+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 28
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Landmark Beta

  1. #1
    RIFT Fan Site Operator Kitasia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,133

    Default Landmark Beta

    So any threads on EQ are closed. I did look before starting his one. I am starting the Landmark beta tonight and I am very excited. Cant wait to see what it will be like.

    Is any one else trying or have tried Landmark? What did you think of it and how do you like building in it.
    Last edited by Kitasia; 03-27-2014 at 10:25 PM.

  2. #2
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    4,433

    Default

    I've not got in beta or bought one of the founders packs but it looks interesting. It looks like the MMO for people who don't like MMOs. A crafter's paradise.

    I seen a little bit of it on Massively's stream. Seems that it doesn't like NVidia's new drivers. That reminds me... time to downgrade mine too.

    http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/03...ning-of-eq-ne/

  3. #3
    Ascendant Baramos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,595

    Default

    While it isn't my type of game, I did have fun playing the Alpha and even more fun going around and checking out to see what other people made. For those who love dimensions here, you will absolutely love claims there as well.
    MMO VAULT (Video Game Music) ➜ https://www.youtube.com/c/VideoGameMusicSoundtrack

  4. #4
    RIFT Fan Site Operator Nouvae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,680

    Default

    I've seen several videos and I can't decide if I like this new game or not, the visuals are just OK from what I see in the videos, but that could be just because its video footage. I also did not like how all the claims were really close to each other, is that because of Alpha for testing or will they be like that when the game is live?

    I am curious to know what you think of it Kitasia.
    Last edited by Nouvae; 03-28-2014 at 06:47 AM.

  5. #5
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    14

    Default

    hey kit i know that radish has been playing landmark and loving it.she has a write up on her blog page.

  6. #6
    Plane Touched QIao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    266

    Default

    Spent 4 hours gathering materials for an axe it told me i needed, it didnt work on what i needed

    Also if your looking for palm heart, dont go looking for big trees :P there TINY !
    Forbiden (70) | Demara (70) | Midas (65) | Minatsuki (65)

    Server = Zaviel!

  7. #7
    RIFT Fan Site Operator Kitasia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,133

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ktar12 View Post
    hey kit i know that radish has been playing landmark and loving it.she has a write up on her blog page.
    Yep Radish is here she is why I came and how I got to see it. So I am loving the mining. I was giggleing so loudly that Kylore ended up buying the founders pack. I have seen Feendish here and I hear Jaedor was around for a bit haven't seen them yet. I have had so much fun gathering I haven't built yet . I have seen some awesome things built so far though.

    It is a early beta so it is still being built but so far it is a blast for builders.

  8. #8
    Prophet of Telara MisterWibble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,108

    Default

    Been messing around with Landmark since alpha. I like how they changed things about a bit, funny enough tool progression is less of a chore, and more obvious now. There's not much special in there, other than being able to build really cool thing with them voxels. If you're into building and gathering (and modest crafting), it's a lovely time sink.

    Regarding nVidia, yeah.. it seems to crash my drivers quite frequently. But I'll live

    Doesn't Kiwi play this as well?

  9. #9
    Ascendant Solaxys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,052

    Default

    Landmark isn't EQN btw, to alleviate any confusion.

    EQN is an MMO that is pretty much an MMO as far as MMOs go, bringing back the original EQ to style. The only thing that have yet to be confirmed is instanced raids; but everything else is there that you've grown to love over the many MMO years. Cannot wait for them to announce the release date.

    Landmark is just the system they are using to build environments and will, I assume, be translated to some sort of housing system in the actual game.
    And to that end, it is brilliant. Lots of things to play with and of course a challenge to boot - make the most glorious thing and it'll be adapted to EQN
    Last edited by Solaxys; 03-30-2014 at 07:17 AM.

  10. #10
    Ascendant Laeris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,873

    Default

    If you like dimension engineering in Rift, you'll like it in Landmark. Landmark is basically the same thing with all the restrictions removed. You build where you want, what you want, and how you want. You can design everything from the textures of your blocks to how they're placed. There's much more freedom to be creative in Landmark.

  11. #11
    Ascendant Laeris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,873

    Default

    Also keep in mind that as planned, Landmark is not intended to be a "game" with any longevity. They might keep it around after EQ: Next launches but Landmark is just the alpha/beta testing of the construction and resource gathering mechanics that will be incorporated into EQ: Next.

  12. #12
    Shadowlander LadyJayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    44

    Default

    Its a lot like dimensions. I don't know how much I'll play in the future tho. The last update has rent or upkeep. I agree with that because it is not instanced. Too many people do leave empty property. BUT, it is daily. Not too much now, dig up a few copper. The problem is that if you want to pre-pay so you can go off on vacation or (?) you have 5 days, so we'd need to get back to our computer in 5 days or (re-po) they take your claim. You don't loose the things you made, but you now need to find another spot. For me, that's not going to work. I can't promise I'll never be away from my puter more than 5 days.

    When I was complementing someone on their build, I told them I gave them another thumbs up. She told me the claim feedback resets in 7 days. That's just odd.

    Really there is so much that will change in the game. Some have talked of mobs, PvP. Even things that are in dev notes can change. But they have done a good job getting things fixed and things in game that players ask for.

    It's interesting tho. In rift and wow ( I still play wow) but here I have an attachment to my characters. If not they wouldn't have a ton of mounts and wardrobe. In a game like landmark, it seems more about your creation. I wonder how that will affect players in the long run. Which will we feel more of an attachment to... our avatar or our land/build. To keep people playing, they need to feel some kind of attachment.

    ( I have played sims and made content for the game, so I don't know what that says)

    Quote Originally Posted by Laeris View Post
    If you like dimension engineering in Rift, you'll like it in Landmark. Landmark is basically the same thing with all the restrictions removed. You build where you want, what you want, and how you want. You can design everything from the textures of your blocks to how they're placed. There's much more freedom to be creative in Landmark.

  13. #13
    Prophet of Telara MisterWibble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LadyJayne View Post
    Its a lot like dimensions. I don't know how much I'll play in the future tho. The last update has rent or upkeep. I agree with that because it is not instanced. Too many people do leave empty property. BUT, it is daily. Not too much now, dig up a few copper. The problem is that if you want to pre-pay so you can go off on vacation or (?) you have 5 days, so we'd need to get back to our computer in 5 days or (re-po) they take your claim.
    People will get attached to their location. Imagine the amount of rage when someone is unable to pay their upkeep because of extended offline time. ;)

    My builds are custom for whatever location I'm at. There's no way I can reapply the stenciled stuff. If for some reason I can't go on a trip, I'll be done with Landmark pretty quickly. No game's going to dictate my life.
    Last edited by MisterWibble; 03-31-2014 at 03:35 AM.

  14. #14
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    804

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Laeris View Post
    Also keep in mind that as planned, Landmark is not intended to be a "game" with any longevity. They might keep it around after EQ: Next launches but Landmark is just the alpha/beta testing of the construction and resource gathering mechanics that will be incorporated into EQ: Next.
    Erm no it's not. It's a real game separate to EQN and will be staying.

    From their FAQ:

    What is Landmark?
    Landmark is a Free to Play, next-generation online sandbox game. Build and explore a world unlike anything you've seen before.
    they're even selling founders, settlers and explorers packs, they wouldn't be selling them if it was going to go poof at some stage.
    Last edited by Asharoth; 03-31-2014 at 04:02 AM.

  15. #15
    Shadowlander LadyJayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    44

    Default

    This is exactly what I was thinking. I'm not sure SOE really understands that, Referring to the player loosing "only the spot, and we won't take your goodies".....I think the spot IS important. I won't be penalized for living my life.

    Tell hubby: "Honey I know we planned to take the RV (Or boat or hotel room) for a week, but I have to go home to pay my game rent". Yep, that would go over really well!


    Quote Originally Posted by MisterWibble View Post
    People will get attached to their location. Imagine the amount of rage when someone is unable to pay their upkeep because of extended offline time. ;)

    My builds are custom for whatever location I'm at. There's no way I can reapply the stenciled stuff. If for some reason I can't go on a trip, I'll be done with Landmark pretty quickly. No game's going to dictate my life.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts