+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: who doesn't want to go to work today?

Default who doesn't want to go to work today?

Yeah its Monday.... you know its another day of grinding and you just dread the thought when your tired, feeling the aches and pains or you just woke up in such a great mood, feeling so refreshed that the idea of going to work seems far from your mind and you want to grab a cup of coffee and sit down to play Rift.

If this is you? Feel free to agree and post it
    Last edited by BlackZodiac; 03-03-2014 at 06:14 AM.

I'm retired so I never have to work again! Here's my daily list:

1. Walk dog
    2. Do whatever my wife wants me to do

When those two are done I'm on my own. #2 takes a while sometimes, especially when it includes shopping. I'd rather go back to work than do that all day.
    Last edited by LeCreaux; 03-03-2014 at 06:35 AM.

Champion of Telara TheDoomgiver's Avatar

you are retired and are able play video games?!?!!

im so envious

nothing beats slacking off and playing rift all day
    Last edited by TheDoomgiver; 03-03-2014 at 06:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDoomgiver View Post
    you are retired and are able play video games?!?!!

im so envious

nothing beats slacking off and playing rift all day
    Well to get there you do have to finish college, work 30+ years, manage your money, buy a house, and THEN you can slack off all day. But don't forget you still have to exercise your body and mind or you get old, you can't really just play games or you'd die in a few years from health problems. I run 5k at least once a day and constantly study my degree area, in case I ever want to un-retire.
    Last edited by LeCreaux; 03-03-2014 at 07:21 AM.

I want very much to not be at work right now.

7 minutes left. Come on.

Yeaaaaaaah, *****! MAGNETS! OH!

Telaran

I have the day off.

Quote Originally Posted by Linch View Post
    I have the day off.
    I hate you.

Bring on POETS day and a trip to the coast.

Yeaaaaaaah, *****! MAGNETS! OH!

Think I'd rather retire and take care of my kids, clean house, have meals ready each day and have my wife go back to work.

I could live with being a stay at home dad.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackZodiac View Post
    Think I'd rather retire and take care of my kids, clean house, have meals ready each day and have my wife go back to work.

I could live with being a stay at home dad.
    Well that's sort of what I did. For 30 years my wife followed me around the world and kept the household running like a well-tuned machine. When I retired she announced she was going to work and I was going to be the dog-sitter and chore-doer. All of our kids are adults and either college grads or in college so my "dad" job is basically lecturing while they roll their eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by LeCreaux View Post
    Well that's sort of what I did. For 30 years my wife followed me around the world and kept the household running like a well-tuned machine. When I retired she announced she was going to work and I was going to be the dog-sitter and chore-doer. All of our kids are adults and either college grads or in college so my "dad" job is basically lecturing while they roll their eyes.
    I could live with that

Sword of Telara

4 am - Alarm goes off
    4:15 am - Alarm goes off
    4:30 am - Alarm goes off
    4:45 am - Alarm goes off
    5 am - Alarm goes off
    5:15 am - Alarm goes off
    5:30 am - Alarm goes off
    5:45 am - Alarm goes off
    6 am - Alarm goes off
    6:15 am - Alarm goes off
    6:30 am - Boss phones me to find out why I'm late

every darned morning.

Champion of Telara TheDoomgiver's Avatar

Well to get there you do have to finish college, work 30+ years, manage your money, buy a house, and THEN you can slack off all day. But don't forget you still have to exercise your body and mind or you get old, you can't really just play games or you'd die in a few years from health problems. I run 5k at least once a day and constantly study my degree area, in case I ever want to un-retire.
    :O

now im getting second thoughts about this "retirement" thingy.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDoomgiver View Post
    :O

now im getting second thoughts about this "retirement" thingy.
    My generation isn't helping. When I was a kid you got the boot at 18 and had to figure something out.

These days parents & grandparents (i.e. my generation who got said boot) allow their kids to stay at home as long as they want, even come back home. We did the same thing, bought a 5-bedroom house with living rooms and bathrooms on all floors and let our kids stay and return. We still have one college student at home and our oldest stayed until she was 25. My sisters did the same thing, their kids still live at home in their mid-late 20s.

Even though we're grandparents we still buy cars, clothes, game machines, games, etc. for our kids. That's why I have to be ready to un-retire if needed. If one of our kids gets down on their luck and comes back home my wife will make me un-retire to get them back on their feet.

Well today is another one of those Mondays...

Two out of the four children I have woke up at 3 am.... went back to bed after taking care of them and slept through my alarm clock, woke up to a text from boss boss saying I'm two hours late, start up my truck and is slowly dying on me....oh goody....finally get it going, go to work and walk in hearing of of the employees saying my own employees called in sick..., by now my headache is increasing, tired and forgot my lunch, working with a migraine on a huge order of stock that arrived on the truck delivery, I tend to wonder what on earth did I do to deserve this lol...

Only conclusion....

Its a monday
    Last edited by BlackZodiac; 03-17-2014 at 11:26 AM.

My generation isn't helping. When I was a kid you got the boot at 18 and had to figure something out.

These days parents & grandparents (i.e. my generation who got said boot) allow their kids to stay at home as long as they want, even come back home. We did the same thing, bought a 5-bedroom house with living rooms and bathrooms on all floors and let our kids stay and return. We still have one college student at home and our oldest stayed until she was 25. My sisters did the same thing, their kids still live at home in their mid-late 20s.

Even though we're grandparents we still buy cars, clothes, game machines, games, etc. for our kids. That's why I have to be ready to un-retire if needed. If one of our kids gets down on their luck and comes back home my wife will make me un-retire to get them back on their feet.
    Its a different world than when we were young, fella. Nowadays, there's no way I could survive doing what I did when I was young. Left home at 17, worked construction, made a good bundle of money, got myself into college and paid my own way pretty easily with a couple of part time jobs. Got my four year and started working properly in my field, socked some real money away with my then-new wife and we put ourselves through our respective masters' programs.

Nowadays? There's no way. Credit costs have gone insane, health insurance has gone insane; everything's gone insane except the average man's pay. That tends not to change much, I keep noticing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast