+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: FFXIV something to do until RIFT.

Default FFXIV something to do until RIFT.

Getting my gamers legs back after the Summer off just rolled a conjurer on the new Karnak server (Oct 2 it opened) if you want to play for a bit post here (my in game name is "Conkuur").
    <Pain >

After reading all the reviews of how horrible the UI is, I think I'll pass.

ff14 is among the worst MMO RPGs ever made, only thing good about it are the graphics
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1282&dateline=1279040  725

Yeah UI is bad confirmed. World is nice though you are right. But just like anything the UI you get used to. I will level and sell and make a few bucks though as usual. Just wanted some one to hang with.
    <Pain >

I played it and got to rank 14. Didn't feel like starting over after beta so didn't buy the game.

The best thing about FFXIV are the footsteps, turn up your speakers and listen to how realistic they are on different terrain, I notice the weirdest stuff apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurelie View Post
    I played it and got to rank 14. Didn't feel like starting over after beta so didn't buy the game.

The best thing about FFXIV are the footsteps, turn up your speakers and listen to how realistic they are on different terrain, I notice the weirdest stuff apparently.
    Yeah its graphics are like VG perfect 10. the sound is great too Aurelie love the footsteps! Once they fix some of these bad things it will be a decent game really.
    <Pain >

I really tried to bring myself to enjoy any aspect of this game during the beta, but I couldn't find anything redeeming. The graphics are indeed nice, but that isn't enough of an allure to players anymore. Games need to have depth, and there are too many things in FFXIV that will be restrictive to players.

I havent really gotten that far my biggest beef like every game is lack of space. I'm at lvl 10 with all my gathering. 11 conjurer 17pysical 7blksmth 8carpt. I have a full retainer and im having to part with stuff to the vendor yuk... repairs blow too i was grindin xp for like 45 min and I was broke had to run back 10 minutes just to repair. Ah anyway theres not much else I aint played. I will grind it n sell it if its too tedious.
    <Pain >

skip this game plz
    its a time machine in game design in MMO's from the late 90's
    But But it worked in Dev!

after the 4.3 it got on gametrailers, ill pass. Seems like it was rushed beyond belief.

well there alot of talk about the game being outsourced to a chinese dev team
    But But it worked in Dev!

Many different game review sites have been hammering FFXIV with low scores--deservedly so. With all the knowledge of what works and doesn't work in the MMO industry, it's a shame to see a title this rushed and underdeveloped.

In an article I just read from Massively featuring two FFXIV producers, Eliot Lefebvre states, "Sundi and Kurosawa both mentioned that while they want to improve the interface on the PC, they also need to make sure that the interface works for both PCs and the PS3, which means that there are limited options for how many changes they can make. Balancing the needs of both systems leads to certain compromises."

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm tired of compromises. I'm sure that's why we're all here.

It looks terrible. How they made it worse than final fantasy 11 i have no idea.
    Square have lost the plot FF 11,12,13 and now 14 the list of crappy final fantasy games continues

Watched the review on gametrailer and checked a couple of others. The game...is epicly broken
    Its a shame because im kind of a huge fan of a the series so its kind of a blow.

I will give it a couple of months then try it.

Yeah they game officially blows took me 6 days lol. I can overlook a lot of the stuff but the battle mechanics are just horrid! Heres the battle BS! Target mob ,cast spell, target again, blast mob, re target mob, cast spell, re target mob,Cast spell GRRRRRR!! That gets old real fast!

DON"T WASTE YOUR MONEY LIKE I DID!
    <Pain >

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast