+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Please stop these "olympics" Russia.

Plane Walker

Default Please stop these "olympics" Russia.

Please stop these "olympics" Russia.-russian-olympic-tank-570x518.jpg

Get your invasion forces out of Ukraine.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakedog View Post
    Attachment 17389

Eatingpopcorn.gif

Yeaaaaaaah, *****! MAGNETS! OH!

Plane Walker

Feel free to show your support to Ukraine in this matter.
    Ive lived under Russian occupation and dont want anyone to experience that.

I agree ... Get T F Out
    Last edited by BIGMOJO; 03-04-2014 at 07:55 AM.
    " Tonight Defiants ! ... I will PVP u ! " Pukk
    " Sometime when Im alone ... I buff myself" Bigmojo

Deepwood -- Ermak LvL 64 Cleric Bigmojo LvL 60 Mage Pukk LvL 60 Rogue Brutikuz LvL 60 Warrior Wildmoon LvL 4x Primalist

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Hirono View Post
    Eatingpopcorn.gif
    http://reactiongifs.me/wp-content/up...Daily-Show.gif

Attachment 17389

Oh Please, I have never seen so much hysteria in the western press as a result of a few troops being moved around in the Crimea in my life.

Even assuming that the Russians have "occupied" the Crimea as some alleged, here is a history lesson for you. Crimea has belonged to Russia for the last 300 years going back to Catherine the great. It was illegally given to Ukraine in 1954 by Khrushchev, but its population remains largely ethnic Russian. Space and time limits me here, but the same principal applies to a lot of the Eastern and South territories. You cannot think of Ukraine as one Country. Its split between east and west, the former belonging to the old Austrian-Hungary empire and being Catholic and the latter belonging to the Russian empire and being orthodox.

I think Russia's reaction to the illegal coup has been rather tame. Let me draw you an analogy;

" Putin is caught on tape telling his comrades in Cuba that the 5 billion dollars he has spent arming the mexican drug cartels is gonna pay off bigtime, and soon! Putin then goes on to describe how he will install his puppets into the NEW Mexican government that will allow Russian troops, materials, and bases to be deployed within 1 mile of the US boarder, as well as setting up ballistic missiles inside Mexico for "Russian" protections of assests and personnel. Then backing all that up with offers of even more money and sending in Russian special forces to help take over all major cities inside Mexican territory and begin to nationalize everything kicking out ALL foreigners. "

What do you think the US reaction would be ?
    Last edited by Abraxas79; 03-04-2014 at 08:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Abraxas79 View Post
    Oh Please, I have never seen so much hysteria in the western press as a result of a few troops being moved around in the Crimea in my life.

Even assuming that the Russians have "occupied" the Crimea as some alleged, here is a history lesson for you. Crimea has belonged to Russia for the last 300 years going back to Catherine the great. It was illegally given to Ukraine in 1954 by Khrushchev, but its population remains largely ethnic Russian. Space and time limits me here, but the same principal applies to a lot of the Eastern and South territories. You cannot think of Ukraine as one Country. Its split between east and west, the former belonging to the old Austrian-Hungary empire and being Catholic and the latter belonging to the Russian empire and being orthodox.

I think Russia's reaction to the illegal coup has been rather tame. Let me draw you an analogy;

" Putin is caught on tape telling his comrades in Cuba that the 5 billion dollars he has spent arming the mexican drug cartels is gonna pay off bigtime, and soon! Putin then goes on to describe how he will install his puppets into the NEW Mexican government that will allow Russian troops, materials, and bases to be deployed within 1 mile of the US boarder, as well as setting up ballistic missiles inside Mexico for "Russian" protections of assests and personnel. Then backing all that up with offers of even more money and sending in Russian special forces to help take over all major cities inside Mexican territory and begin to nationalize everything kicking out ALL foreigners. "

This still isn't justification to violate Ukraine's sovereignty.

Does anyone remember the US reaction to Russia putting their stuff in Cuba? Think we cared about Cuba's sovereignty then?

Totally different issue.
    " Tonight Defiants ! ... I will PVP u ! " Pukk
    " Sometime when Im alone ... I buff myself" Bigmojo

Deepwood -- Ermak LvL 64 Cleric Bigmojo LvL 60 Mage Pukk LvL 60 Rogue Brutikuz LvL 60 Warrior Wildmoon LvL 4x Primalist

Cough Iraq invasion cough.

Here's what I find humorous about Europeans. As a general rule, the people have a long mind for history (they know X country used to belong to Y and Z empire). They have absolutely no mind for the reality of the present.
    Last edited by Laeris; 03-04-2014 at 07:16 PM.

Plane Walker

Lets not forget how at Stalins orders tatars, armenians, bulgarians were deported off Crimea to Usbekistan desert areas and replaced by russians ( thats the reason of russian majority in Crimea nowadays ).

Same situation is in my country too, at `49 tens of thousands of our people were deported to Siberia, including my grandmother. Russians flooded in and nowadays we have over 350000 russians living here, while only having ~890000 locals left. Putin can easily say " we force russians to learn our language, to follow our constitution etc, thus we "harass" russians and Putin must protect them. Russia can occupy our whole country in a day and NATO and USA wont do nothing.

This is what I personally fear. If they can do it in Crimea, the can do it in whole eastern europe. USA, UK, Germany, NATO, UN, everyone must come together NOW and force Russia out of Crimea.

Shadowlander

USA, UK, Germany, NATO, UN, everyone must come together NOW and force Russia out of Crimea.
    Are you seriously proposing that countries with limited force-projection take on the Russian military on 'home-ground' ?

Wow. Good plan.

Lets not forget how at Stalins orders tatars, armenians, bulgarians were deported off Crimea to Usbekistan desert areas and replaced by russians ( thats the reason of russian majority in Crimea nowadays ).

Same situation is in my country too, at `49 tens of thousands of our people were deported to Siberia, including my grandmother. Russians flooded in and nowadays we have over 350000 russians living here, while only having ~890000 locals left. Putin can easily say " we force russians to learn our language, to follow our constitution etc, thus we "harass" russians and Putin must protect them. Russia can occupy our whole country in a day and NATO and USA wont do nothing.

This is what I personally fear. If they can do it in Crimea, the can do it in whole eastern europe. USA, UK, Germany, NATO, UN, everyone must come together NOW and force Russia out of Crimea.
    They can occupy nothing that NATO doesn't want them to occupy...

Sad truth is that western europe needs russian's gas, and said gas has to pass through 40.000 Km of pipelines across Ukraine... that's why Putin is afraid to lose his grasp on those territories.

That's all: a business issue surrounded by cultural-religious-ethnic issues.
    Something we've seen too many times...
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=806168&dateline=13715  70211

Plane Walker

Yeah, history is repeating.

Hitler & Sudetenland = Putin & Crimea

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast