+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Elder Scrolls Online Keep Assault

Default Elder Scrolls Online Keep Assault

Elder Scrolls Online PvP | Introduction to Cyrodiil & Taking my First Keep!

MMO VAULT (Video Game Music) ➜ https://www.youtube.com/c/VideoGameMusicSoundtrack

Rift Disciple

No thanks...

Shield of Telara

Hmm, is it Gw2? or CQ with doors and trebuchet?

Seemed boring and uninspired.

Ascendant

Wish had got to level 10 but only got to level 7. This looks promising.

Ascendant

PVP in TESO is amazing. Its better designed as a system than GW2 and the closest we've seen to DAOC since...well DAOC. But there is one huge problem with TESO. The combat is godawful. I'm sorry but I will not pay a sub for the absolutely atrocious combat in that game. That's why a lot of people are raging on TESO. It does a lot of other things right, great graphics, well optimized, immersive world. But combat is huge. If your combat is terrible your game is not going to survive. I was an alpha tester and I told them this test after test but mark my words, its going to be their downfall. The siege in this game is exactly what Conquest should be but isn't remotely close to being. Daglar's silly comment about banging on keep doors is quickly disproven here. They spend about a minute on that door after the ram gets dropped.

And this is the way pvp is going, it depresses me that Rift has nothing remotely like this because Rifts other strengths would make it unstoppable as far as large scale pvp and rift's techno steampunk vibe would make for some really interesting variants on the typical siege warfare engines.
    Last edited by Khelendross; 03-02-2014 at 11:19 PM.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

Quote Originally Posted by Khelendross View Post
    The combat is godawful. I'm sorry but I will not pay a sub for the absolutely atrocious combat in that game. That's why a lot of people are raging on TESO. It does a lot of other things right, great graphics, well optimized, immersive world. But combat is huge. If your combat is terrible your game is not going to survive. I was an alpha tester and I told them this test after test but mark my words, its going to be their downfall. The siege in this game is exactly what Conquest should be but isn't remotely close to being. Daglar's silly comment about banging on keep doors is quickly disproven here. They spend about a minute on that door after the ram gets dropped.

And this is the way pvp is going, it depresses me that Rift has nothing remotely like this because Rifts other strengths would make it unstoppable as far as large scale pvp and rift's techno steampunk vibe would make for some really interesting variants on the typical siege warfare engines.
    All very valid points. I wil take Rift combat any day over ESO. If I could take my Rift characters over there it would be a blast.
    MMO VAULT (Video Game Music) ➜ https://www.youtube.com/c/VideoGameMusicSoundtrack

Ascendant

One thing I've read today is that they currently have HAVOC enabled on the PTS version of the game client which apparently make melee combat feel alot better. Its still not as good at melee as other games, but apparently makes a big difference. We should see that in the final beta test,.
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

Thanks for the video!

I made it to level 10 with not enough time to try out the pvp instance - I got on the map and ran around for a bit but didn't get to see any action. Hoping there's another beta before launch? I really want to get into one of those battles and see how I like it. It's really going to be a selling point for me.

A lot of people are trashing the game right now, but I dunno... my feelings are different after this last beta. I really enjoyed it.

Those siege weapons.

I found it boring...

I find rift boring....

Quote Originally Posted by Appendy View Post
    I find rift boring....
    So do I at the moment to be honest. Got back in to shooters they seem to be holding my attention.

Elder Scrolls Online PvP - AvA Bridge Fight in Cyrodiil & Epic Trebuchet Action

Quote Originally Posted by shortycool View Post
    I found it boring...
    Definitely not for everyone.
    Last edited by Baramos; 03-05-2014 at 07:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baramos View Post
    Elder Scrolls Online PvP - AvA Bridge Fight in Cyrodiil & Epic Trebuchet Action

Definitely not for everyone.
    It could have been done a lot better. I was originally really looking forward to it, it just didn't turn out the way I expected. I was expecting an Archeage type game.

Are you guys not worried about ESO's PvP been turned into a botter/hacker's paradise?

What's that Slip? care to explain?

Watch this video carefully...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZuUcW8a2cQ

Notice the addon that shows the other players abilities, the issue is that Zenimax has allowed addons to have total control on everything the API sends.

What this means is you can set up a program like, say, AutoHotKey to "watch" for certain casts/heals/abilities and it will instantly and with no effort interrupt everything.

This link explains it all in full, it's a big read but if Zenimax doesn't alter or dial back what info the API can send out, it's going to be a cluster****

clicky >> http://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrolls...elitist_jerks/

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Are you guys not worried about ESO's PvP been turned into a botter/hacker's paradise?

What's that Slip? care to explain?

Watch this video carefully...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZuUcW8a2cQ

Notice the addon that shows the other players abilities, the issue is that Zenimax has allowed addons to have total control on everything the API sends.

What this means is you can set up a program like, say, AutoHotKey to "watch" for certain casts/heals/abilities and it will instantly and with no effort interrupt everything.

This link explains it all in full, it's a big read but if Zenimax doesn't alter or dial back what info the API can send out, it's going to be a cluster****

clicky >> http://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrolls...elitist_jerks/
    Potentially troublesome but we are talking about a game several weeks from launch that still is going to have at least one big engine update. The bigger issue is how good the design of the pvp is and the design is very good. Its much more DAOC like, safe in your realms lands, pvp in the frontier (ie Cyrodil) its not like Archeage but if you expected that then you weren't paying attention or you didn't know the history of the people making the game.
    Last edited by Khelendross; 03-05-2014 at 09:52 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast