Closed Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Who will move to Wildstar?

Default Who will move to Wildstar?

Wildstar seems really cool. And i don't think i will have room for two huge MMO's. So it is going to be one or the other. Who thinks Wildstar is going to be the next big hit for MMO's? I watched the devspeak and they claim that the classes are balanced, they didn't make assassins overpowered like Rift does.

Shadowlander

**** is Wildstar

*googles it*

**** Wildstar

Ascendant

I think Wildstar will do well will it be a 'mega hit' I doubt it. I was planning to spend some time playing ESO but I just can't get into it after level 12. I even played Rift! Then I went to PvP and it made me cry.

Has all the features that the majority of MMO players request in other MMO's forums including this one. Will be playing it and I know a lot who will be. All of the videos and streams made by carbine have been very well done and presented.

Will it be the next big thing, who knows but the signs are better than many of the previous "next big things".

they need to improve the leveling and the depth of the combat and skill system for me to give it a serious shot again

One major concern I have about Wildstar is that the developers are pushing 40-man raiding as the endgame, which is just... no. That died out for damn good reasons-- among other things, it's a nightmare to lead and recruit for a group of that size, and things become so chaotic that it stops being a social/cooperative experience, and devolves into herding cats.

I strongly suspect that the people in charge of that decision at Carbine have never had to lead a raiding guild.

(They also, at one point, mentioned that there would be a quest that involved an 80-man raid, which is HELL NO.)

I'm very excited about Wildstar because of its skill and combat system. I'll probably see how its first few weeks goes then decide whether or not it's worth it to jump over.

Yeah, I'm also concerned over the 40-man raids. I remember back in EQ1 50+ people raids were so hectic.
    Last edited by Fiskerton; 04-14-2014 at 04:11 PM.
    ~ | Fiskerton | Fiskermage | Fiskerheals | Fiskerbear | ~

I'm a homeless stray of a raider

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser Phoenix View Post
    they need to improve the leveling and the depth of the combat and skill system for me to give it a serious shot again
    Really? The battle and aiming methods look really sweet, it isn't simple tab targeting and just cast spells, gotta put some effort into hitting your enemies lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    One major concern I have about Wildstar is that the developers are pushing 40-man raiding as the endgame, which is just... no. That died out for damn good reasons-- among other things, it's a nightmare to lead and recruit for a group of that size, and things become so chaotic that it stops being a social/cooperative experience, and devolves into herding cats.

I strongly suspect that the people in charge of that decision at Carbine have never had to lead a raiding guild.

(They also, at one point, mentioned that there would be a quest that involved an 80-man raid, which is HELL NO.)
    Rift has that 80 man raid too, the Dendrome Weeky bosses.

Plane Touched

Just to clear it up, its not an 80 man raid. You summon one boss whilst fighting another in the 40 man raid, so it has the difficulty of an 80 man raid, but its still just 40 of you fighting.

Anyone spare a beta key pls?

oh and don't forget that latency issue it creates as well

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Furyon13 View Post
    Anyone spare a beta key pls?
    Check their twitter feed. they announce what companies... ehm 'partners' are giving away keys there. You can also guarantee a entry if you pre-order.

edit:

https://twitter.com/WildStar

silly me
    Last edited by Caitie; 04-14-2014 at 09:35 PM.

Ascendant

One major concern I have about Wildstar is that the developers are pushing 40-man raiding as the endgame, which is just... no. That died out for damn good reasons...
    That's going to be telegraph hell with 40 people pointing at a boss. I've played a few matches in PvP and with 20 people it was crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by devilmind View Post
    oh and don't forget that latency issue it creates as well
    That all depends on their servers and client. I have to say the performance has me slightly concerned. The performance is akin to Rift in it's current state. There was a big patch a few days ago so hopefully they've added these promised improvements. If they haven't made these improvements the game will sink badly.

I think it has the most potential of any MMO since Rift, and I think Carbine has significantly more resources behind it. And they're taking advantage of the complete absence of games with compelling PvP content, rather than adding it in as a side-show like Rift, SWTOR, and FFXIV:ARR did. The Warplot thing is particularly ambitious.

Of course, it could go completely belly-up. The 40-man raids are a gamble (one that I hope they have a contingency plan for). I also hate the theme and the visuals. WoW in space. Bleh.

Quote Originally Posted by BouncyHippo View Post
    Really? The battle and aiming methods look really sweet, it isn't simple tab targeting and just cast spells, gotta put some effort into hitting your enemies lol.
    you have a very limiting action set and most of your spells are a variation of "cone of cold" of some sort.

It gets old after around 20 levels.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast