+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Elder Scrolls Online Charging Extra to Unlock all Classes.

i am a TES fan from the beginning on and i dont care about specific races...i am going to buy any version of the game that fit my interests, either standard or imperial idk..

but the fact is even if i purchase the CE and play it one year for 13,99€ per month i will certainly pay the same as for rifts CE and one year...

of course they stated to just have one year of subscripted payment because the game was expensive in developement (thats why there is extra charge with the CE and imperial race too) and it definitly will go f2p after this i think but in the end the game is worth the price like rift was...

just my 2 cents

P.s: where the f... do you have the negative cash shop thing related to TESO??? i dont mind paying for "fun stuff" and services like name change is essential in every MMO

IMHO imperials arent so great and special at all..there are 6 races that i prefer much more....argonians,khajit,nord,dunmer,orismer and bosmer
    Last edited by Nynja; 02-24-2014 at 06:40 AM.
    Quite@Typhiria
    -GreatWhiteNinja- he was right after all -
    61 Dominator Guide
    Nightmare rifts - An indepth guide to reach stage 300

Quote Originally Posted by gobSIDES View Post
    ^Cute picture. I like pictures like that, they allow people to make jokes on the back of others wit, the wit they lack if you will allow.

So if Beth/Zeni call wanting an original race entitlement issues they must be right.

But hey you can do what you want when you have a community of morons they can charge 75 euros for anything from.

You people here defending this better not start crying when in a few months you can buy the Imperial race in the cash shop along with a host of other game content. Because remember it was you people who chose to allow companies to charge extra for all content.

After this game initial boom and it falls, it's gonna be hard because mistreating your customers, then insulting them isn't exactly good for business.

But hey who needs to discuss this when you can just shout "YOU FEEL ENTITLED!!!!" and rather than reinforce this point just hide behind memes/pictures to solidify a point you lack the intelligence to.

Plus you geniuses only touch on the Race, no opinions on a sub fee and cash shop?

^ 100% agree with this guy , I havent been following the development of ES that closely , I am happy with Rift for now. I will mention that I have played MMOs for 15 + years, most of which were subscription based.

I kinda think its ****ty for a company to nickel and dime you like this. I can understand I support a game that is F2P charging for microtransactions , pay to unlock a race or a class or bundles, etc. And I get that sub based games have to charge for expansions.

If I understand correctly tho - there is a monthly sub, then a base cost for an basic xpac and then 2-3 tiers of upgrades on top of that. IMO that is kinda rediculous , esp for a new game. And its not at all about entitlement , because in the end - either it is worth it to you and you will pay it or you wont. I think $15 month sub and $50-$60 for FULL expansion with all content is totally reasonable. Any additional charges beyond that is not good business. GW2 offered a collectors edition with a few extra perks, titles, cosmetic items and headstart access ( I did purchase this btw ) for an additional $30 which is totally reasonable - you did not have to buy it to have access to all the same content, races,classes,skills,whatever.
    " Tonight Defiants ! ... I will PVP u ! " Pukk
    " Sometime when Im alone ... I buff myself" Bigmojo

Deepwood -- Ermak LvL 64 Cleric Bigmojo LvL 60 Mage Pukk LvL 60 Rogue Brutikuz LvL 60 Warrior Wildmoon LvL 4x Primalist

This is just another SW: ToR, take away the IP and the rabid fanbois who can pretend they're another Obi "wannabe" Kenobi or the next Lord Indoril Nerevar would be nowhere in sight.

These games are surviving on their IP, no more, no less.
    Last edited by Slipmat; 02-24-2014 at 06:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    This is just another SW: ToR, take away the IP and the rabid fanbois who can pretend they're another Obi "wannabe" Kenobi or the next Lord Indoril Nerevar would be nowhere in sight.

These games are surviving on their IP, no more, no less.
    Just like WoW!
    Even free cost too much now

Quote Originally Posted by Credo View Post
    Just like WoW!
    no ... not really.

regardless of how people feel about WoW , there is no arguing it became and remains the most popular MMO ever for a reason and it has very little to do with the IP.

Was WoW the 1st MMO - no , is it perfect - no , did it revolutionize MMOs and introduce features that have changed every MMO since - yes.

I am no WoW/Blizzard fanboy but facts are facts - WoW is the standard against which all other MMOs are measured for a reason.

Deepwood -- Ermak LvL 64 Cleric Bigmojo LvL 60 Mage Pukk LvL 60 Rogue Brutikuz LvL 60 Warrior Wildmoon LvL 4x Primalist

Yeah, there is no sarcasm font.
    Even free cost too much now

Point taken ! LoL

I played the beta and was couldn't stand it, but I play Skyrim almost every day with various mods. Skyrim is awesome, it's all you really need. Adding Internet trolls to Skyrim would just detract from its intrinsic awesomeness.

No dwarfs no play for me

I played beta. It was...interesting? Its weird.

Its not MMOey enough on basic stuff that should be there it plays a bit too much like a console game (i feel i should be using a controller when i play it as well since it feels clumsy with keyboard and mouse).

I was debating getting it, but i do not care for it that much to pay monthly + whatever other crap they are adding on to it that i seemingly have to pay for to compete.

If it ever goes F2P, maybe, but i can already see locked out maps and stuff. So they may be a "why bother?" for me

Quote Originally Posted by BIGMOJO View Post
    LoL
    Ha! Just another League of Legends fanboi, eh?

Yeah I am.

Ascendant

Surely this mist be wrong.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/02...land/#comments
    The Elder Scrolls Online's beginning experience will become optional, as ZeniMax is making a significant change to allow players to skip over it entirely.

The latest build on the public test server now gives players the option to bypass the starter islands and the connected tutorial. They can do this by talking to an NPC, after which their character will be taken to a central city.
    They are allowing you to skip the starter zone. This doesn't bode well for the game future if they make the starter zone optional before they even release the game. Personally I didn't find it that bad. Not exciting, but I'm sure they could fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by caitie View Post
    Surely this mist be wrong.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/02...land/#comments

They are allowing you to skip the starter zone. This doesn't bode well for the game future if they make the starter zone optional before they even release the game. Personally I didn't find it that bad. Not exciting, but I'm sure they could fix it.
    From the quote it sounds more like it's a PTS thing and Massively are just inferring/assuming that it will transfer over. Kind of like Rift's PTS - I can just imagine Massively stating:

"Rift's leveling experience will become optional, as Trion Worlds is making a significant change to allow players to skip over it entirely.

The latest build on the public test shard now gives players the option to bypass leveling content. They can do this by interacting with a bear trap, after which their character can choose to purchase up to Tier 2 Raiding gear, Level 60 potion and full Planar Attunement experience."

Looks like what Massively linked was just a reddit user posting about the change on the PTS. That sounds more like it's a convenience thing for PTS testers.

---

As for ESO - I'll wait till it hits F2P and if it does F2P right without too many paywalls I might give it a go. However, I'm quite happy with my modded-out Skyrim right now and if I ever get bored of it - well - I can just download a whole slew of mods - for free - that would probably add another couple hundred hours of playtime.
    Last edited by Jonus; 02-24-2014 at 06:38 PM.

just decided to give the beta another chance by playing another class and...

the game is pretty much shadowboxing in a tunnel online.
    the combat is just bad, inferior to even Lineage 2's combat system ( and that had
    auto attack/1 spell 90% of the time) and the impact non existant.

the games environment gets more tunneled the further you go and the geometrical rocks remind me of the quake 3 engine.

i mean swtor wasnt really a mmorpg, but was still very fun and you could immerse yourself in your character and the pvp was also very fun.

eso just feels like a downgrade without any noteworthy unique selling proposition.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast