+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 'Lockboxes' come to The Secret World.

Ascendant

Default 'Lockboxes' come to The Secret World.

Funcom have introduced Mystery Boxes to the game. Although they don't contain anything earth shattering it looks like they could testing the water for more to come.

Telaran

I really wish the game was doing better. It's got a great theme/vibe to it, good graphics, great music/sound, cool mobs. I just wish it was a little more solo friendly! I tried to go back, and I just can't solo well without trying to find a different spec, or farming a bunch of AP first, starting around Blue Mountain.

Have to admit though, their Free To Play (buy to play) model has so far, been pretty unintrusive. A very good thing. Lets say they're the least intrusive free to play model I've seen, with SWTOR being the worst and most intrusive, and Rift somewhere in the middle?
    Last edited by Bragol; 02-11-2014 at 10:13 PM.

this kinda sucks, but the fact that they have monthly stipends on their subs and also rewarding lifetime subs with constant monthly points as well in addition to the fact that all of the items from the box (excluding the boosters) can be earned in game , makes this much less of a cash grab than trion's lockboxes.
    Last edited by Kaiser Phoenix; 02-12-2014 at 08:35 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Bragol View Post
    I really wish the game was doing better. It's got a great theme/vibe to it, good graphics, great music/sound, cool mobs. I just wish it was a little more solo friendly! I tried to go back, and I just can't solo well without trying to find a different spec, or farming a bunch of AP first, starting around Blue Mountain.

Have to admit though, their Free To Play (buy to play) model has so far, been pretty unintrusive. A very good thing. Lets say they're the least intrusive free to play model I've seen, with SWTOR being the worst and most intrusive, and Rift somewhere in the middle?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser Phoenix View Post
    this kinda sucks, but the fact that they have monthly stipends on their subs and also rewarding lifetime subs with constant monthly points as well in addition to the fact that all of the items from the box (excluding the boosters) can be earned in game , makes this much less of a cash grab than trion's lockboxes.
    I bought the game when it was being practically being given away on Steam. I just can't get past zombies, I just don't like the starter zone.

It's funny, people scream they want something different that the 'wow-clone' but when they do they stay playing their 'wow-clone'. I guess it just doesn't have enough players to keep it afloat. I can see the lottery boxes becoming more integral and have more valuable things later down the line. Sounds familiar!

Quote Originally Posted by Bragol View Post

You can actually BUY AP from the store- it simply doesn't get any more P2W than that...Once they did that I uninstalled never to return- and I had a lifetime.

Buying AP from the store would be pay to win if that was the only way to get 100% wheel completion. Aux weapons like whip and flamethrower hidden behind a paywall (although the quest content you get with said issues is great) is far closer to pay to win than the silly AP injections.

+ Reply to Thread