+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Gamer Personality Survey! (student thesis project)

Default Gamer Personality Survey! (student thesis project)

Hello! For one of my thesis projects I am running a survey and would like to open it up to everyone here. The survey is expected to take 10-15 minutes and there will be no identifiable information taken , no account information, no naming ( just very basic demographics such as gender and marital status). If you have any questions about taking the survey or in general please contact me here. Thank you.
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/6MLQ5CY
    This is the end of all hope, sit back and enjoy ^_^

Telaran

How old are you? (in years)

got me crackin

Quote Originally Posted by Pysch View Post
    Hello! For one of my thesis projects I am running a survey and would like to open it up to everyone here. The survey is expected to take 10-15 minutes and there will be no identifiable information taken , no account information, no naming ( just very basic demographics such as gender and marital status). If you have any questions about taking the survey or in general please contact me here. Thank you.
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/6MLQ5CY
    I started the survey but couldn't finish it legitimately and stopped. Quite a few of the questions were either unclear or didn't really match the agree/disagree or love/hate rating scale. For example one question asked for a love/hate scale on "feeling relieved"...not sure how to answer that. Another was love/hate on being "in control at high speed". Is that a figurative expression or literally behind the wheel of a vehicle?

Quote Originally Posted by Navigator View Post
    How old are you? (in years)

got me crackin
    I am twenty-three

Quote Originally Posted by LeCreaux View Post
    I started the survey but couldn't finish it legitimately and stopped. Quite a few of the questions were either unclear or didn't really match the agree/disagree or love/hate rating scale. For example one question asked for a love/hate scale on "feeling relieved"...not sure how to answer that. Another was love/hate on being "in control at high speed". Is that a figurative expression or literally behind the wheel of a vehicle?
    All of the questions are general application for self interpretation.

All of the questions are general application for self interpretation.
    I would think that would be impossible to evaluate. You might want to make sure the questions can only be interpreted how you mean them to be so you're measuring what you think you're measuring.

The rating scale also needs to match the question, make obvious sense, and contain no negative questions (i.e. (agree/disagree) "I do NOT like x"). Depending on how logical a person thinks, negative questions can be confusing.

Sorry, I was a teacher some 25+ years ago and this was a subject we were painstakingly trained in. I see you're in a psychology class so I'm sure they'll do the same for you. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by LeCreaux View Post
    I would think that would be impossible to evaluate. You might want to make sure the questions can only be interpreted how you mean them to be so you're measuring what you think you're measuring.

The rating scale also needs to match the question, make obvious sense, and contain no negative questions (i.e. (agree/disagree) "I do NOT like x"). Depending on how logical a person thinks, negative questions can be confusing.

Sorry, I was a teacher some 25+ years ago and this was a subject we were painstakingly trained in. I see you're in a psychology class so I'm sure they'll do the same for you. Good luck.
    Its not for a class actually, all of the questionnaire items have been used in published with at least seven supporting studies each, but i'm sure you're classes went really well for you

Telaran

I took it and I won!
    Quote Originally Posted by orlan View Post
    im pretty sure it was cerealkiller

Its not for a class actually, all of the questionnaire items have been used in published with at least seven supporting studies each, but i'm sure you're classes went really well for you
    Ha thanks!

Hey that was fun!!

Thanks! I appreciate the help.

you're classes
    I see YOUR English classes didn't go so well for you
    Boom goes the cylindrical, chemically explosive object

Valid data requires valid sampling. If this is for a thesis...please, rework this. For your grade's sake.
    Last edited by Chadak; 03-19-2014 at 08:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LrdRahvin View Post
    I see YOUR English classes didn't go so well for you
    Meh, English as a third language typos on a new keyboard are to be expected. Thanks for the quality words though.

Quote Originally Posted by Chadak View Post
    Valid data requires valid sampling. If this is for a thesis...please, rework this. For your grade's sake.
    Not for a grade? Valid data was already sampled. Not sure how to respond to something like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast