+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By shortycool
  • 1 Post By Cheesemonster

Thread: I just watched Divergent

Default I just watched Divergent

I have a thing for young adult dystopian fiction books, I love them. I really enjoyed the divergentseries (which I only Finnished today) and then immediately went to watch the film.

It's too fast paced, it leaves out KEY plot points that will effect the next movie (if there is one) and the thing I hate the most is the fact that it brazenly skims over any kind of graphic or brutal scenes. Th lead actress does a great job of playing the heroine Triss, I have no idea given the fact that the material she was given to work with was utter garbage.

Scenes are missing, key plots are missing and the scenes that did make it to the movie are jumbled together in ramdom order and it makes no sense, you have no idea what the motives are to most of the actions the characters make.

The ending is completely stupid, its completely different from the book.

The screenwriters really dropped the ball on this, the character development was weak, I felt next to nothing for most of them. The violence was stripped bare to give it a low age rating to satisfy the young ones who want to go flick their bean watching the hunk four.

I'm just so angry. Sorry I needed to vent, I haven't been this mad since harry potter and the deathly Hallows part 2 (I cried at the midnight showing with anger)

I have not read the books, but I saw the movie, which I thought was a pretty decent story overall. After the movie I was interested in reading the books but if they differ that much maybe I will just skip them and stick with the movies?

Quote Originally Posted by Nouvae View Post
    I have not read the books, but I saw the movie, which I thought was a pretty decent story overall. After the movie I was interested in reading the books but if they differ that much maybe I will just skip them and stick with the movies?
    They don't differ that much honestly its just that the film took away stuff for what felt like the sake of it for no reason. It's 2hrs long they could have done it in that time. The story is pretty much the same. But the character development is better and its a lot more graphic in the books.

The ending is close to the same but Kate Winslet should bot be there.
    Last edited by shortycool; 03-28-2014 at 07:18 AM.

Rift Disciple

Yea it is all up to the directer and hollywood is just stupid CGI and remakes most of the time.

the people who made catching fire should have been hired, catching fire was a brilliant book to film movie.

+ Reply to Thread