Closed Thread
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Who will move to Wildstar?

Quote Originally Posted by Soulshield View Post
    I have an i-7-2670QM and a GeForce GT 540M(and 8GB RAM).
    Tested it with RIft on Ultra and Wildstar on Medium. I get around 20-25 fps in a good populated TB and in Wildstar(Medium) I get between 10-20 fps in a forest(some areas spike down to 5fps).
    Something is wrong with your settings if you are getting lower framerates than I am when I have a Phenom II and you have an i7. The only time my framerate drops below 20 is when I tab out during a taxi ride over the capital city. I actually found that I got better framerates on medium than on low -- which is how Rift is for me, as well. Changing the game from Full Screen to Borderless Windowed mode then enabling vsync also helped.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser Phoenix View Post
    I really dislike the zone design and absolutely loathe the questing in Wildstar. It's even worse than Storm Legion's.
    I can't even take this seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaber View Post
    Looking at there pvp, if anything like wow, need to be this rank to even get this gear, I can see there going have long road with blance problem like wow still have, going be the top 2 played class you'll all ways run in to and lose, due to your class type beening weaker then them, rerolling not a option for me all the time for me to keep up arena. I know there ranking battleground it's have it own problem.
    Balance in low level brackets is not reflective of end-game balance. There are some balance issues at the lower end, namely Stalkers and Spellslingers, but some of the other classes, like Warrior and Esper, don't come into their own until they get the high-end AMPs and later skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    I can't even take this seriously.
    I have high standards.

You are free to like mish-mash zones, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    Balance in low level brackets is not reflective of end-game balance. There are some balance issues at the lower end, namely Stalkers and Spellslingers, but some of the other classes, like Warrior and Esper, don't come into their own until they get the high-end AMPs and later skills.
    More talking about there endgame pvp, we still see more they very Very set up how wow pvp ranking is, I have not seen a mmo, even close blance there game.

If they can even pull it off to blance there game, good for them, but they can't blance it will never happen.

But not saying rift pvp is blance, thats far from it, but even if not blance, still give a chance for player not having picked the class is making the top ranks, to have fun and still get the gear to work for, not how they setting it up like need to be this rank to even get to this point.

But new or weaken class, will have hell hard time for me I find that less fun. That why, I been telling friends, coming from other mmo to rift, they don't have to sweet blood out to get the pvp gear, that I am at with my gear, just do the dailys, even if there spec or there skill base it's not the best in the game, they still can do it. with out a wall of OP ness.
    Last edited by Zaber; 05-12-2014 at 09:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Laeris View Post
    Ya know... when I see someone complaining about engine optimization then they say, paraphrasing, "...I play on very low settings." I am hit with an epiphany.

It's the same argument someone uses when they go to the 1/4 mile racetrack I go to. They don't do bracket racing here. It's a "run what ya brung" in a winner takes all series divided across several categories.

When my 700hp 2014 Mustang gets paired opposite a 275 hp Scion FR-S (I feel sorry for him... I have raced him two weeks in a row now), at the end of the race the guy complains... and I quote, "OMG man, you and your rich car!"

To which I reply, "Quit bringing a 275hp car with a motorcyle engine in it to a QUARTER MILE DRAG RACE."

Yep, same argument applies here. Except the engine optimization I think needs to occur under his PC's case.

**For the record, I race in a Pro Stock category. Has to have stock body, no nitro or alcohol fuel. Basically street-legal cars with mufflers and street slicks (engine mods are fine so long as the car is streetable). My 2014 GT500 is mostly stock sans improved throttle body, full undercarriage swaybar/suspension/cross member upgrade, rear end gear swap and full exhaust makeover).

/car rant off
    That car is Pay2Win

Wildstar is proving to be a fun game in beta with just a few annoyances involving quest chains. However, seeing as how you both have to buy the game and keep paying every month to play (even the virtual currency being usable for that is a bit annoying to me) is a big downside to me. I might buy the game and play for a while but it is unlikely that I will keep up my subscription. I'd not be picking between it and Rift, but moving between the two. I'm sure it will go free to play with a few features unlockable though payment, like Rift, eventually. Or as least just require you to buy the game and offer a cash shop like Guild Wars 2.
    ~*~Enzeru/Enzi@Deepwood~*~

Quote Originally Posted by Jinrai View Post
    That car is Pay2Win
    It's also a lot harder to drive than a Scion FR-S...

Granted, having 400 more HP leaves a lot of room for error. *snicker*

lgw

Deffo starting Wildstar. The first MMO in years to show potential for PVP, after GW2 sadly crashed.
    Wildstar raiding? IDC...

Lots of hate based drivel in this thread. If anyone has genuine questions, I'm happy to try answering them...
    Otherwise I suggested you ignore the sh**ing done by many people here and just play the open beta to 20+ yourself. It's a pretty sweet run for an afternoon or two, and thanks to open beta free as well.
    ... aka schoklat. PVP nerd - gaming vet.
    First of slackers, herder of trolls.
    Wildstar PVP inc

Quote Originally Posted by lgw View Post
    Deffo starting Wildstar. The first MMO in years to show potential for PVP, after GW2 sadly crashed.
    Wildstar raiding? IDC...

Lots of hate based drivel in this thread. If anyone has genuine questions, I'm happy to try answering them...
    Otherwise I suggested you ignore the sh**ing done by many people here and just play the open beta to 20+ yourself. It's a pretty sweet run for an afternoon or two, and thanks to open beta free as well.
    Really like Wildstar too. First game since Rift where I felt so excited and liked instantly while playing the first time.

I was apprehensive about liking it when I saw the graphics long ago but the gameplay won me over despite the graphics. Looks like I won't be using my money to buy the new Rift souls. I'll spend it on Wildstar instead.

Wildstar does have it's bugs and feels clunky at some parts but the Devs have given notice about them and assured that they were working on those things.
    Pantz@Hailol
    Asia's best cleric

Quote Originally Posted by Laeris View Post
    It's also a lot harder to drive than a Scion FR-S...

Granted, having 400 more HP leaves a lot of room for error. *snicker*
    It'd be interesting if they could develop a system that worked likewise in an MMO where there would be gear that is clearly more powerful but requires caution and skill to properly use it.

Sort of like a relic wand that if you don't know how to use it blows up in your face destroying half your gear.

wildstar, live steam and Qa right now http://www.twitch.tv/wildstar

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by AceinHole View Post
    On the PvE side, WS will be releasing with 2 raids (20 or 40 man, your choice). I have heard some streamers say that the raids are extremely hard and that they don't think anyone will clear the 40 man raids for months. I have heard other beta testers say that they think some guilds will clear them in a week. I don't know what the truth is, and don't really care. But I do think the raiding will be good in WS, and will probably attract a lot of guilds. The question then becomes how quickly can Carbine release new raids? That will be what makes or breaks the game from a financial standpoint. If they don't release raids fast enough (to satisfy the voracious appetite of raiders), they will likely end up like Rift and be F2P.
    Rift raiding didn't fail as such because there wasn't enough content it failed most players because when it launched it was VERY hardcore. I used to raid with a guy who went to Rift at launch to raid. He was in one of the world top guilds and said it was too hardcore for him. He's back playing WoW. Rift has always had an accessibility problem with raids.

Even now SL T2, with T3 out, still hasn't been fully cleared by a significant proportion on the raiding player base. For a large amount T1 is still progression. There's been several threads about raid accessibility and Trion need to find a way to accommodate a larger number of players when a tier is still relevant. In a free to play game you need to listen to your customers more often since keeping them is much harder then if they are tethered with a sub. It doesn't make sense devoting so many resources to an activity that few will partake in.

On the PvP side, the game is really fun, but this is where most of the the cons are:

1) There are broken and OP classes.
    That's a minor issue really as that falls into balance. Carbine just need to do a numbers pass. My main issue is the abysmal performance of the client. They said it's in the works but I remember Trion saying something similar and well we know how that went.

That said, even if you are strictly a PvP player, it is 1000x better than Rift's PvP, even in its broken state.
    I would not say it's pvp 1000x better then rift pvp, you have to look at it this way, if I play a class, if that class in wildstar sucks at pvp, then I going have to level 2nd class just to keep up with the pvp blance and arean to get gear that keep you at there level even if you came late to the game, just like wow need this rating to even use this. People know from wow, how much is a pain to get to 1800 rating when keep running in to the pre made op teams.

In rift if one the soul been under power I don't have to reroll, I can learn how to use the next soul over in pvp, with out leveling again, to be good at pvp still not keep rerolling.

But for me, I enjoy pvp in rift there alot out in rift agree as well, that we can enjoy pvp with out dealing with some silly rank wall.

We will see in 6 months how it keeps up, it not like a eso, how many people said how great that game is.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Zaber View Post
    I would not say it's pvp 1000x better then rift pvp, you have to look at it this way, if I play a class, if that class in wildstar sucks at pvp, then I going have to level 2nd class just to keep up with the pvp blance and arean to get gear that keep you at there level even if you came late to the game, just like wow need this rating to even use this. People know from wow, how much is a pain to get to 1800 rating when keep running in to the pre made op teams.

In rift if one the soul been under power I don't have to reroll, I can learn how to use the next soul over in pvp, with out leveling again, to be good at pvp still not keep rerolling.

But for me, I enjoy pvp in rift there alot out in rift agree as well, that we can enjoy pvp with out dealing with some silly rank wall.

We will see in 6 months how it keeps up, it not like a eso, how many people said how great that game is.
    I logged in yesterday to give PvP a go as a healing esper. I noticed the telegraphs are just too long for PvP. You move out of them and then with the twitch of your opponents mouse you're back in them. If you want meaningful PvP damage then you need to shorted then by a bit. This makes ranged far superior to melée. As usual the stalker is OP, stealth and burst. There's far too much CC and it needs proper DR/immunity if it's to become skilful and not stunlock-dead.

I gave it a blast to see what all the fuss is about and cant see why tbh:/

It looks ok at best, the ui has eye watering text that doesnt work with the on screen display & that alone made it painful. I may have cut its life a little short at that but when taking into consideration its a monthly sub then it has to be right in nearly every way, which this clearly is not.

Oh well a pass from me but for those who do like it then enjoy!

I'm a little worried about them already having 'Boom Boxes' for Pre-Order players who log in during beta each day and whenever I exit the game they always have that final 'Pre-Order Now!' ad even though I've already pre-ordered.

Wondering if - like Trion using Deeps' Depot as the starting point for their F2P transition, that WildStar are already preparing for F2P with lockboxes, exit-client ads and their REX.

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast