+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: whats inside your computer?

Default whats inside your computer?

So I recently came in to some money (thanks bingo) and decided to build a new gaming rig, and I was curious to see what you guys have inside your desktops?

In mine I have:

AMD FX 8350 4.0/4.2ghz 8 core CPU

Crosshair v formula z motherboard from ASUS

2 R9 270x GPU's running in crossfire

750watt bronze PSU

8GB DDR3 1600mhz RAM

Coolermaster HAF X case

CPU cooled with a H100I

Shield of Telara

Intel 4770k
    ASUS z87 dual deluxe MB
    Nvidia 780
    Coolermaster Silent Pro 2 1200w
    32GB Corsair dominator plat 2133
    Coolermaster Cosmos 2 case
    h100i cpu cooler and various other fans all over

Quote Originally Posted by Hydron View Post
    Intel 4770k
    ASUS z87 dual deluxe MB
    Nvidia 780
    Coolermaster Silent Pro 2 1200w
    32GB Corsair dominator plat 2133
    Coolermaster Cosmos 2 case
    h100i cpu cooler and various other fans all over
    Nice, why so much ram? :s

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by shortycool View Post
    Nice, why so much ram? :s
    For me to work from home it's easiest to have several VM's open at once.
    Last edited by Hydron; 03-03-2014 at 02:50 PM.

For me to work from home it's easiest to have several VM's open at once.
    Oh cool, what do you do? ^_^

Shield of Telara

Oh cool, what do you do? ^_^
    Coder is the simplest way to say it.. I usually have to deploy multiple builds across numerous OS's so its easy to Code on 1 vm and compile on several OS's at the same time.

http://www.getchef.com/chef/ is a good piece of it
    Last edited by Hydron; 03-03-2014 at 03:12 PM.

Case - CM Storm Stryker all White with blue LEDs and custom fans

MB - MSI G45-Gaming

GPU - GeForce GTX 660 Twin Frozr 3

CPU - i5-3570k 3.40GHz Over Clocked to 4.2GHz

RAM - 16GB (2x8) Corsair Ballistix 1600Mhz

PSU - Rosewell 800 Watt 80 plus Gold

Running duel HP monitors a 22" and a 17"

annnd.. after all that I was outa money so I'm running a $12 microsoft keybord mouse combo LoL! Bought all from Newegg and build about 6 months ago. Gona up keybord and mouse soon, maybe add a second gtx660 or up to a 7 series, and another 2x8G ram for a total of 32.. why? cause I can OH and listen! Do not buy my case. Yes I know its completly Fing awesome looking but the cooling issues are annoying as hell. I don't want to get into the details in this post if you have questions PM me but just trust me on this. For all it's awesomness the CM Storm Stryker is a PITFA when it comes to setting up the fans in a way that makes any kind of sense.
    Last edited by bleachx; 03-03-2014 at 03:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bleachx View Post
    Case - CM Storm Stryker all White with blue LEDs and custom fans

MB - MSI G45-Gaming

GPU - GeForce GTX 660 Twin Frozr 3

CPU - i5-3570k 3.40GHz Over Clocked to 4.2GHz

RAM - 16GB (2x8) Corsair Ballistix 1600Mhz

PSU - Rosewell 800 Watt 80 plus Gold

Running duel HP monitors a 22" and a 17"

annnd.. after all that I was outa money so I'm running a $12 microsoft keybord mouse combo LoL! Bought all from Newegg and build about 6 months ago. Gona up keybord and mouse soon, maybe add a second gtx660 or up to a 7 series, and another 2x8G ram for a total of 32.. why? cause I can OH and listen! Do not buy my case. Yes I know its completly Fing awesome looking but the cooling issues are annoying as hell. I don't want to get into the details in this post if you have questions PM me but just trust me on this. For all it's awesomness the CM Storm Stryker is a PITFA when it comes to setting up the fans in a way that makes any kind of sense.
    My case is incredible! It has so much room and hair flow plus it supports so much! If youre looking for a new case I highly recommend the HAF X. It's not too pretty imo BUT the features are fantastic. (Also has wheels )

Coder is the simplest way to say it.. I usually have to deploy multiple builds across numerous OS's so its easy to Code on 1 vm and compile on several OS's at the same time.

http://www.getchef.com/chef/ is a good piece of it
    It looks confusing but fun if you are in to that kind of thing haha looks very interesting though.

I have a similar setup to yours Shorty

Fx 8350 4ghz oc'd to 4.8 at the moment, running 30C idle and 60C at load

Gigabyte 990FXA-UD5 motherboard

32gig quad channel ddr3@1600mhz(which is slightly underclocked at the moment due to stability issues with overclocking)

Radeon HD 6950

Samsung 840Pro SSD for boot and rift

700watt generic powersupply(will be upgraded when i upgrade the video card at some point)

HAF 912 case - great case, love the design, cooling, and look, its just my style

Zalman Reserator3 for cooling at the moment, its not bad, but i think the corsair i have with the square radiator is more flexible, although the zalman keeps it a few deg cooler than the stock "silent" fans that come with the corsair, but those can be beefed up quite a bit. My case also has a fan wherever there is a place for a fan.
    Soulraiser - 60 Cleric // Soulslayer - 60 Warrior // Soulshadow 60 Mage
    Faeblight NA
    http://www.dargaardknights.com
    Visit our recruiting thread HERE

It has so much room and hair flow
    The only time my computer has hair flow is when the hamster falls off the wheel and hits the fan.
    MMO VAULT (Video Game Music) ➜ https://www.youtube.com/c/VideoGameMusicSoundtrack

My case is incredible! It has so much room and hair flow plus it supports so much! If youre looking for a new case I highly recommend the HAF X. It's not too pretty imo BUT the features are fantastic. (Also has wheels )
    I looked at the HAF, nice mid sized case. The case I have ( CM Storm Stryker) is really nice and HUGE. Made out of steel. This thing is over 30 pounds empty lol. I just have had a problem with the way the fans are setup in relation to the dust filters. The only logical way to setup the flow doesn't make use of the dust filter positioning. It's so big that I have absolutely no heating problems even with some minor over clocking but still just on principle I would like the intake to be where the dust filters are and not where the non removable vents are. Just having air blowing out of where a dust filter is drives my OCD up the frigging wall. Considering the amount of money I spent on that enormous behemoth of a case I would like it exactly the way I want! lol There are a few tweeks and mods available that I found out about from Toms Hardware so that's my next step is to explore those options.

Also forgot

HDs a 2TB HD and a 128g SSD

Also to you AMD FX guys. I almost went that rout but went i5 instead. How have you guys been liking your AMD setups?
    Last edited by bleachx; 03-03-2014 at 05:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baramos View Post
    The only time my computer has hair flow is when the hamster falls off the wheel and hits the fan.
    Damn you autocorrect I'm on my phone

I looked at the HAF, nice mid sized case. The case I have ( CM Storm Stryker) is really nice and HUGE. Made out of steel. This thing is over 30 pounds empty lol. I just have had a problem with the way the fans are setup in relation to the dust filters. The only logical way to setup the flow doesn't make use of the dust filter positioning. It's so big that I have absolutely no heating problems even with some minor over clocking but still just on principle I would like the intake to be where the dust filters are and not where the non removable vents are. Just having air blowing out of where a dust filter is drives my OCD up the frigging wall. Considering the amount of money I spent on that enormous behemoth of a case I would like it exactly the way I want! lol There are a few tweeks and mods available that I found out about from Toms Hardware so that's my next step is to explore those options.

Also forgot

HDs a 2TB HD and a 128g SSD

Also to you AMD FX guys. I almost went that rout but went i5 instead. How have you guys been liking your AMD setups?
    I forgot my SSD too I have a 120gb Kingston SSD and a Seagate 1TB 7200rpm hard drive. I actually prefer AMD ( I'm gonna get some hate for that lol). AMD just suits me better plus its grest value for money.

I've always been a fan of AMD, all the way back to my 486dx4 100mhz, I don't think I've owned much else over the years besides amd... my alienware laptop was intel, maybe a few other one offs, lol

Generally speaking, intel chips usually perform better, but cost more, so for the price point you are getting similar performance. Pretty happy with my fx, an i5 would have ran rift better, but i was keeping the general future in mind, instead of just rift.. which i wish performed better, but i get passable fps on ultra with shadows disabled. Usually 40-50 in the open world, 25-30 in TB, still drops below 20 if there's too much going on, since the cpu core is still maxed at 100% due to the engine issues. Generally in raids i stay 20-30.
    Soulraiser - 60 Cleric // Soulslayer - 60 Warrior // Soulshadow 60 Mage
    Faeblight NA
    http://www.dargaardknights.com
    Visit our recruiting thread HERE

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast