+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My Idea for a new MMO

Default My Idea for a new MMO

I'd love to see a modern day MMO, seems like there are dozens of them based in the "middle ages" (WoW, Rift etc) castles sword/board etc... fantasy of course but still dark ages and so on. I have seen some futuristic ones, TOR for example.

I personally think something along the lines of Supernatural would make an AWESOME MMO.. yes maybe I'm partial because I love the show but it just seems set up so well to be made into an MMO.

For example, already has magical items written into the show itself... so not much of a stretch, they already fight endless monsters that just seem to keep respawning. They have major bosses of the sorts to fight etc.

Heck they even have lore as to why a character keeps respawning...

Classes could even be seen in the show

Warrior: someone like Dean.. just a straight up fighter, smart and good with weapons
    Cleric style class: Sam, has some demon powers but is still mostly human
    Mage: ancestor of a witch or worlock or former demon gone good guy etc...
    Rogue type: similar to warrior but more classic rogue, using stealth and traps etc

Anyone else think this idea would be awesome, even if it's not exactly a "Supernatural the MMO"?

Then again is this post gonna get deleted for mentioning a television show? I'd hoped putting it in the OT section would not be issue

End game epic mount #1, super rare.. "The Impala" Lol

also, for factions, you could all start as one (similar to certain bear creatures in a certain unnamed MMO) but as your story progresses you choose to fight on the side of the Angels or the Demons (not all Demons are entirely bad nor are all the Angels good)

Thatīs not exactly a new idea. Modern day... supernatural... you should google "The Secret World".

well.. it is a new idea, just apparently not the first

+ Reply to Thread