+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Anyone Else Playing ESO?

Default Anyone Else Playing ESO?

I like it so far, anyone else have their opinions to share?

I bought it but haven't touched it in a couple of weeks. It sounded great on paper and in theory, but the execution was off. I was excited when I first heard about an ESO MMORPG that had RvR combat that included some old Daoc devs but when I actually played it, my expectations were not met.

Soulwalker

Bought the game 3 weeks ago and labeled to 40. I realized the game wasnt getting any bette. Very linear map style world with a terrible grouping system. Boring loot and steep penalties for changing class point placement.

Maybe it will get better with patches but I couldn't get over how boring the world is setup. I need a free world to roam around in.

Soulwalker

No auction house, terrible UI for guild store, only able to use 6 abilities at a time, gear deteriorates too quickly, high cost to repair items. These were some other reasons I stopped my subscription.

The game play was fun and I liked the character models and graphics. But I need a game with a MMO feel and eso just didn't have it. Feel like I was playing a single player console game with a bunch of other people playing the same game next to me never really communicating.

Telaran

I played in several of the betas leading up to launch. Was relatively unimpressed. Not that it was bad... it wasn't. But it also wasn't particularly good. Comparing it to all of the other MMO options out there right now, it does some things better and some things worse. It is basically average.

Which would be fine, if it was a f2p title. But when you are only average compared to other MMO's, and most of those other MMO's are f2p, while you are charging $60-80 up front for the game itself and then on top of that ~ $15 a month for a monthly fee... it's simply not worth it. I might consider paying that much if you were offering a game that simply blew everything else out there out of the water. But ESO, at least in its current form, doesn't do that. Not by a long shot.

My $0.02. As always, YMMV.

Messed around in the beta for a little. Didn't care for it. Too much pain, not enough profit.

It is not an Elder Scrolls game at all. They'd do better if they just named it, "Online."

Ascendant

The story is okay. It's nice having voice acting but it gets annoying when it's the same person all the time. It seems each race has one person to narrate it. All the characters feel the same since they are voiced by the same person with no attempt to at least change their tone etc. I've just been logging in each day to level up my horse! I only intended to play it until Wildstar buy I never even lasted the included month. I never tried PvP but maybe it's good enough to keep the game going, who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Laeris View Post

It is not an Elder Scrolls game at all. They'd do better if they just named it, "Online."
    Agree.

/10char

Soulwalker

More than 70% of the dungeons in the game are just copy paste layouts. That was the last straw for me.

This comic concisely explains my feelings of ESO.
    ~ | Fiskerton | Fiskermage | Fiskerheals | Fiskerbear | ~

I'm a homeless stray of a raider

Playing the ESO betas made me appreciate Skyrim even more. I literally played a few hours of each ESO beta invite I got, ended up bored and loading up Skyrim with a new shiny mod each time. Currently playing with the Requiem overhaul with Frostfall. I was using RN&D but somewhere lies an incompatability and a CTD.

Soulwalker

Even if all the above statements were true. - Still better than Rift.
    Last edited by Ebongrave; 05-06-2014 at 06:06 PM.

Tried the beta and didn't like it. Wanted to just buy and try after it went live but saw Angry Joe's review and changed my mind.

http://youtu.be/Ov3B26h12C4
    Pantz@Hailol
    Asia's best cleric

Plane Walker

lol

eso

thats funny
    Twocents@Deepwood

<Mirage>

I'm the rainbow ninja

Rift Disciple

I played it, levelled to 50. And then deleted it.

I simply could not get past the combat system. Maybe it's me but I prefer my combat a bit more fast paced. It was nails-on-a-chalkboard bad after a while. I didn't even bother with the PvP. If ESO PvE made me disappointed, PvP would likely make me seethe.

Then there's the grind. To me it was worse than the combat. I guess there's veteran ranks. Once I hit 50, I got so tired of the grind to end-game that to hear there's V 1-10, I said forget it--no more.

The crafting system's a giant pain in the ***. I absolutely hated it. The interfaces for it were cumbersome.

The storyline was nice but the voiceovers were rather bland.

Also, I got tired of a game steeped in lore and storytelling being infested by PhredDaKillah spamming, "15k for vamp bite! Common *****es i ned vammp bite!one1!!!" Maybe I'm getting old but that has worn me out.

Bugs began as an occasional nuisance that grew to heated frustration once I got close to 50. More and more quests were unfinishable. (Guess open beta didn't extend to higher levels, eh?)

Then there's the things in MMOs I have come to expect over the years. No minimap. No scrolling combat text. No nameplates--a huge aggravation, that one. None of that here.

It's a beautiful game. I really liked the treasure maps and lockpicking. I love exploring in an MMO and they did a great job on this. Exploring alone made me try to stick it out with this game. And Trion could learn a thing or two from these guys about eliminating lag. I experienced almost no lag at all. An occasional lag spike was it. There could be 200+ people on the screen and no lag. That was nice to experience. The game itself...meh. Could simply not justify paying a monthly fee for it. It was a big disappointment for me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast