+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: AngryJoe says "F2P will Happen Fast" for ES:O.

Default AngryJoe says "F2P will Happen Fast" for ES:O.

Last edited by Aggarte; 02-12-2014 at 10:49 AM.

Champion

So will his next visit to the fridge.

Telaran

very disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggarte View Post
    AngryJoe says "F2P will Happen Fast" for ES:O.
    Believing everything you see on Youtube is not very smart. Believing everything a bunch of idiots say on Youtube is plain stupid.
    You're never alone with a clone.

I don't necessarily care much about AJ's opinion, but yeah I agree - F2P/B2P within a year, and I'd be surprised if it even happens within 2 years instead of 1. And I'm sure that it'll happen, unless ESO somehow pulls a miracle and gains huge popularity (both from gamers and mainstream). Eh... and I think that's not gonna happen.

And his updated impressions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I82pz60iGL0

Basically what everyone else is realizing. Its quite boring/bland for the first 5-10 levels (depending on alliance). Once you get level 5, the combat gets fun, mostly because it gets difficult, requiring you to block and use your skills intelligently.

The quests and the story are fantastic once you get a bit into the game, from what I've heard, it matches the single player Elder Scrolls game (This is my first Elder Scrolls game). I originally thought the game was crap, but I gave it one more shot this beta (after being in Beta since June). I decided to play it like an Elder scrolls game, and read the quests. And I was quite impressed. I was completely immersed in the story once I reached level 5. I was loving it.

And it doesn't hurt that some people are calling ESOs AvA the best PvP since DAOC.

The only thing that remains to be seen is how the endgame will hold people. The endgame is the huge AvA pvp system, 16 dungeons, and "Adventure Zones". Even if there isn't much to do at endgame, there is at least 150 hours of story content per alliance (x3 alliances) which more than justifies the 60$ price tag plus a couple months of sub until you complete all the alliances.

Basically, the first 5-10 levels aren't anything special, which is why you are seeing so many people write it off. Once you level a bit more and get more immersed in the story, it is quite a good game. Please, don't do what I did and rush through all the quests without listening to the dialogue and try to level as fast as possible. Play it like an Elder Scrolls game (because it is..). I promise you, ESO is quite a deep game once you actually get into it.
    Last edited by Muffinmans; 02-14-2014 at 06:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    As for folks calling me a carebear, I've got 99 problems and being a carebear ain't one son. I've done far more than my share of virtual murder over the years. I've been part of alliances that have so heavily destabilized server balance in games that the other sides ceased to log in due to being so massively dominated.

Bethesda said themselves in am interview that they expect to go free to play at some point, but I think it will happen a lot faster than they anticipated, maybe within a year. It's gonna sink SWTOR style.

Quote Originally Posted by Muffinmans View Post
    And his updated impressions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I82pz60iGL0

Basically what everyone else is realizing. Its quite boring/bland for the first 5-10 levels (depending on alliance). Once you get level 5, the combat gets fun, mostly because it gets difficult, requiring you to block and use your skills intelligently.

The quests and the story are fantastic once you get a bit into the game, from what I've heard, it matches the single player Elder Scrolls game (This is my first Elder Scrolls game). I originally thought the game was crap, but I gave it one more shot this beta (after being in Beta since June). I decided to play it like an Elder scrolls game, and read the quests. And I was quite impressed. I was completely immersed in the story once I reached level 5. I was loving it.

And it doesn't hurt that some people are calling ESOs AvA the best PvP since DAOC.

The only thing that remains to be seen is how the endgame will hold people. The endgame is the huge AvA pvp system, 16 dungeons, and "Adventure Zones". Even if there isn't much to do at endgame, there is at least 150 hours of story content per alliance (x3 alliances) which more than justifies the 60$ price tag plus a couple months of sub until you complete all the alliances.

Basically, the first 5-10 levels aren't anything special, which is why you are seeing so many people write it off. Once you level a bit more and get more immersed in the story, it is quite a good game. Please, don't do what I did and rush through all the quests without listening to the dialogue and try to level as fast as possible. Play it like an Elder Scrolls game (because it is..). I promise you, ESO is quite a deep game once you actually get into it.
    I got to level 28 and wanted to slash my fingers off, but that's just me. I suppose someone else could get enjoyment out of it somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by shortycool View Post
    I got to level 28 and wanted to slash my fingers off, but that's just me. I suppose someone else could get enjoyment out of it somehow.
    Hmmm. Did you ever play any of the Elder Scrolls games? Did you enjoy them?

From what i've heard, ESO plays exactly like those, but if you don't like the original games, you probably won't like ESO.

Also, did you try the PvP?
    Last edited by Muffinmans; 02-14-2014 at 07:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    As for folks calling me a carebear, I've got 99 problems and being a carebear ain't one son. I've done far more than my share of virtual murder over the years. I've been part of alliances that have so heavily destabilized server balance in games that the other sides ceased to log in due to being so massively dominated.

Ascendant

I did enjoy the story and questing by the time I logged off for a break much more time than realized had passed. I was quite immersed in the story, yet I never logged back in.

I can't really explain why it just didn't grab me in a log back in and play more kinda way. the color pallete is drab it has a generic fantasy feel, it sits halfway between elder scrolls game and MMO without succeeding at being iether and I really really REALLY disllike the default control setup and not being able to use my mouse for movement in an MMO. those were my first impressions

I have no doubt I will play the game at some point after it goes F2play but I am not prepared to pay the asking price knowing that it will more than likely be free to play soon enough. after swtor, tsw and rift I am just not prepared to do it again.

better the devil you know n all that
    Quote Originally Posted by Frailaq View Post

tl;dr - Trion should do this: Melee = Turret Ranged > Mobile Ranged

From what i've heard, ESO plays exactly like those, but if you don't like the original games, you probably won't like ESO.

PvP was boring it was zerg v zerg and running across the map to different keeps. The pvp zone had a surprising amount of pve in it. Combat feels clunky. The quest are sooo repetitive. It literally is a es game online with less exploration more forced exploration and boring typical MMO quests over and over and over..... I did like the skill system and the weapon skill system that was about it.

I've played every ES game and expansion ever made. ESO has nothing at all in common with any ES game in terms of story, gameplay or anything at all. In fact, E.S. games are sandbox games. Even in Skyrim you are never forced to do any of the quests if you don't want to. The story is there if you want it to be but... none of them have ever been a gated themepark style of game.

Sure, some sites give this game good marks but the overwhelming sentiment is that it is just yet another silly gated themepark MMO. The only thing it has in common with the ES genre is the back end lore (which is apocryphal and an abomination to the game's lore in how they bastardize it for this MMO). The biggest complaints I've read about in beta and those I also agree with are the simplified character skills and combat variation.

I can't stress enough how ESO is in no way and elder scrolls game.

Rift Disciple

Couple of PVP vid's taken during the last beta weekend. They were overloading the servers for a stress test so its little laggy. As you can see its totally bland and boring..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pubOg5HV8Fw
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIlTG9bKa3k

“There is no greater danger than underestimating your opponent.” - Laozi

There's nothing at all that sets ESO apart from anything else. Like what ten ton hammer said about it: "They've somehow made GW2 lite where an already over simplified system has gotten even dumber."

The original ES Skill Trees were deep and varied. There are also no classes in the elder scrolls games. You made your character what you wanted. This is something altogether not Elder Scrolls and is why I think a lot of Elder Scrolls diehards won't even think twice about touching this even if it does go F2P.

This is a cash grab. Not an Elder Scrolls game worthy of the namesake.

I'm going to decide for myself. I played beta and I liked it but I didn't get to fully immerse myself. I'm looking forward to this game but all I can do is give it an honest chance.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast