Closed Thread
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Who will move to Wildstar?

RIFT Fan Site Operator

I was in BETA for some time. I enjoyed the Paths additions but the rest was an overload like the hype - animations were not terribly terrific and the vibrant cartoonish art work is not my style for an MMO. The most fun race to play for me was Aurin THAT double jump... I enjoyed spellblade most and hated the hell out of Medic I felt like I was giving people cardiac arrest treatment. I have no interest in 40 man content, it was headache back when people took there time (WoW) let alone now when patience levels are even more erratic gaming wise and to be honest the Rift raiding content is just too amazing to move to game that is so-so in every other regard. With Archeage here now to give me my World PvP and pirate fix I will not be playing Widstar as it has nothing new at the end of the day.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Catthedragon View Post
    **** is Wildstar

*googles it*

**** Wildstar
    ^ This....

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Ephir View Post
    ^ This....
    ^ double dis

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    I was in BETA for some time. I enjoyed the Paths additions but the rest was an overload like the hype - animations were not terribly terrific and the vibrant cartoonish art work is not my style for an MMO. The most fun race to play for me was Aurin THAT double jump... I enjoyed spellblade most and hated the hell out of Medic I felt like I was giving people cardiac arrest treatment. I have no interest in 40 man content, it was headache back when people took there time (WoW) let alone now when patience levels are even more erratic gaming wise and to be honest the Rift raiding content is just too amazing to move to game that is so-so in every other regard. With Archeage here now to give me my World PvP and pirate fix I will not be playing Widstar as it has nothing new at the end of the day.
    I think wildstar is actually taking a newer approach. There is way too many games that uses midevil era weapons and classes. iron swords, bows, the typical mage class, fighting on planet earth. wildstar takes it to the solar system, with unique classes you don't see very common in MMOs. I looked at archage and they still use the old tab targeting system, click on a target and slam the keyboard as hard as you can to win. I would say the PoV and PvP looks better than Rift though. But what I see in archage pvp is that everyone on your team is always next to each other 95% of the time, I assume its because you would die instantaneously if you are alone. Wildstar is just scattered throughout the whole map promoting freedom and fluidity. And Archage looks like a serious storyline, even more serious than Rift. Comedy is always best in MMOs.
    Last edited by BouncyHippo; 04-16-2014 at 07:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    everyone has double jump and i love the animations, chua look so cool

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by shortycool View Post
    I loved the animations it was one of the first things that grabbed me about the game. the animations are so damn good.

I have to disagree with about chua's, unless you mean chua's look so damn cool skinned, cleaned and hanging in my fridgerator
    Quote Originally Posted by Frailaq View Post

tl;dr - Trion should do this: Melee = Turret Ranged > Mobile Ranged

I'm going to give it another shot this weekend if I can. I had access the weekend before last but I was dead tired and didn't play as much as I would have liked to..

I liked it from as much as I played.. think I only got to lvl 7 or 8.
    <Coriolis>
    Archemys

Giving it a pass. Love the ambition of the dev crew. But it looks like a swtor repeat cept with it actually focusing on the good things of PVP and raiding.

#retiredBear #teamBBCs #puffForeverMad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7snwWlKff8k

this is their panel at pax, some really cool info on raiding etc...

I'll try it but this homie don't do 40 man raids anymore. Did enough of that in the past 15 years for a lifetime of vacation.

It may be huge who knows, it could very well be a massive success short term and long term have a giant player base for years.

For me, I was exited for this for a long time and as it kept getting closer to release it just looked worse and worse to me, it looks like it's taken a lot from the MMO's around it and it's not really doing anything new or has anything with a wow factor to me.

Got a CBT key a for the first round but couldn't be bothered so gave it away. Ah well.

Zero interest in wildstar, don't care of the 'look and feel' of it being too cartoon-style and a bit too silly to play as many hours a week as spend on mmos.

I may be a minority in thinking that way, but just my 2 cents.

Gave it another spin over the weekend just to check out the "new" features and improvements.

The UI is only slightly better than the old one, no doubt the first addon to come out will be one to change every aspect of it, something that Rift has built in since the start.

Anyhow, not for me, still the same niggling issues that annoyed me from day one, so a pass for me, but good luck to anyone trying it, just remember, the grass is not always greener over there

New UI : http://i.imgur.com/9Hu2tol.jpg
    Last edited by Slipmat; 04-21-2014 at 08:58 PM.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by shortycool View Post
    This s true but Aurin look coolest doing it, maybe it's the ears?

I am going to RP a Chua on a mighty quest for pickles and hair dye.
    Last edited by Laeris; 04-21-2014 at 11:00 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast