+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I just can't stop laughing.

Default I just can't stop laughing.

Ok, so normally i'm not the type of person to wish failure upon anyone. But this game was getting so much hype, and soooooooo many of us expressed our concerns and were basically shut down by the fanboi's, and guess what, we were right:

FFXIV gamespot review:
    http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/final...slot%3Bimg%3B1

And from what people who speak/read japanese are saying, the game is getting just as bad reviews in Japan as it is here. One of their major sites gave it a 1.5/5.

The sad part is what really ruined the game outside of the lack of meaningful content, was the horribly atrocious interface. This is what happens when you try to make an MMORPG for a console. Its just not possible to do well. MMO's need a keyboard and mouse, thats all there is to it.

They deserved it. I really hope their game fails horribly and resulting in Square Enix loosing tons of money. This should not be the acceptable standard by anyone. I guess they were hoping too much the fanbois would save them...

The company has done nothing but gone downhill since the merger. Their latest games have been utter **** (at least the RPGs). I played this game in closed beta 4 months before release then at Open Beta. 99.99% of the things I tried were exactly the same, makes you wonder what the hell they were even doing. What frustrates me is that a large amount of people did give feedback on the exact things he points out...I just guess they were deaf or too lazy :S
    A wiki is only as good as its contributors - won't you help at Telarapedia?

A wise man told me to stay away from crazy people, I have been running from myself ever since.

i hope they fail faster than APB
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1282&dateline=1279040  725

Another failed game in the genre isn't funny to me. Just sad.

Considering how long these games take, and the money they cost...every failed game is yet another giant hole that COULD have been filled by a game I would have enjoyed. Just a shame, really.

The zapper claims another victim. Long live the zapper.
    "Behind this mask, there's an idea... and ideas are bulletproof." -V for Vendetta

forums - Fozzik's Hardware
    blog - The Last Bastion

Quote Originally Posted by Fozzik View Post
    Another failed game in the genre isn't funny to me. Just sad.

Considering how long these games take, and the money they cost...every failed game is yet another giant hole that COULD have been filled by a game I would have enjoyed. Just a shame, really.

The zapper claims another victim. Long live the zapper.
    I hear what you're saying but bad games should fail and I hope they fail spectacularly. It's a way to impress upon MMO publishers that quality still matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Ware View Post
    I hear what you're saying but bad games should fail and I hope they fail spectacularly. It's a way to impress upon MMO publishers that quality still matters.
    Certainly hasn't seemed to help so far... games with all the same problems and all the same mistakes just keep getting made. I see your point, though. I agree that I'd rather see bad games fail in obvious fashion rather than hang around and get copied.
    "Behind this mask, there's an idea... and ideas are bulletproof." -V for Vendetta

forums - Fozzik's Hardware
    blog - The Last Bastion

Quote Originally Posted by Ware View Post
    Adding to this, just having a big name (Square/Final Fantasy) isn't going to save you. If your game is ****, people aren't going to play it.

Makes you wonder if the Devs just totally ignored all feedback from beta testers...
    Dual Targeting - The Targeting System of the Modern MMO

If the Lord of the Rings movie trilogy was made by today's MMO designers, the first 8 hours would be condensed into 30 minutes, and the last hour would be stretched out over 8.5 hours. It would be all about 'The Ending' and not about 'The Journey'.

Quote Originally Posted by Slyde View Post
    Makes you wonder if the Devs just totally ignored all feedback from beta testers...
    Or opened up the game for testing too late in the development process when too many things were too set in stone to change...

Shield of Telara

Square Enix pooling all of their efforts into what the game looks like and forgetting about gameplay elements? heck, that doesn't sound like them at all!

I wonder how Famitsu and Dengeki are gonna spin this. 39/40 and 120/100 like they did with FF13?

Anyway, on a more positive note (and this will be fleeting)... a lot of 14's problems (not all, but a lot) could be fixed with a pretty robust patch or three. The question is, are Square humble enough to fix what needs to be fixed and swallow their pride? The answer to that is; probably not. Square have over the years become more and more disconnected with their fans to the point where its all about style over content. And you can see how the fans have responded if you look at the sales figures, which have been in steady decline since FF7.

There's a fine game in FF14, dying to get out. But Square just do not understand the concept of fun anymore.

+ Reply to Thread