Closed Thread
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Who will move to Wildstar?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Laeris View Post
    Nice photoshop job. Lemme guess, you cut out the part where you angle the camera straight up on minimal settings.
    so people with better pc must be photoshop...

shows the WS crowd.

oh and i dont mind if u do a 300x200 resulution with minumum resolution if thats what you need to do to get to 300 fps in WS then.

Still waiting for that 300 fps screenshot.
    Last edited by WarUltima; 05-27-2014 at 08:42 PM.

Last edited by Furyon13; 05-27-2014 at 09:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Laeris View Post
    Well, as an "alpha" tester, you would know how it isn't anything like the tera or GW systems. For one, there's a trinity in WS. Tanks, check. DPS, check. Healer! Check. Yes, there's visual telegraphs everywhere (not a huge fan of those myself) but coming from someone who absolutely loathes GW2's class and combat system... I am proud to report that the only thing it has in common with wildstar is the dodge mechanic.

1) Tera gas a trinity as well.
    2) Ws also has a limited action set (which feels even more limited than GW2's)
    3) The biggest difference, regarding the combat system, is that gw2 has auto targetting and ws has pseudo targetting. They dont play vastly different.
    Last edited by Kaiser Phoenix; 05-27-2014 at 10:23 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Jonus View Post
    I'm a little worried about them already having 'Boom Boxes' for Pre-Order players who log in during beta each day and whenever I exit the game they always have that final 'Pre-Order Now!' ad even though I've already pre-ordered.

Wondering if - like Trion using Deeps' Depot as the starting point for their F2P transition, that WildStar are already preparing for F2P with lockboxes, exit-client ads and their REX.
    It bothers me just a little as well, it really shouldn't though.

I think they have been smart in future proofing the game for the possibility of free to play, doesn't mean they plan on going free to play, just means they have planned for all possibilities which is a good thing.

I like the game a lot, the story, the levelling, the races, the classes, the dungeons and adventures. just about everything. I think it is a better game than Rift and I played Rift on and off, mostly on for 3 years. I am really looking forward to release, will play the hell out of it for at least 6 months and consider it entertainment budget well spent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frailaq View Post

tl;dr - Trion should do this: Melee = Turret Ranged > Mobile Ranged

Quote Originally Posted by WarUltima View Post
    so people with better pc must be photoshop...

shows the WS crowd.

oh and i dont mind if u do a 300x200 resulution with minumum resolution if thats what you need to do to get to 300 fps in WS then.

Still waiting for that 300 fps screenshot.
    Better pc? LOL! Your pc isn't getting 100fps in Rift unless you're lowering your settings and staring at the sky while standing out in the middle of nowhere. Has nothing to do with "shows the WS crowd" but has everything to do with you lying.

Still waiting for that 300 fps screenshot? Classic troll does what a troll does, post nonsense. No one claimed to be getting 300 fps in Wildstar, so why ask for a screenshot? The previous poster simply stated that their fps tripled because of a recent patch. You are the one attempting to distort their statement by mixing your fake 100 fps claim in Rift and trying to falsely clam that that player is now getting 300 fps in Wildstar based on your fake 100 fps statement. You're not making any sense.

Your previous posts attempting to describe and generalize Wildstar, could be applied to the MMO genre as a whole. So if nothing is new to you, and you seem just jaded and disappointed in all of these MMO's, it sounds like you are just burned out of MMO's altogether. Maybe take a break for awhile and then come back to the MMO genre. Also, you do realize that Carbine never said they were trying to reinvent the MMO wheel here. If that's what you're looking for (a complete reinvention of the MMO genre) then I think you're going to be disappointed. There is only so many ways you can do questing/combat mechanics and progression in the MMO genre. Each new MMO is going to try and give their slightly different approach to these mechanics and present them in a new environment. But if you are just going to trivialize MMO games down to bare mechanics then I would advise you to move on to a different genre of gaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Riftbuster View Post
    Better pc? LOL! Your pc isn't getting 100fps in Rift unless you're lowering your settings and staring at the sky while standing out in the middle of nowhere. Has nothing to do with "shows the WS crowd" but has everything to do with you lying.

Still waiting for that 300 fps screenshot? Classic troll does what a troll does, post nonsense. No one claimed to be getting 300 fps in Wildstar, so why ask for a screenshot? The previous poster simply stated that their fps tripled because of a recent patch. You are the one attempting to distort their statement by mixing your fake 100 fps claim in Rift and trying to falsely clam that that player is now getting 300 fps in Wildstar based on your fake 100 fps statement. You're not making any sense.

Your previous posts attempting to describe and generalize Wildstar, could be applied to the MMO genre as a whole. So if nothing is new to you, and you seem just jaded and disappointed in all of these MMO's, it sounds like you are just burned out of MMO's altogether. Maybe take a break for awhile and then come back to the MMO genre. Also, you do realize that Carbine never said they were trying to reinvent the MMO wheel here. If that's what you're looking for (a complete reinvention of the MMO genre) then I think you're going to be disappointed. There is only so many ways you can do questing/combat mechanics and progression in the MMO genre. Each new MMO is going to try and give their slightly different approach to these mechanics and present them in a new environment. But if you are just going to trivialize MMO games down to bare mechanics then I would advise you to move on to a different genre of gaming.
    I only said what I did to him to kinda prove a point. I have 2 PCs. One is a brand new Alienware (if you go to their site and get the most expensive Alienware possible... that is exactly what I did. I maxed every option and mashed the buy button). I paid just under 10 grand for it and with a state of the art PC with an OC'd liquid cooled 5Ghz i7 with 32 GB of RAM and 2 780 GTXs... I only get 60-70 fps in low density areas and the standard 30 or lower in high density areas (world events mostly... I haven't done any raids at all on this machine).

Now, my graphics workstation actually outperforms this machine in Rift... mainly because it is a data crunching machine with a high-end server grade CPU in it. Since Rift mainly runs on a single core, that machine works better because it has 16mb of cache available on a single core and is built to handle huge amounts of data processing. It doesn't outperform by much though. In low density areas the FPS is about the same but in high density... it gets like 5-10 fps better than my other machine.

Now, I do know for a fact that both of them will max the FPS for the refresh rate on this 144Hz monitor if I look straight up. That's mainly because it isn't rendering anything other than the sky at that point When actually playing the game... yeah, no more 144 FPS for me.

Now in Wildstar with 1920x1080 res on maxed out settings I get anywhere from 80 to 144 FPS (I never turn VSync off... I play in 3D mode). Usually. In areas where there's lots of grass that drops considerably. Near the end of beta I started turning down my visual range a notch or two and that absolutely solved the FPS issue with the grass animations.

I was also only playing on the old 32-bit client. I am eagerly anticipating Friday's launch to try out the new 64 bit client. Should be a hoot
    Last edited by Laeris; 05-28-2014 at 02:13 PM.

Ascendant

Hi everyone,

We feel that this thread has degenerated into a non-constructive discussion, so we've closed it. Please remember to keep your comments respectful and constructive at all times on our forums, even when you disagree with others.

If anyone has questions or concerns about this thread closure, please feel free to PM a member of the Community Team.

Thank you!

Closed Thread
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15