+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Why WoW is "bad" for me

Soulwalker

Default Why WoW is "bad" for me

Before playing Rift, I played WoW. But in recent times I've become frequently disheartened with the game (WoW, not Rift). My reasons range from boredom to rage;

1) Gearing Obsession: I've been somewhat obsessed for a while now about having to get THE best gear I can possibly acquire, or I will be inadequate. Yet even when achieving this goal, as I have on two characters (a Hunter and Paladin tank), I became bored, waiting (until now) for Warlords of Draenor to come out.

2) LFR/Flex Toxicity: Mostly LFR oriented, but Flex can have it too. Long queue times, incompetent players, "trolls", and proven strategies that are not obeyed. The biggest reason for my lack of liking the game. If a proven-to-work strategy is not obeyed, then the entire group can wipe. People go mad if this happens, and I admit to being one of them. But I don't like feeling that way so I've tried to not look at the Instance/Raid chat windows. Even so, wiping for stupid reasons still happens. The community in LFR and sometimes even Flex is horribly toxic.

3) Nothing for the sub: The subscription fee in Rift gives you usable and welcome perks. The one in WoW just allows you to play the game, and that is it. A friend of mine agrees that Rift's sub is better value. This is a minor thing I have against WoW, but it is still significant.

4) Dependence on bot: There is a bot that can perfectly automate your rotations, far more than I believe a human can. I've used it for sometime now, and it has been exceptionally helpful with my paladin tank. However it is not 64-bit compatible, and it always has downtime to adjust to new code whenever WoW patches or releases an expansion.

So there you have it. After 4 years, I believe playing WoW any longer may not be in my best interest. I've put loads of money into it in the past, and yet I've still never been happy with it. With my CC debt almost at an end, I'm thinking my time with WoW should end too.

Comments/opinions are welcome.

Okay... since this is Rift... ah... yep. Good for you.

Most of us former WoW players, "Fuiltua of Draenor", left when Rift started.

But, now, how do you find yourself in Rift? Is it good for you?
    Let Elrar know you care @

https://twitter.com/GiantApproved

Presuming you are going f2p and won't buy gear of the Cash shop:

Gearing is pretty much the same, if RNG is not your friend you can find yourself grinding for months.

LFG/R while there is no que for raids, 99% of raids (pugs) will require you to already have an achievement of somekind from that raid, be it Rapid Assault(<1h) or 4/4 etc...

Patron/subbing in Rift is useful only while leveling/grinding rep.

Rift is very similar to WoW even tho lots of ppl will try to convince you otherwise...

Regards

Play both, no beef with wow, provides me with things rift cant and vice versa.
    Chrish @ Wolfsbane

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Ynrapbag View Post
    Okay... since this is Rift... ah... yep. Good for you.

Most of us former WoW players, "Fuiltua of Draenor", left when Rift started.

But, now, how do you find yourself in Rift? Is it good for you?
    So far I'm liking it.

@ VolitheBear: RNG was rarely my friend on WoW (back in 5.0 to 5.1, one item I was after never dropped despite weeks of running that particular raid and countless bonus rolls).

Rift could be different though, we'll see. As tempting as buying raid-gear from the shop would be, I'd like to avoid it if at all possible.

Quote Originally Posted by ShasVa View Post
    So far I'm liking it.

@ VolitheBear: RNG was rarely my friend on WoW (back in 5.0 to 5.1, one item I was after never dropped despite weeks of running that particular raid and countless bonus rolls).

Rift could be different though, we'll see. As tempting as buying raid-gear from the shop would be, I'd like to avoid it if at all possible.
    Raid gear is very pricey in shop, especially top tier AND, 3.0 coming... wouldn't want to spend RL cash for something to be outdated.
    Let Elrar know you care @

https://twitter.com/GiantApproved

As long you don't rush your self, there many things other then pushing for raiding, in rift. pvp, zone event, quest line pretty cool to do some of them lol,

Don't get put any cash on gear or lockbox in the rift store, but small items like outfit or mounts are ok just don't over do it.

But, just enjoy your self with in the game, is all about fun.

Soulwalker

I'm not rushing my Dwarf Ranger. He is only Level 14 currently. I got that green-tier loyalty mount (the +110% steed), so that'll do me until level 60. As far as gear goes I'm actually pretty right with quest-rewards - haven't bought a single piece from the cash shop.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...eisya/advanced <- This is my Hunter toon on WoW. She is quite powerful, as you can see. She is also an example of that boredom feeling I got.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ierys/advanced <- This is my Warlock toon on WoW. She isn't up to the standard of the Hunter. She is an example of the gear obsession; the Warlock does not yet have the 4-piece bonus, which is a boost for her Destruction spec.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...imyra/advanced <- Lastly is my tanky Death Knight. It was my recent attempt at trying out another tank, but that got old so fast. Boosting her to 90 was a waste of money, because it wasn't long after that I said "**** this!" and quit.

Ascendant

I'm not rushing my Dwarf Ranger. He is only Level 14 currently. I got that green-tier loyalty mount (the +110% steed), so that'll do me until level 60. As far as gear goes I'm actually pretty right with quest-rewards - haven't bought a single piece from the cash shop.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...eisya/advanced <- This is my Hunter toon on WoW. She is quite powerful, as you can see. She is also an example of that boredom feeling I got.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ierys/advanced <- This is my Warlock toon on WoW. She isn't up to the standard of the Hunter. She is an example of the gear obsession; the Warlock does not yet have the 4-piece bonus, which is a boost for her Destruction spec.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...imyra/advanced <- Lastly is my tanky Death Knight. It was my recent attempt at trying out another tank, but that got old so fast. Boosting her to 90 was a waste of money, because it wasn't long after that I said "**** this!" and quit.
    You're not going to fair well with Rift if looking at your history with your hunter is anything to go by. You haven't even had a proper attempt at normal. One kill of Sha but my bet is that was in a 'before reset pug' where anyone will be taken.

I doubt you'll make raiding in Rift. We did warn you not to spend much money until you levelled. It seems I was right since you changed from mage to rogue.

Soulwalker

You're not going to fair well with Rift if looking at your history with your hunter is anything to go by. You haven't even had a proper attempt at normal. One kill of Sha but my bet is that was in a 'before reset pug' where anyone will be taken.

I cannot recall that particular Sha of Pride fight. All I know is that I was after the chest token it drops. As you can see, it didn't, because I still have its LFR counterpart.

I doubt you'll make raiding in Rift. We did warn you not to spend much money until you levelled. It seems I was right since you changed from mage to rogue.

Fortunately I have not spent anything on Rift since recently starting to play it again. Probably a good thing though.

Ascendant

Fortunately I have not spent anything on Rift since recently starting to play it again. Probably a good thing though.
    Ah, a returning player. The only useful stuff is in the green tier. Once you have the mount there's no loyalty rewards I think are really needed.

Oh, snap! We're linking armories? Time to whip out my epeen: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rinsc/advanced
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

Shadowlander

lol, if you needed a bot to tank in WoW.../failsauce.

1. there's a lot more grinding to get gear in Rift unless you use real money. you're gonna be a sad monkey.

2. nerdrager in LFR, /check. nerdrager in Rift LFG, /likely. nerdrager in pug T1's, /very likely. nerdrager when T2 guilds pass on the skills of previous WoW tank botter, /definitely.

hey, at least you won't be wasting $15 a month to learn you'll probably be just as unhappy in Rift as you are in WoW.

Rift Chaser

Wow was good but now its old and outdated, my guild left Rift and went to Wildstar. I will join them if it goes f2p and AA is years away from being published.

Rift Chaser

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast