+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Niaros

Thread: Dragon Age Inquisition

Default Dragon Age Inquisition

Who else is excited about the new Bioware title? I for one can't wait to get my hands on this game. I've always loved their games, starting with Neverwinter Nights. I've played every single NWN I and II game and all the various DLCs and all of the DA titles.

The only thing that always irritated me, was that we can't really explore the world. However, each game had such a great storyline and unforgettable characters. Plus, I just loved the way Bioware handles the interaction and the relationships between all the companions, as well as the player, so I overlooked the fact that I had to transition via a loading screen to other parts of the map.

DA 2 was a bit of a let down, because the devs had grown lazy and used the SAME dungeon over and over and over, just blocking off different parts each time. Bioware heard us though and Inquisition will be a totally different game, totally new experience! You can actually explore large parts of the world! And what I have seen of the world so far, it looks amazing!

Fall can't come soon enough!
    Last edited by Agrona77; 04-08-2014 at 04:20 AM.

I was one of the unlucky ones who tried DA2 before DA & it just destroyed my faith in them completely. I didnt get carried away with the whole DA thing so missed it and picked up DA2 in a 2 for 10 deal a cple of years back.

Ive got to say it was one of the most lacklustre, boring rpgs Ive ever had the misfortune to play, monotone voice acting for the main character led me to bleed tears at every cinematic moment.. alas.

However I was swayed by a sale on DA Ultimate at xmas time & despite only putting a few hours into it, those that I have were far better than anything I played in DA2, a totally different experience. Unfortunately it being a few years later it didnt grab me in the way that Im sure it wouldve done at release. Never a fan of NWN's either, yes heresy I know but being a AD&D 2nd edition player the new 3rd edtn just didnt sit right with me so again not for me.

Im not going to jump all over the 'Baldurs Gate' thing, brilliant in its day & awesome with those rose tinted spectacles but nothing to shout about now by any means.

As much as I hope for something amazing from Bioware im just not sure of their credentials anymore but fingers crossed none the less.

@BaronvonBoom I was one of the people who actaully liked DA2's Story (the only good thing about it) The voice acting was meh, The gameplay was useable (but Origins was better) and the rest was Lazily done BUT it was still a good setup for Inquisition (which I am so excited that I might do something crazy like Preorder it) Unfortunately I hope they delay it till next year! remember a game that is given extra time is ALWAYS! better then a game that was rushed to deadline (Dragon age 2 comes to mind)

Quote Originally Posted by Niaros View Post
    @BaronvonBoom I was one of the people who actaully liked DA2's Story (the only good thing about it) The voice acting was meh, The gameplay was useable (but Origins was better) and the rest was Lazily done BUT it was still a good setup for Inquisition (which I am so excited that I might do something crazy like Preorder it) Unfortunately I hope they delay it till next year! remember a game that is given extra time is ALWAYS! better then a game that was rushed to deadline (Dragon age 2 comes to mind)
    Different strokes for different folks is all

In complete agreement about Inquisitions release & any game for that matter, If they need extra time to iron out bugs etc then its best to take it

i am so hyped for Inquisition.

I nearly finished Origins and will then have to complete the addon (awakening) and the sequel, which i hope to complete before inquisition launches.

I also have to complete the witcher II this year because the sequel will also come out next year.

http://i.imgur.com/wBKzuYP.jpg

I've got no faith in EA (BioWare is long dead). SWTOR, ME3, DA2... letdown after letdown after letdown.

Then again, this is EA and not BioWare. They sell hype and ship sh*t. That's the industry insider tag line for you.

+ Reply to Thread