+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Blizzard is now selling a powerleveling service...

Default Blizzard is now selling a powerleveling service...

I stumbled upon this earlier today. A lot of people didn't (and some still don't) believe this, that you can now purchase a powerlevel (1 - 90) for the price of ...$60!

I have nothing positive to say about this here.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...3816919?page=1

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/foru...t-Will-Cost-60

Oh no! $60 bucks to skip the leveling! At least Rift is pure with its lockboxes and boosts!
    Even free cost too much now

Have known about it for a while now and as true Blizzard fan that have purchased almost every single title since they released Warcraft: Orcs & Humans back in 1994 I can now clearly say that I will never buy or spend a penny at anything Blizzard ever makes ever again. The utter fail the recent WoW expansions and Diablo 3 have been have truly made me anti Blizzard, something I never though would be possible.
    17/17 T1, 4/4 T1HM, 4/4 GA, 3/3 IG, 5/5 PB

Soulwalker

Well, I remember doing translations for a society that was offering power level for various games including WoW, and that was LONG ago.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Tallim View Post
    Well, I remember doing translations for a society that was offering power level for various games including WoW, and that was LONG ago.
    You admit you worked for an RMT outfit?

Brave.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Kerin View Post
    You admit you worked for an RMT outfit?

Brave.
    Work is a big word. I was just a student trying to make some extra money, I was translating whatever text they wanted me to translate in exchange for cash. That must have been 7 years ago!

If Trion ever sells powerlevelling, they wouldn't do it for a flat $60. They would put it in lockboxes. 0.00001% chance to get a level from a lockbox.
    Pantz@Hailol
    Asia's best cleric

I thought Blizzard were only going to allow this if you already had another character at that level?

At least, that's how it should be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Phreakuency View Post
    I thought Blizzard were only going to allow this if you already had another character at that level?

At least, that's how it should be done.
    With the purchase of the expansion pack, you get 1 free character upgrade.
    Every other time, you must pay for it.

So that's fine. So long as they don't let a fresh player/account just hop to max.

If you've earned it the regular way, then it should be available.

Trion would likely make a killing with this option as well.

so mop was such a big turnoff that blizz can even capitalize on it's failure?

oh my

Rift Master

Working on three years without the crack and never going back.

Doesn't making it too easy to get to the end of the game, via selling 90 levels, and giving them away, have the potential to lower the overall skill bar? Isn't this sort of the "no child left behind" failure? Instead of making it to where people learn and understand their class, you just dumb down the content, and start handing out easy A+... err I mean easy level 90. I think Blizzard's momentum is running out, but then again still at 6 or 7 million subs, and it swells to near 10 million every xpac, they've still got plenty of funding.

Quote Originally Posted by thewayshemoves View Post
    Doesn't making it too easy to get to the end of the game, via selling 90 levels, and giving them away, have the potential to lower the overall skill bar? Isn't this sort of the "no child left behind" failure? Instead of making it to where people learn and understand their class, you just dumb down the content, and start handing out easy A+... err I mean easy level 90. I think Blizzard's momentum is running out, but then again still at 6 or 7 million subs, and it swells to near 10 million every xpac, they've still got plenty of funding.
    I'm sorry. Since when did leveling ever take skill in WoW? (the answer is never)

I've been playing since pretty early on (mid-classic or so) and leveling was never hard. In fact, I knew a guy back then who leveled a warlock to 60 with nothing but his wand and his void walker because he didn't know about talents and he didn't understand the spellbook. You don't learn to play your class while leveling and you never have unless you looked things up before hand.

Sure, it was a little slower back then but WoW was introduced as the 'casual' MMO and it's continued that theme since. The hard content will still be hard and the easy content will still be easy. :P

Also, we're currently back up to 8mil.

Edit; And just in case you guys weren't aware. The reason they're introducing the paid 90 is because people realized that they could just buy a bunch of expansions to do the same thing. So they stick a fairly large cost on it and it'll only be used by people with a decent disposable income or idiots because leveling is pretty quick. I'm also not surprised they're putting in a catch up mechanic considering we're hitting 100 next expac. That can be a pretty daunting number to those who haven't done it a bunch of times.
    Last edited by Sibenice; 02-22-2014 at 11:38 AM.

I didn't say leveling in WoW was hard, but as you say you've played for a long time, you have to admit raids definitely went from the longer, more tactical of the Vanilla, BC days, down to the smaller, zerg fest of the newer ones. That's a decrease in skill and need to communicate in teamwork. Easy access to 90 on characters you may have never touched would lower that bar even more when the easier raids become too hard for people because of zero knowledge of their class.
    Last edited by thewayshemoves; 02-22-2014 at 11:46 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast