+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Elder Scrolls Online Keep Assault

I've been keeping an eye on this game, and this looks pretty good!
    Even free cost too much now

Quote Originally Posted by Khelendross View Post
    PVP in TESO is amazing. Its better designed as a system than GW2 and the closest we've seen to DAOC since...well DAOC. But there is one huge problem with TESO. The combat is godawful. I'm sorry but I will not pay a sub for the absolutely atrocious combat in that game. That's why a lot of people are raging on TESO. It does a lot of other things right, great graphics, well optimized, immersive world. But combat is huge. If your combat is terrible your game is not going to survive. I was an alpha tester and I told them this test after test but mark my words, its going to be their downfall. The siege in this game is exactly what Conquest should be but isn't remotely close to being. Daglar's silly comment about banging on keep doors is quickly disproven here. They spend about a minute on that door after the ram gets dropped.

And this is the way pvp is going, it depresses me that Rift has nothing remotely like this because Rifts other strengths would make it unstoppable as far as large scale pvp and rift's techno steampunk vibe would make for some really interesting variants on the typical siege warfare engines.
    I hated the combat at first, but once I realized how deep it is, I started to like it. I didn't really like the Dragon Knight, I was falling asleep while playing it. I tried a Sorc and loved it. I didn't know that each skill can level up, morph, and you have skill lines for each weapon and your race/guilds + a bunch of passives.

Once I had to manage blocking, my Mana abilities and my stamina abilities, I really liked it.

Did you try all the classes?
    Last edited by Muffinmans; 03-05-2014 at 04:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    As for folks calling me a carebear, I've got 99 problems and being a carebear ain't one son. I've done far more than my share of virtual murder over the years. I've been part of alliances that have so heavily destabilized server balance in games that the other sides ceased to log in due to being so massively dominated.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Muffinmans View Post
    I hated the combat at first, but once I realized how deep it is, I started to like it. I didn't really like the Dragon Knight, I was falling asleep while playing it. I tried a Sorc and loved it. I didn't know that each skill can level up, morph, and you have skill lines for each weapon and your race/guilds + a bunch of passives.

Once I had to manage blocking, my Mana abilities and my stamina abilities, I really liked it.

Did you try all the classes?
    Oh some classes were fine, but I think melee classes in general across the board were atrocious. And I can't get behind that, not for a sub fee anyways. If it was F2P that's another matter.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Are you guys not worried about ESO's PvP been turned into a botter/hacker's paradise?

What's that Slip? care to explain?

Watch this video carefully...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZuUcW8a2cQ

Notice the addon that shows the other players abilities, the issue is that Zenimax has allowed addons to have total control on everything the API sends.

What this means is you can set up a program like, say, AutoHotKey to "watch" for certain casts/heals/abilities and it will instantly and with no effort interrupt everything.

This link explains it all in full, it's a big read but if Zenimax doesn't alter or dial back what info the API can send out, it's going to be a cluster****

clicky >> http://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrolls...elitist_jerks/
    The people QQing about the addon API are completely misinformed. I have read the documentation for the ESO's addon API and it doesn't give any more information than Rifts does. Their ridiculous AutoHotKey auto-interrupt example could be done in Rift but no one does. Why? Because interrupting isn't hard and you don't need AutoHotKey to send the keystroke to interrupt for you.

These guys obviously have no MMO experience. They're claiming things that modern MMO players take for granted as being gamebreaking. A good example of this is their QQ that addons shouldn't be able to display another players mana or stamina

Yes you read that right. Apparantly displaying another players mana and stamina is gamebreaking

“There is no greater danger than underestimating your opponent.” - Laozi

Rift Disciple

My experience is shared with muffinmans. Second time around I found ESO much deeper than the first time. You have so much freedom to build your character the way you want it. Any class can use any weapon and wear any kind of armor.

First beta I rolled a traditional Nightblade (rogue style melee dps) and enjoyed that. Second beta I played a bow wielding Sorcerer. This combo worked perfectly because the standard bow attack hit harder than the standard mage staff (destruction staff). This combo allowed me to use special abilities that consumed magicka (eso's mana) and stamina. Overall greater up time of power abilities.

PVE combat in L0-15 dungeons doesn't have real mechanics like we get in Rift but I still enjoyed them. They look amazing.

Anyone can start crafting from level 1. I really liked the crafting system it is easy to get into and mats seem to be relatively easy to come by. ZOS have said some of the best gear is going to be crafted.

Questing in my first beta was boring because I rushed around trying to level as fast as possible and didn't follow the story etc (as i usually do playing mmos). Second time round I listened to the NPC's and ended up getting fully immersed in the story. By the end of the beta I was hunting out quests all around the map for fun. This has never happened to me before. I am a grinder who usually despises questing.

As for Cyrodiil PVP. One word.. Wow.

Cyrodiil is absolutely insane! Words can't describe how sick it is to nuke a sea of players with trebuchet's and flaming spears. Feels like you're part of a medieval war. The scale of the place is madness. I can't wait to see what its like after release once various PVP guilds have formed and start organising raids.

Baramos explains he experiences some latency in Cyrodiil. One thing to keep in mind is the point of the beta was to stress test their megaserver. They overloaded it with players and tried to push it to its limits. I experienced latency as well but only in the campaigns that were full.

One interesting point about the ESO engine is my FPS never dropped below around 45-50fps even with latency in Cyrodiil. Most of the time I was 70+ on high ultra settings and my system isn't that new. In the campaigns that weren't over filled I took part in sieges with hundreds of players on screen there was no latency at all.

“There is no greater danger than underestimating your opponent.” - Laozi

Quote Originally Posted by StateOfUnrest View Post
    Baramos explains he experiences some latency in Cyrodiil. One thing to keep in mind is the point of the beta was to stress test their megaserver. They overloaded it with players and tried to push it to its limits. I experienced latency as well but only in the campaigns that were full.
    Apparently the regular testers already had the fix in place for the lag in Cyrodiil, but since the weekend testers weren't using the most recent build, we still had to experience the lag. The next test should go a lot smoother with the 1k+ bug/quest fixes in places which the full time testers are already using. Like you said, we were mainly just there to stress test the servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Khelendross View Post
    Oh some classes were fine, but I think melee classes in general across the board were atrocious. And I can't get behind that, not for a sub fee anyways. If it was F2P that's another matter.
    Iactually liked the melee, not to much to deal with, allowing me more focus on dodging and blocking. Tbh I'm having a hard time trying to figure out what I'm going to play as. I tend to focus on one character.

I have played the last 3 Beta's in ESO, it is an awesome game with no lag what so ever apart from the last Beta which was a stress test to break the server in PvP we had 500+ people battling in one battle and we had lag.

The video shows the game play but he did not do the training quests which would have enabled him to take the 4 repeateable quests which gives you loads of money experience and armour/weapons which are big upgrades.

I levelled 5 levels just by having fun PvPing and completing the quests, a horse is the big thing because the area is so vast and you have to repeatedly defend or attack objects.

When the elder scroll has been taken you have to try and ambush the side who has taken it or avoid ambushes set by the other side.

For those of you who remember Alterac Valley in WoW it is very similiar with the amount of objectives there are to complete
    Last edited by Lonyn; 03-06-2014 at 03:59 AM.

I'm confused now... is it similar to AV in WoW or is it similar to DAoC?

Anyway i love the look of what you have posted.... it's exactly what i've been looking for since i left Warhammer Online (there were all the goodies shown in your vids but the game had the worst class balance ever).

My only concern about ESO is about the bad combat mechanics that i keep seeing mentioned in all the discussions. I still haven't managed to have a clear picture of this issue... even the videos around the web didn't help me to decide if i like it or not.
    i guess i'll have to try it to be able to figure it out...
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=806168&dateline=13715  70211

@slipmat

We reached out to Zenimax Online Studios for comment on this issue and this is what they had to say:

As we get closer to launch, our beta events have continued to grow in player-size, and that growth has resulted in even more and more of you taking the time to experiment with our UI modding tools. It’s exciting to see the amazing add-ons you have come up with and for us, as developers, it’s also a very important part of the beta process. Seeing what the community wants to add or change is helpful as we continue to tweak and balance the game – what are people looking for? what works? what doesn’t? Finding the right answers to these questions often means leaving the API very open during this beta phase. It helps us see where limits may or may not be and helps us determine what makes the best possible ESO experience for everyone.

We welcome creativity and have built ESO on player-choice, but as a game played with thousands of others, we also must be mindful of any mods that give clear mechanical advantages in competitive situations. Maintaining a level playing field will always be our first priority. Our intent with add-ons is to encourage you to modify your UI in a way that is more fitting for your personal play-style, but not ones that could allow you to make choices for others. We do not want those who aren’t interested in using an add-on to feel compelled to do so because they cannot remain competitive without them. As we continue beta testing, we’ll continue to evaluate add-ons and the implications they have on other players, but you can expect changes to the API before launch and will share that information as it becomes available. Thank you to all of you that have created add-ons during this time – we appreciate your help in making ESO the best it can be.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Maul STK View Post
    I'm confused now... is it similar to AV in WoW or is it similar to DAoC?

Anyway i love the look of what you have posted.... it's exactly what i've been looking for since i left Warhammer Online (there were all the goodies shown in your vids but the game had the worst class balance ever).

My only concern about ESO is about the bad combat mechanics that i keep seeing mentioned in all the discussions. I still haven't managed to have a clear picture of this issue... even the videos around the web didn't help me to decide if i like it or not.
    i guess i'll have to try it to be able to figure it out...
    Its very very similar to DAOC
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

I tried eso last 3 betas, but tbh I cant stand the combat system. Graphics is awesome tough.
    But I couldn't make it further than lvl4. I was so excepting this game, because I like elder scrolls series and so disappointed in rift atm. But looking forward more test events, maybe it can catch me finally.
    Sheona/Faynee <VANEN> , <Apotheosys>

ppl are complaining about the combat system but if i compare it to GW2 f.e. its 10x better

ofc its not like rift, or daoc etc but its more complex than it seems
    Quite@Typhiria
    -GreatWhiteNinja- he was right after all -
    61 Dominator Guide
    Nightmare rifts - An indepth guide to reach stage 300

Quote Originally Posted by Brodian View Post
    I tried eso last 3 betas, but tbh I cant stand the combat system. Graphics is awesome tough.
    But I couldn't make it further than lvl4. I was so excepting this game, because I like elder scrolls series and so disappointed in rift atm. But looking forward more test events, maybe it can catch me finally.
    I have a similar experience with TESO. I play Skyrim almost every day, it's a great game and I lose track of time playing it.

I've been in almost every TESO beta and desperately want to enjoy this game...but I think I dislike it more than any MMO I've ever played. The starter zone is what I dislike more than anything. Instead of drawing me in, it makes me not want to spend another minute in the game. I've escaped that zone only once before deleting the character and swearing never to mention TESO again. But I keep giving TESO another chance because I want to enjoy it. Without fail it always causes me to delete it in disappointment and tell everyone I know how clunky and un-fun it is (to me).

Quote Originally Posted by LeCreaux View Post
    I have a similar experience with TESO. I play Skyrim almost every day, it's a great game and I lose track of time playing it.

I've been in almost every TESO beta and desperately want to enjoy this game...but I think I dislike it more than any MMO I've ever played. The starter zone is what I dislike more than anything. Instead of drawing me in, it makes me not want to spend another minute in the game. I've escaped that zone only once before deleting the character and swearing never to mention TESO again. But I keep giving TESO another chance because I want to enjoy it. Without fail it always causes me to delete it in disappointment and tell everyone I know how clunky and un-fun it is (to me).
    Didn't they fix the starter zone. I mean from what I heard, when it finally drops, once your out of Cold Harbour or whatever its called, you are sent to your faction's capital city where you will be able to just go and explore and get into shemanigans. I think the starting area will still be there but you are not directly sent there and it will be your choice to venture there or not.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast