+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: anyone tried ESO PVP yet?

Plane Walker

Default anyone tried ESO PVP yet?

ive only managed lvl7 so I aint seen any peeveepee action as yet.
    a really good decision imo is that theres no macros!
    So this Should make for some thoughtful and individual playstyles rather than the usual cookiecutter macroed 11121113112111 button mash that rift and wow mostly boil down to.
    All that lovely mixnmatch choice that rift offers really gave me a chubby at first but its so lame how dumbed down it is in reality once you add macros and autotarget.

Might turn out to be poop but Im gonna go for it anyway, its 'different' enough from wow/rift stale mechanics that it might just work. Just gotta grind through the usual AtoB questing to maxlvl first! in that respect its same ole same ole methinks.
    Last edited by Horgrym; 03-15-2014 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Horgrym View Post
    ive only managed lvl7 so I aint seen any peeveepee action as yet.
    a really good decision imo is that theres no macros!
    So this Should make for some thoughtful and individual playstyles rather than the usual cookiecutter macroed 11121113112111 button mash that rift and wow mostly boil down to.
    All that lovely mixnmatch choice that rift offers really gave me a chubby at first but its so lame how dumbed down it is in reality once you add macros and autotarget.

Might turn out to be poop but Im gonna go for it anyway, its 'different' enough from wow/rift stale mechanics that it might just work. Just gotta grind through the usual AtoB questing to maxlvl first! in that respect its same ole same ole methinks.
    The PVp is a recreation of DAoC, and your scaled to level 50 upon entering.
    In my opinion this is the best PVp system available on the market I love it.
    As for the pve grind the are 50 levels and 10 veteran ranks.
    A few of my guild members have been on their private test server for over a year and the info were getting is that : power gaming and skipping quest text-
    1-50 is about 120 hours of gameplay and 50-v10 is around 80 more hours.
    That's a total of 200+ hours to max level rushing it as fast as possible.
    I'd highly suggest pvping in and out during the leveling process once it launches to get a feel for it before max level.
    ~Harming

P.S. The pve becomes MUCH harder 20+. The beta weekends haven't done it justice.
    Last edited by Raistlinxx; 03-15-2014 at 05:17 PM.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlinxx View Post
    The PVp is a recreation of DAoC,.
    cut my mmo teeth on daoc. music to my ears thx

Worse than 1.0-1.5 Rift, better than what we have now.
    "like i have been preaching since day 1 warrior is the king of being good against under geared bads. vs a competent player we have nothing. no cc no utility and sub par damage. even alacrity and temp are countered by a puri with ease. we have no answer for rogue melee, no answer for dom, and nothing to pressure a healer. (1 cc breaker in all our all souls and its a port backwards in a range soul FFS)" -dday 2013

felt like DAoC to me.

If that's your thing.

I have a couple of videos in the off topic section. While I enjoy Rift combat and mechanics more than ESO, I do like what I can do with the characters in ESO in AvA at Cyrodiil.
    MMO VAULT (Video Game Music) ➜ https://www.youtube.com/c/VideoGameMusicSoundtrack

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Baramos View Post
    I have a couple of videos in the off topic section. While I enjoy Rift combat and mechanics more than ESO, I do like what I can do with the characters in ESO in AvA at Cyrodiil.
    There's a lot of room for improvement in eso combat for sure! At least there is hope for improvement.

Ultimately we need oculus rift VR motion detection pvp combat !

Ascendant

It's better than RIFT pvp, mostly because they have no callings and everybody can do everything if you only train long enough.

Less button to smash and often longer cd's on abilities. If "X" is OP most players simply tries to train in that direction so it get noticed quickly and adjusted.

If Trion would remove callings and allow everybody to play w/e they want it would be better similar but with much more abilities and a lot worse optimization.

TESO is pretty much lag less for me even with lot's of players on the screen.
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysHealNeverDie View Post
    It's better than RIFT pvp, mostly because they have no callings and everybody can do everything if you only train long enough.

Less button to smash and often longer cd's on abilities. If "X" is OP most players simply tries to train in that direction so it get noticed quickly and adjusted.

If Trion would remove callings and allow everybody to play w/e they want it would be better similar but with much more abilities and a lot worse optimization.

TESO is pretty much lag less for me even with lot's of players on the screen.
    There are no cooldowns on any skills in ESO, its all about resource management, and building your 12 skill slots to not starve yourself while fighting.

Ascendant

There are no cooldowns on any skills in ESO, its all about resource management, and building your 12 skill slots to not starve yourself while fighting.
    Iirc from my beta testing my ranged abilities had pretty long cooldowns.
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

Prophet of Telara

ESO was fun in the beta. One thing that concerns me is that the lead developer has already stated that their main focus will be pve content, and pvp will be a after thought. Otherwise it has a lot of room and potential. It already has more pvp content than Rift though. Kind of have a feeling ESO pvp will be good at first, then 5 months down the road be worse than Rift pvp because the devs are not focusing on it as much.

Game has a lot of hype around it, like GW2 did, seems like these new titles end up good at first then just flat out get bad.
    Last edited by DriftinARift; 03-16-2014 at 11:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysHealNeverDie View Post
    Iirc from my beta testing my ranged abilities had pretty long cooldowns.
    Must have been a VERY old build of the game then. Since last April there hasn't been a CD in any skill in ESO. There ultimate a which you must build up to, I guess u can count that as kind of a cooldown mechanic. You have to be attacking to actively build towards using it. But for skills themselves all are spamable outside of their animation having a hidden .5-1 second gcd.
    Some skills are very expensive mana and Stam wise though which may be what your talking about. After use you may have to wait for enough mana to recharge to cast again??

Quote Originally Posted by DriftinARift View Post
    ESO was fun in the beta. One thing that concerns me is that the lead developer has already stated that their main focus will be pve content, and pvp will be a after thought. Otherwise it has a lot of room and potential. It already has more pvp content than Rift though. Kind of have a feeling ESO pvp will be good at first, then 5 months down the road be worse than Rift pvp because the devs are not focusing on it as much.

Game has a lot of hype around it, like GW2 did, seems like these new titles end up good at first then just flat out get bad.
    They have a strictly PVp development department. (Mainly ex DAoC devs). I believe what your confusing is that they said they're aiming on getting the adventure zone in game by the first patch after launch , which is a pve aspect. This game will undoubtably be a PVp experience, what they already have in place is already the standard DAoC style Ava, and they've been hunting that after launch the imperial city may be getting old oblivion style duel arenas.
    This is the mmo PVp Mecca. Pve is more about leveling and gearing towards being more powerful in Cyrodill.

Prophet of Telara

They have a strictly PVp development department. (Mainly ex DAoC devs). I believe what your confusing is that they said they're aiming on getting the adventure zone in game by the first patch after launch , which is a pve aspect. This game will undoubtably be a PVp experience, what they already have in place is already the standard DAoC style Ava, and they've been hunting that after launch the imperial city may be getting old oblivion style duel arenas.
    This is the mmo PVp Mecca. Pve is more about leveling and gearing towards being more powerful in Cyrodill.
    oh sick, I just seen in certain Q&A some of the devs stated they want to expand the pve aspect more, need to track those down. If they changed their view and will bring back DAoC style, that would be sick. But still these type of games receive a large amount of hype and months down the road fail to deliver.

I was hyped for GW2 and it was great in the Beta, but it let me down several months in. Hopefully ESO lives up to it's hype. Friend already Pre ordered the game for me as a Gift, so going to give it a try when it's out.
    Last edited by DriftinARift; 03-16-2014 at 11:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DriftinARift View Post
    oh sick, I just seen in certain Q&A some of the devs stated they want to expand the pve aspect more, need to track those down. If they changed their view and will bring back DAoC style, that would be sick. But still these type of games receive a large amount of hype and months down the road fail to deliver.

I was hyped for GW2 and it was great in the Beta, but it let me down several months in. Hopefully ESO lives up to it's hype. Friend already Pre ordered the game for me as a Gift, so going to give it a try when it's out.
    Yeah my guild has a few guys that have been on the PtS for over a year now who have played through all the content already. The betas honestly do t so the game justice. It's over 200 hours gameplay to max level power gaming, and the PVp from PTS is already on par with DAoC. The only way it can go now is up with more and more content. The only way I can see the game being ruined is if it goes FTP and starts charging for ****.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast