+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By jebeninick
  • 1 Post By Laeris
  • 1 Post By gobSIDES

Thread: Your recent movies

Default Your recent movies

Just a thread where anyone can post the most recent film or films that they have seen, be it at the movies or at home.

Have been catching a few more at the flicks recently & like to know other peoples opinions on flavour of the month films etc.
    Also find myself thinking of films to watch but run out of ideas, so in a way this could be used as a reference.

Godzilla 7/10

Pleasantly surprised by this as I was expecting another Jamiriqui soundtracked disaster, not an amazing film by any means with some unnecessary & pointless moments but overall worth a watch. Some nice old school Godzilla easter eggs thown in as well if thats your thing.

X-Men Days of Future Past 6.5/10

Probably a victim of its own hype, it starts with a bang and ends with an attempted one but the rest of it is pretty much forgettable with a good 20mins of it being people in aeroplanes or shots of them. Its a decent enough popcorn film but left me with more of a 'meh' feeling than an OMGUGOTTASEETHISMOVIE.
    Last edited by BaronVonBoom; 05-24-2014 at 04:12 PM.

Tomorow I will be going to see X-Men DOFP and I also got I, Frankenstein so I will give that a watch maybe on the night.
    So I'll let you know my opinions.

Watched in the last couple of weeks...
    Wolf of Wall Street 8/10
    American Hustle 6/10
    Robocop 2/10
    Vampire Academy 5/10
    Amazing Spider-man 2 7/10

I am a massive Robocop fan and I must say even after the reviews and the bashing it got I so wanted it to be good, but it just wasn't. I'd like to be kinder but I can't think of anything really good or well done about it at all.

Vampire Academy kinda surprised me-It's one of those movies that is kinda bad and has terrible cheesy acting but kinda comes together well and makes for a fun watch, imo.

saw X-Men DOFP and really enjoyed it.
    Give it 8/10

Quote Originally Posted by gobSIDES View Post
    saw X-Men DOFP and really enjoyed it.
    Give it 8/10
    Nice

Glad you enjoyed it, also thanks for reminding me of Robocop, I tried to watch it at home twice last week and fell asleep both times it was that bad..lol
    2/10 is probably fair an thats just for Gary Oldman & Michael Keaton being in it, apart from that it stinks.

Would like to know how I Frankenstein is, I groaned when I watched trailers for it but still wanna see it

I didn't enjoy Godzilla. Partly due to the fact that Godzilla looked like my dog, but mostly because it was brutally long and had some ******** story attached to it. I would have preferred just endless wanton destruction
    Last edited by SWGMOD010; 05-26-2014 at 01:47 AM.

Also, Stormzill
    STORMSTORMSTORMSTORMSTORMSTORMSTORMSTORMSTORM

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by BaronVonBoom View Post
    Nice

Glad you enjoyed it, also thanks for reminding me of Robocop, I tried to watch it at home twice last week and fell asleep both times it was that bad..lol
    2/10 is probably fair an thats just for Gary Oldman & Michael Keaton being in it, apart from that it stinks.

Would like to know how I Frankenstein is, I groaned when I watched trailers for it but still wanna see it
    I just woke up, and i can say this....if you can't sleep or you have an insomnia just watch Robocop, it will make you sleep like a baby

1.5/10
    Last edited by jebeninick; 05-26-2014 at 07:25 AM.

I saw X-Men yesterday. Maybe I'm just a snooty writer... but time travel deus ex machina plotlines are so utterly cheesy.

Overall, my summation is the following: It is one of the top 3 worst movies I have ever seen. Terrible plotline, too much whining, and nobody ever tosses that midget. The only redeeming thing in the movie was the Quicksilver scenes.

So I finally go round to watching I, Frankenstein.

It's no masterpiece and it's laden with pretty bad and hammy acting al round. But for what it is it makes a pretty okay watch.
    Has good action and never made me wanna turn it off. The story is nothing new and it does have a few sh!tty parts- but it's still sorta enjoyable.

You'll prolly like it if you like movies like Underworld, Legion and Preist-if you don't like these then you maybe should give it a miss.

5/10

Non-Stop 5.5/10

Hop on board the Liam Neeson locomotive, where it stops we'll never know!
    Has Neeson gotten himself into any financial trouble? Only asking as he seems to be churning out films in a quantity and style that Nicolas Cage is accustomed to:/
    While this film isnt bad by any means its not really good either, it just feels like another cashing in of the hype that Taken drummed up but in a totally different & non working way lol. Cop, bit mean, hijack, throws around a few nice touches but alas its just standard fair.

Thanks for the heads up on I Frankenstein, will try an give it a watch soon

Yeah watched Non Stop too. Wasn't actually looking to forward to it after Taken 2.

But I actually thought it was okay. Good cast and not a bad story(granted nothing new or amazing)

But for a popcorn movie it was pretty okay.

6/10

Me and a few of my friends recently saw:

The Marked Ones
    Bonnie and Clyde
    Carrie (newest version)
    The Purge
    Oculus (2014)

Quote Originally Posted by xDollx View Post
    Me and a few of my friends recently saw:

The Marked Ones
    Bonnie and Clyde
    Carrie (newest version)
    The Purge
    Oculus (2014)
    Any ratings for those? Your favourite?

3 movies I just watched over the last week...

After-Had a good premise and really cool atmosphere but let itself down with weak characters and drawn out boring talking scenes and kinda dodgy sfx. 5/10

Animal-This movie was one of those that's kinda bad enough to be enjoyable imo. I thought it was pretty okay though. 6/10

Bad Neighbours- Had a lot of funny moments but lacked a quality support cast for Seth Rogan. I felt like he was holding the film down and it just wasn't that funny when he was off screen. Still a good fun movie-7/10
    Last edited by gobSIDES; 06-22-2014 at 03:11 AM.

i saw the latest X-men yesterday.

I don't think I've seen an explanation on why Dr. X is suddenly alive. I also was not too fond of the actor of the younger version of Dr. X.

Was the midget Tyrion Lannister's actor from GoT? It felt like they made the story fit him instead of him fitting in the story.

I was expecting much more changed present and future action, but instead most of the movie was centered around the past.

Overall, the movie was ok. I can't say I was too bored with it (unlike with X-Men II.)
    The CGI and fights were nice, but the story was lacking and forced. The acting was nothing great but nothing too bad either ( I have seen the german dubbed version. Most german dubs from AAA movies are very very good and add a layer of depth to the characters, where there might have been none in the original. For instance with Rita in DEXTER. In the german dub she had a very strong willed and sympathetic voice which made me really care for her character. In the english original, she has such a croaking voice, that makes you really dislike her. Another example is Carrie from King of Queens)

I'd say the newest spiderman movie was a much much better movie overall, especially with the acting and story.

+ Reply to Thread