+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Who here is waiting for Warlords Of Draenor

Default Who here is waiting for Warlords Of Draenor

Its well known that a lot of Rift's playerbase are ex-wow players or sitting waiting for the next expac. I personally have never played WoW, nor do I ever intend to. However, there is talk even amongst my guild that many are WoW players just playing Rift until the next expac.

So, I am trying to get an idea of how many people will prefer to dedicate their time and money to Rift over WoW, as I also know that Rift has people from WoW who have simply gotten fed up with it and do not intend to return. The last thing I want to see is a mass desertion of Rift once WoD releases.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonzodog View Post
    Its well known that a lot of Rift's playerbase are ex-wow players or sitting waiting for the next expac. I personally have never played WoW, nor do I ever intend to. However, there is talk even amongst my guild that many are WoW players just playing Rift until the next expac.

So, I am trying to get an idea of how many people will prefer to dedicate their time and money to Rift over WoW, as I also know that Rift has people from WoW who have simply gotten fed up with it and do not intend to return. The last thing I want to see is a mass desertion of Rift once WoD releases.
    Inc wall of text,

I am the type of player who will go try Warlords of draenor, Only because I love to try new expansions and video games, its my cheap entertainment, But I wont give up rift either,

Not sure how many of these messages there are in these forums already, But ill put my 2cents into it, People Leave and come back all the time, Some players are always after the next best thing or as some people call it a new "high" But then they come back to this game or what ever,

I play alot of Computer games, First person shooter's and MMO's BF4 / Counter strike/ WoW / Rift/ I played Aion for a bit/ Final fantasy/ Swotr for a bit/

What I see during the launch of a new game or a new patch for any game. In game chat ill see This game fails im going to game X because the new patch is making it 100x better, that lasts usually about a month then the player returns, I wont say 100% of the players return but most do,

Also what I see and love to read when I am playing a new expansion or game is in general chat is if im playing WoW, I see people bashing Rift and how bad it is, If im playing Rift, I see people saying how Bad WoW is, and almost seems like everyone even the bad rift players claim to be some hardcore vanilla WoW raiders, More stuff I like to read while im questing and wasting time, If im playing Swotr for thoese few days it was how bad Rift and WoW is,
    60 Cleric = folgersinmycup
    2964 wisdom , 6673 spellpower,
    227 crit power, 996 pa levels
    530 hit
    Healing greater Illuminated tidesource and Nefarious shadesource

God no. Not ever returning to that hot mess. No.
    Faeblight
    ilexx: lvl 60 High Elf Necromancer/Chloro
    RIFT 3.0 incoming soon... get ready for some surprises!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thitizen View Post
    Helicopters? Tesla Coils? Skrillex?

I am waiting for ArcheAge, Black Desert Online, Shroud of the Avatar, EQ Next & Camelot Unchained. I am not looking to blow my wad on WoD.
    Last edited by Baramos; 05-11-2014 at 12:46 PM.

Shield of Telara WriteThemWrong's Avatar

The last thing I want to see is a mass desertion of Rift once WoD releases.
    MMO players are like drunk late night clubbers; they wander from one bright loud place to another based on which ever one they think is the brightest or loudest then they complain that it isn't bright or loud enough till they eventually go to all of them and leave behind some of their vomit in a dark corner and after waking from their stupor hungover they tell themselves they'll never do it again...but they will.

With that said, I don't think I'll be leaving Rift for WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by WriteThemWrong View Post
    MMO players are like drunk late night clubbers; they wander from one bright loud place to another based on which ever one they think is the brightest or loudest then they complain that it isn't bright or loud enough till they eventually go to all of them
    We wouldn't have to do that if a majority of the "clubs" weren't lame. Back in the golden era of MMOs this wasn't an issue like it is today.

Shield of Telara WriteThemWrong's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Baramos View Post
    We wouldn't have to do that if a majority of the "clubs" weren't lame. Back in the golden era of MMOs this wasn't an issue like it is today.
    I think these are what you're looking for.

I will be playing WoD, got it on G2A about a month ago for 23EUR so I might as well, tried all the other Xpacs for WoW might as well try this.

I'm not expecting anything great from it but leaving Rift, well Rift isn't even my number 1 MMO anymore-And with WildStar, ArcheAge, etc I would say Rift may be on the shelft for a while longer I'm afraid.

edit: posted in wrong topic!
    Last edited by Laeris; 05-11-2014 at 07:03 PM.

Ascendant

Rift is basically a slightly tweaked WoW. You'll have people who swear it's completely different but it's not. For former WoW players it's very easy to get into Rift. Rift was marketed as 'WoW 2.0' at launch by Trion themselves!

I'll say this to people wanting to try Rift I'll say the opposite you: give WoW a try. The major difference with WoW is that you get three hardwired specs in one class rather then 9 or is it 10 specs and the possibility of hybrids with Rift. Blizzard decided to go with many classes with a few specs than many specs few classes. If you like to level alts then maybe you'll like WoW.

Since Rift is a free to play game you don't need to pay a sub, yes really, you don't, patrons, you could give WoW a try and still play Rift! The sub for WoW is probably less than what you'd spend on the cash shop in Rift. there is a trial that lets you level to 20 but as I also say to people in Rift don't judged a game in the fist few levels, level up. There was a sale on the battle chest and that gives all expansions for a low price and the current one is peanuts now too.

Quote Originally Posted by RazorBurn View Post
    Also what I see and love to read when I am playing a new expansion or game is in general chat is if im playing WoW, I see people bashing Rift and how bad it is, If im playing Rift, I see people saying how Bad WoW is, and almost seems like everyone even the bad rift players claim to be some hardcore vanilla WoW raiders, More stuff I like to read while im questing and wasting time, If im playing Swotr for thoese few days it was how bad Rift and WoW is,
    I can't comment on the NA forums but in the EU forums Rift close-to-never gets a mention. The only time Rift ever gets a mention is in passing when people comment on games they've played. WoW players tend to do less bashing than players of other games do to WoW. I'll freely admit I stand up for WoW in these forums and I would do the same of Rift under certain circumstances if I feel something is utter bullpoo as most of these WoW posts are.

Quote Originally Posted by ilex011 View Post
    God no. Not ever returning to that hot mess. No.
    What is exactly a hot mess? This is possibly one of these posts. A drive by insult with no reasoning.

There is myriad of things that Blizzard do that piss me off, the biggest of all is this no flying bullpoo. I played WoW since October 2008 and took a sizable 5 month break not long after MoP release. Guess what I filled in that time playing Rift! At the time I was raiding with people I have played regularly with since about 2009 on and off. I speed levelled a Brewmaster Monk - best tank I've played in MMO, even to date - and took me a real week and was raid geared by the time raids were unlocked. There was nothing wrong with the raids, infact the tanking was even more fun since they added new mechanics to the fights. I don't know if it was because of my speed levelling but I just felt burned out. I was really only logged in because I didn't want to let down the people I raided with. We came to the last boss of Mogushan Vaults called Will of the Emperor and it had a slashing attack but it would swing it's 'sword' and a flashing graphic showed where the attack would land and I don't know but for some reason I just couldn't see it clearly and would get hit. This placed a debuff that meant you took extra damage. So I would get hit often and well would cause the wipe. It might not come as a surprise to some but I've got a bit of a short fuse so guildies try to 'help' made me a bit pissed off. One particular guildies said something so I dcd from vent, left the guild and I didn't log back in for 5 months. I regret not going back but hey, I think I used it as an excuse to quit for a while - and play Rift. So that's my story and basis for my opinion.

While though I left WoW I still don't think it's a bad game - its not. It's as good as it ever was. People go lolpandas but they spent an amazing amount of time creating brand new lore and it's as detailed and thorough as ever. Are pandas as crazy as space goats and cow/bull people. No. Just lately Activision-Blizzard gave their quarterly investor call and they still have 7.6 million active subscribers. Now this is a ten year old game and they haven't had a content patch since late last year. WoW is the most successful MMORPG and there will likely never be one [western] so successful. Why was it so successful I don't know and nor do the other internet 'experts'. What I do know is that WoW caters to a broad range of people to infrequent loggers to hardcore raiders. People laugh at WoW's raiding but what they deceptively comment on is it's LFR mode, something that I don't call myself raiding, but what you should compare it to is the heroic, and soon called Mythic mode. There's a big buzz when new content comes out and there is a proper world first progression race by lots of guilds not just one or two.

Well that's much longer than I intended so I'll leave it here.

TL;DR: if you've not played WoW give it a go. it's easy to get into since they close to give away the expansions now.

Ascendant

well said Caitie
    Quote Originally Posted by Frailaq View Post

tl;dr - Trion should do this: Melee = Turret Ranged > Mobile Ranged

I'm not gonna check it out mainly because I was a lore purist. I really liked the lore in warcraft 3 and so on but the changes that kept getting jammed in as the expansions came out in WoW just seemed too jarring for me.

For some reason after I played Dragon Age Origins, I just wasn't satisfied with the art style in WoW as well. Not that it is bad, just wasn't my style any more. Same reason why Wild Star is not appealing to me I guess; although I would like to like it but I suppose I'm more into darker tones these days.

Quote Originally Posted by WriteThemWrong View Post
    I think these are what you're looking for.
    Not at all, thank you though.
    Last edited by Baramos; 05-12-2014 at 06:18 AM.

Rift all the way, the pvp better, due to I don't have to bleed out trying to beat op class in arean to get gear to match up with them.

And there new xpack be more push on raiding, then players like me, don't raid, but enjoy doing something.

I played WoW since 2007. I quit just after Cata and came here to Rift. I returned to WoW last November, bought MoP and levelled to 90 I can say I am looking forward to WoD expansion. I am particularly looking forward to seeing how they do the pvp zone as the other MMO I play is GW2.

i won't be quitting Rift for it since I already did that the same time I returned to WoW last year.
    Rikalus. Retired lvl 60 P76 Noob Mage. Bloodiron *Blue Team*
    Per Incendia Ego Perussi

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast