Closed Thread

Thread: Whatever happened to that guy...

Champion

Default Whatever happened to that guy...

...who bet $100 that I couldn't find a hard copy of Rift on the shelves at Gamestop or Walmart and than disappeared when I posted a pic of 4 copies sitting on the shelf at Walmart? I remember he came back on an easily recognizable alt and when I caught him and called him out on it he disappeared again.

Those 4 copies are still sitting on the shelf at Walmart, $9.99 each.

Pity that guy ran away without paying up.

Why waste space in the forums with a thread like this? Shame on you for thinking someone who makes a bet over the internet will follow through with it
    A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves. -Lao Tzu

Ascendant

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Redhead View Post
    Why waste space in the forums with a thread like this? Shame on you for thinking someone who makes a bet over the internet will follow through with it
    looks like we found him!

Shadowlander

Seriously when someone states I'll bet you $100, that generally its not a real bet. Its just a way to emphasize that they are sure of something. Not a thing wrong with the guy and don't expect to actually receive $100. Its your fault for taking statements to literally.
    Last edited by soulman; 03-26-2014 at 07:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stonelotus View Post
    looks like we found him!
    Nah sorry good try though, I dont make bets. But youre thread is just as bad as those movie spammers
    A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves. -Lao Tzu

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by soulman View Post
    Seriously when someone states I'll bet you $100, that generally its not a real bet. Its just a way to emphasize that they are sure of something. Not a thing wrong with the guy and don't expect to actually receive $100. Its your fault for taking statements to literally.
    you might want to reserve comments until you familiarize yourself with the events in question. it wasn't emphasis and he was asked repeatedly to ensure he was not merely using hyperbole. he upped the stakes by asking for a photo. he disappeared in shame after not holding up his end. your conjecture has no basis in reality.

now, ask yourself, why is it that you support dishonesty by excusing it? then ask yourself why you didn't at least try to find the posts in question before commenting. do you really want to be one of those people who have nothing positive to add?

Ascendant

Hello!

This thread is being closed before it spirals even further into non-constructive posting. If anyone has questions or concerns about this thread closure, please feel free to PM a member of the Community Team.

Thank you!

Closed Thread