+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DAYZ...anyone else playing?

Default DAYZ...anyone else playing?

It is in Alpha test right and on steam. Seems pretty good, played all weekend. The server handles between 30 to 40 players, so anyone into zombies, PvP and survival check it out and let me know, so we can group.

Think cities, airstrips, and military will become "end game", where big groups will be needed to get the loot. They are introducing hunting and cooking in the near future. Right now , it more every man/woman for themselves...as you never know who you can trust...realism...love it. You can build up areas to defend from zombies and other players, as well.

Of, course if you die...you lose your gear, unless you have friends to to pick it up and/or help gear your next toon. The way PvP should be, like Ultima Online.

Anyway, check it out and if you are going to play let me know, so we can group, loot and survive the zombie Apocalypse....
    "There are other aspects of the game that we want you to engage in."

~Daglar

I'm not on there yet, though I have considerable interest in seeing how it shapes up. I really dig the interesting take on a survival game they're building it up around.

I'll absolutely be giving it a whirl later at the least. Probably not yet though.

UO was unique because there was not many choices to chose from back then but even they made Trammel because of the griefing on Fellucca. Sure there are players who will love losing your gear but will there be enough left after a few months of that? No.

I play it but really wish I didnt

Its best left until a lot further down the road & im seriously kicking myself for investing into another early access.

Im not saying its not fun in its current state, it is, well kind of, but its so hard to avoid the Alpha' Apologists screaming when you report a fault or bug. The roadmap looks a very bumpy ride and with cosmetics being added such as Rockets Aviators and more hats than you could shake a TF2 stick at it feels like the focus isnt on what was set out initially.

Hopefully by the end of the year when it hits Beta we will see a more polished version, but I really doubt its ever going to become to game that Dean Hall dreamt of.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue 45 View Post
    UO was unique because there was not many choices to chose from back then but even they made Trammel because of the griefing on Fellucca. Sure there are players who will love losing your gear but will there be enough left after a few months of that? No.
    it is alpha right, now...not sure how much things will change in that regard (feedback, feedback). heck I liked UO, which sucked for a caster dieing and have just to basic reagents again...lol. Started leaving bags of them in my house and in the back. Insurance was the way to go. I also, like you got better drop % in Fel dungeons (for the danger involved)....the good ole days....

~Daglar

Quote Originally Posted by BaronVonBoom View Post
    I play it but really wish I didnt

Its best left until a lot further down the road & im seriously kicking myself for investing into another early access.

Im not saying its not fun in its current state, it is, well kind of, but its so hard to avoid the Alpha' Apologists screaming when you report a fault or bug. The roadmap looks a very bumpy ride and with cosmetics being added such as Rockets Aviators and more hats than you could shake a TF2 stick at it feels like the focus isnt on what was set out initially.

Hopefully by the end of the year when it hits Beta we will see a more polished version, but I really doubt its ever going to become to game that Dean Hall dreamt of.
    Yea, every game has their "yes" boys...I do mean EVERY game. Probably something that is better down the road (for some), but I enjoy it overall, so far. The bugs suck, but it is alpha (and survival game)...if you keep playing let me know (nights and times you are on), we can team up. Probably a better experience that way...

~Daglar

+ Reply to Thread