+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Reccomend a news site?

Rift Disciple

Default Reccomend a news site?

While surfing at work I spend alot of time checking News sites, because .... something might have happened in the world since I checked 5 min ago, lol.

Anyway, I usually bop around between Yahoo, MSN, CNN and Google News. I like the first three but lately they have alot of content which is getting flagged by the filters here at work. Ads labled as phishing scams, other content being flagged because there are Facebook or twitter links, etc. Not looking to get around these blocks, but I'd like to know if there is a news feed which has less ads and social media links, and more news content.

Google news works ok for this, but its not really packaged "pretty" like Yahoo etc.

Suggestions welcome.

Soulwalker

Russia Today, it's nice for a different take on everything going on in the world but it's heavily biased towards Russia being state funded, however it's no different to Western biased media so good for a different perspective

RT.com

Quote Originally Posted by Kibblehouse View Post
    While surfing at work I spend alot of time checking News sites, because .... something might have happened in the world since I checked 5 min ago, lol.

Anyway, I usually bop around between Yahoo, MSN, CNN and Google News. I like the first three but lately they have alot of content which is getting flagged by the filters here at work. Ads labled as phishing scams, other content being flagged because there are Facebook or twitter links, etc. Not looking to get around these blocks, but I'd like to know if there is a news feed which has less ads and social media links, and more news content.

Google news works ok for this, but its not really packaged "pretty" like Yahoo etc.

Suggestions welcome.
    If you look at the source citations on Google and Yahoo News, they get their info from MSN, CNN, the AP and the NYT mostly... so you linked pretty much all the same news sources which is why they're all getting blocked. My company blocks MSNBC.com due to it being labeled as a spam/phishing site but I get on FoxNews just fine.
    Last edited by Laeris; 04-16-2014 at 12:34 PM.

+ Reply to Thread