing it with 8+ core CPUs with 12+ mb of smart cache. The GPUs help, but in MMOs I stand by the fact that cache amount and cache type are absolutely the performance stat to pay attention to. You can overclock a budget CPU to 5+ GHz but you can only process as much data per cycle as your CPU cache can queue. MMOs will fully load your system... most other games don't.

That's why you don't notice you have a problem until you load up an MMO and the amount of data you need to process becomes queued... and your FPS begins to suffer. Higher cache sizes allow more data to be processed per cycle... which allows you to be able to handle much higher loads.

I don't doubt that some people get bad performance. It is entirely possible that they have a config that could benefit from optimization. I do know though that the overwhelming majority of gamers with top tier rigs are getting top tier performance.

...At least the ones that know the difference between 4 i7 processors with the same GPU

Like with most games out today though, sadly, AMD users are universally suffering. That's mainly AMD's fault though.
    Last edited by Laeris; 05-29-2014 at 06:57 PM.

Telaran

Are some people unable to play conquest due to lag lol?

My specs btw :

i7
    8gb
    64bit lel

Laptop from begin 2012.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Laeris View Post
    I don't doubt that some people get bad performance. It is entirely possible that they have a config that could benefit from optimization. I do know though that the overwhelming majority of gamers with top tier rigs are getting top tier performance.

...At least the ones that know the difference between 4 i7 processors with the same GPU

Like with most games out today though, sadly, AMD users are universally suffering. That's mainly AMD's fault though.

Yea AMD is crap now , my next proc will be i5 or i7. Btw radeon cards are crap too I had 5770 and sold it and bought 650ti. Nvidia have better driver support and constant updates, AMD radeon just sux.

Rift Chaser

The skill cap in wildstar is logging in, GG flop!!

roflmaocoptergiggleskates

What's with these bad engines? Bad engines have got to go. BtW, what engines are good, so I can shop. Tx
    Last edited by Nuuli; 06-01-2014 at 09:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AceinHole View Post

As for computer specs:

While I agree that Intel is superior, some of us run AMD because we don't want to spend $300+ for a decent Intel chip. AMD is literally less than half the price. I have a feeling Intel is fleecing us all with their pretty outrageous prices.

See, this is the disconnect I think a lot of gamers have. You don't want to spend $300+ for a "decent" chip. Now, for great performance and high settings, I hate to tell you but a $300 chip probably won't cut it. If you look around at who is getting the triple digit FPS numbers in Wildstar, it's people with $1,000+ CPUs.

Sadly, gaming quality is directly proportionate to how much you spend on the machine. $150 CPU will give you slow FPS and force you to play on low settings for the rest of your days. When building or buying a PC, absolutely do not skimp on the CPU. Your rig will be a lot faster with a full-featured $500 CPU and a budget $150 GPU than it will be if you buy a $150 CPU and go full monty on a $600 780.

That being said... a friend does not let his gamer buddy game on a 450, 550, 650, or a 750. Those cards are the root cause of "OMG this engine sucks!" threads all over the internet. Go with an x60 series if you have to go budget. SO much better cards for only a teeeeenie bit more than an x50. The x50 is -not- a performance gaming GPU.

Did I just read somebody refer to 25fps as unplayable?
    <Coriolis>
    Archemys

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast