+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Quick question from a newbie

Default Quick question from a newbie

Hi, Im thinking about starting playing this game =]
    Wanted to ask, if this is an action mmo like dragons prophet or more of a trinity, crpg like wow or swtor. Where tanks are actualy tanks and dps is a dps, since I kind of dislike all these new neverwinters, dragons prophets and other stuff like that.
    Second question what are the real currancy expenses during the end game, I mean would I be able to raid with no problem if Ill be spending not more than 12-15 euro monthly, without the need for grinding 5h every day?

Cheers

To answer your first question, it's more like WoW/ToR than it is like TERA or GW2. However, Rift adds a fourth role that it refers to as "Support". The purpose of the support role is raid-wide buffing as well as enemy debuffing. In most cases it involves some light AoE healing as well. Supports deal damage when they're not doing other things, but their damage is considerably less than that of a pure DPS.

To answer your second question, there's really no need to spend any money at all. There's some real nice-to-haves such as extra souls (think of these as the old talent trees from WoW, but you can choose which three you have at a time) and additional bag slots, but the store is primarily for convenience. There is powerful (but not the best) gear available on the shop, but high end cash shop gear has an extremely high price for something that you could get by actually raiding. Another nice to have are rune unsocketers (Runes are like enchants from WoW) that allow you to not have to buy a new rune every time you upgrade your gear. You can instead simply unsocket your rune and re-use it.

I hope that answers your questions decently enough.
    Rahka@Wolfsbane

Yup it does, thx Crithappens

+ Reply to Thread