+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Baramos
  • 1 Post By ilex011

Thread: Any casual bodybuilders or gymbros/sisters play Rift?

Soulwalker

Default Any casual bodybuilders or gymbros/sisters play Rift?

Yo, just wondering if there's any other non-professional body builders or other fitness enthusiastic people playing. Maybe share routines, diet tips, all that fun stuff.

If any of you who aren't hitting the gym and are interested in getting fit, I'd be more than willing to help you get the right idea on how to start.

Rift Master

Superhero steroids!!

I do hit the gym a couple times a week, mainly since I sit quite a lot at work and find it quite relaxing afterwards. I mostly do cardio and some fine tuning, but I'm far from a body builder :P
    17/17 T1, 4/4 T1HM, 4/4 GA, 3/3 IG, 5/5 PB

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Nitzi View Post
    I do hit the gym a couple times a week, mainly since I sit quite a lot at work and find it quite relaxing afterwards. I mostly do cardio and some fine tuning, but I'm far from a body builder :P
    Nice. Running and light lifting? Machines?

I'm doing a more bodybuilding focused thing, but I started a couple months ago, so I'm not really huge yet. Still gaining strength and stuff. Working out for 45 minutes daily, mon-friday.

Bench press is at 105lbs
    Squat and deadlift are at 135.

Not that impressive, but it's probably better than your average joe. i don't really have a comparison.

Some light lifting and some machines when I feel "like I need it", you know after that night out with the guys which resulted in to much "goodies" (or rather a couple of days after)

Had to recalculate that to kilos but yeah quite good for just starting out and you seem to have the motivation to increase it as fast as possible as well!

Not sure what I can pull of, never really tried.
    17/17 T1, 4/4 T1HM, 4/4 GA, 3/3 IG, 5/5 PB

I play football (that's "soccer" to the septics) once a week and try to hit the gym three days out of seven. Mostly cardio stuff, really, though I'll try to spend at least twenty minutes on resistance machines.

I get more kicks out of beating a 5k PB than benching a new best. I couldn't even tell you what I could bench, it wouldn't be impressive.

Yeaaaaaaah, *****! MAGNETS! OH!

Quote Originally Posted by Aonotsukune View Post
    Not that impressive, but it's probably better than your average joe. i don't really have a comparison.
    I generally hit the gym 4-5 times a week, but I am definitely not anywhere near bodybuilder status. The reason I signed in to comment was because who cares how you stack up against the average Joe? Be the best version of Aonotsukune that you can be and try not to worry about what weight other people are throwing around. There really isn't a need for any type of comparison besides where you are now and getting to the place where you want to be.
    Last edited by Baramos; 02-22-2014 at 03:07 PM.
    MMO VAULT (Video Game Music) ➜ https://www.youtube.com/c/VideoGameMusicSoundtrack

Quote Originally Posted by Baramos View Post
    I generally hit the gym 4-5 times a week, but I am definitely not anywhere near bodybuilder status. The reason I signed in to comment was because who cares how you stack up against the average Joe? Be the best version of Aonotsukune that you can be and try not to worry about what weight other people are throwing around. There really isn't a need for any type of comparison besides where you are now and getting to the place where you want to be.

...and this is why you are the Nicest Guy in Rift, amigo.

OP: I love to swim and run but haven't consistently in a long while. Yoga was great for increasing flexibility but I'd really love to develop more strength and endurance as a whole.
    Faeblight
    ilexx: lvl 60 High Elf Necromancer/Chloro
    RIFT 3.0 incoming soon... get ready for some surprises!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thitizen View Post
    Helicopters? Tesla Coils? Skrillex?

Telaran

Got one here. 5' 9" 167,5 lbs at the moment. Bench press at 187 lbs (6 reps after a 12-10-8 increasing weight)

Training three days a week, currently bulking. I'm not too deep into the theoretical part of fitness/body building but I try to learn as much as I can.

Probably the best bro tip on how to increase your performance/weights/reps is: Listen to A LOT of Disturbed, lol
    Last edited by Navigator; 02-22-2014 at 03:57 PM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Hirono View Post
    I play football (that's "soccer" to the septics) once a week and try to hit the gym three days out of seven. Mostly cardio stuff, really, though I'll try to spend at least twenty minutes on resistance machines.

I get more kicks out of beating a 5k PB than benching a new best. I couldn't even tell you what I could bench, it wouldn't be impressive.
    Hey, cardio's a hell of a lot harder than strength training. I don't think I have the balls to really do the endurence training needed to run marathons or play high cardio sports, but get a kick out of tossing big weights onto bars and moving them up and down, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Baramos View Post
    Nice, what do you do?

Yup, I mostly do it for fun. Not that hard, but it offers consistant rewards. So I dig it.

Quote Originally Posted by Navigator View Post
    Got one here. 5' 9" 167,5 lbs at the moment. Bench press at 187 lbs (6 reps after a 12-10-8 increasing weight)

Training three days a week, currently bulking. I'm not too deep into the theoretical part of fitness/body building but I try to learn as much as I can.

Probably the best bro tip on how to increase your performance/weights/reps is: Listen to A LOT of Disturbed, lol
    Nice, nice. I'm still making noob gains (three months in, with lots of tweeking to the workout), and maintaining weight in a 5 pound range at the moment. My priority is to burn a bit of fat and get stronger, moving to clean bulking when I hit 15% BF (I think I'm somewhere around 25 if I had to guess, maybe a bit higher, 5'8 at 152-7). I figure dirty bulking when I still have a bit of excess fat is probably not the best idea for general health.

I have a couple Arny and Zyzz inspirational speach thingies on my phone that I'll spam if I want to get pumped. Those and a few songs with pounding bass, those are always good.

My current workouts are something like this:
    ABABAxxBABABxx

A:
    3x5 bench press
    3x5 squat
    3x5 wide arm lat pulldown (would do assisted pullups, but my uni gym doesn't have a machine for that)
    3x5 upright rows

B:
    3x5 deadlifts
    3x10 calf extentions
    3x30 second side plank (each side)
    3x30 second plank
    anything else I feel needs work (currently my left hand's grip, so just holding a heavy dumbell for 15 or 30 seconds with a good grip)

I've been told that I should take more rest days, but I'm stuck on campus for 3 hours before class on tuesdays and thursdays and it gets boring, and I've already established monwedfri as my main workout days.

+ Reply to Thread