+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 35
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: so what do *you* play when you can't play?

  1. #1
    Ascendant ilex011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,309

    Default so what do *you* play when you can't play?

    So my main computer, Crais, decided that smack in the middle of Chicken Week and Patron Appreciation Weekend would be a grand old time to kick the bucket. Power supply and vid card. Ouch.

    So, now I'm kicking it old school on my elder pc, Pilot, with Doom 3.

    I have a metric f*cktonne of console games that need finishing, Okami being one of them. Beautiful game, but I'm more in the mood for a BFG than a delicate calligraphy-painting wolf at the moment. Abject frustration does that.

    So, what do YOU play when you cannot play your main game, in my case, Rift?
    Faeblight
    ilexx: lvl 60 High Elf Necromancer/Chloro
    RIFT 3.0 incoming soon... get ready for some surprises!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thitizen View Post
    Helicopters? Tesla Coils? Skrillex?

  2. #2
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,277

    Default

    Candy crush......


    There seriously needs to be some kind of support group for that game ><

  3. #3
    Ascendant ilex011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,309

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pett View Post
    Candy crush......


    There seriously needs to be some kind of support group for that game ><
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeLTx...ature=youtu.be <---hilariously funny vid on how evil CCS is, with puppets! watch-n-rofl!

    Tell me about it. I am completely ashamed I play that stupid game, but friends dragged me into it. Farm Heroes saga- the same. I enjoy Words with Friends a lot, but I always get decimated which is funnily ironic since I am a writer, haha. But that's ok. I just love games.

    I played and finished Doom 3 when it came out- and I have to say, it holds up over time, if you like that genre, which I do. LOVE IT. Gameplay is still fun, graphics still look sharp, I can still do good headshots, and some nice spook/cheap fun scare moments.
    Faeblight
    ilexx: lvl 60 High Elf Necromancer/Chloro
    RIFT 3.0 incoming soon... get ready for some surprises!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thitizen View Post
    Helicopters? Tesla Coils? Skrillex?

  4. #4
    Ascendant ilex011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,309

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pett View Post
    Candy crush......


    There seriously needs to be some kind of support group for that game ><

    Ask and ye shall receive!
    Last edited by ilex011; 02-10-2014 at 03:57 AM.
    Faeblight
    ilexx: lvl 60 High Elf Necromancer/Chloro
    RIFT 3.0 incoming soon... get ready for some surprises!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thitizen View Post
    Helicopters? Tesla Coils? Skrillex?

  5. #5
    Shield of Telara Bluebell's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    733

    Default

    My "any old computer can run this" game is the old, oooold, oooooold Ceasar III. Still best game, seriously xD Been playing it since I was like 8.

    "Only in our dreams are we free. The rest of the time we need wages." - Terry Pratchett

  6. #6
    Ascendant ilex011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,309

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebell View Post
    My "any old computer can run this" game is the old, oooold, oooooold Ceasar III. Still best game, seriously xD Been playing it since I was like 8.
    YES! That game is still so, so much fun! My plebes tend to get sick and die off in mass droves though, because I build them lots of libraries but forget about baths.
    Faeblight
    ilexx: lvl 60 High Elf Necromancer/Chloro
    RIFT 3.0 incoming soon... get ready for some surprises!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thitizen View Post
    Helicopters? Tesla Coils? Skrillex?

  7. #7
    Shield of Telara Bluebell's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ilex011 View Post
    YES! That game is still so, so much fun! My plebes tend to get sick and die off in mass droves though, because I build them lots of libraries but forget about baths.
    Those baths are the death of my people too, because you need those reservoirs to get them going, and dem reservoirs are darn ugly

    "Only in our dreams are we free. The rest of the time we need wages." - Terry Pratchett

  8. #8
    Ascendant ilex011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,309

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebell View Post
    Those baths are the death of my people too, because you need those reservoirs to get them going, and dem reservoirs are darn ugly
    ... which brings down the value of the villas and so they devolve.
    Faeblight
    ilexx: lvl 60 High Elf Necromancer/Chloro
    RIFT 3.0 incoming soon... get ready for some surprises!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thitizen View Post
    Helicopters? Tesla Coils? Skrillex?

  9. #9
    Shield of Telara Bluebell's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ilex011 View Post
    ... which brings down the value of the villas and so they devolve.
    Oh don't even get me started! I hate it when those pretty villas turn into tents and everyone moves out

    "Only in our dreams are we free. The rest of the time we need wages." - Terry Pratchett

  10. #10
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Terra
    Posts
    495

    Default

    Star Trek Online.

    I have a penchant for Star Trek and having a lifetime subscription to STO motivates me to check up on it.

  11. #11
    Ascendant ilex011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,309

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebell View Post
    Oh don't even get me started! I hate it when those pretty villas turn into tents and everyone moves out
    I tend to build slum lord villas on the outskirts by the roads, but then they b*tch that it's too far to walk.
    I almost feel badly for them- they essentially are cheap peasant slave labor, but hey, that's how it rolled back then!
    Last edited by ilex011; 02-10-2014 at 07:04 AM.
    Faeblight
    ilexx: lvl 60 High Elf Necromancer/Chloro
    RIFT 3.0 incoming soon... get ready for some surprises!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thitizen View Post
    Helicopters? Tesla Coils? Skrillex?

  12. #12
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Terra
    Posts
    495

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ilex011 View Post
    I tend to build slum lord villas on the outskirts by the roads, but then they b*tch that it's too far to walk.
    I almost feel badly for them- they essentially are cheap peasant slave labor, but hey, that's how it rolled back then!
    Speaking of the Strategy genre of PC gaming, do you guys play any of the Total War series?

  13. #13
    Ascendant ilex011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,309

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Acolyte View Post
    Speaking of the Strategy genre of PC gaming, do you guys play any of the Total War series?
    I haven't! I have done the Civ games and Caesar III. Do tell about Total War!

    Well, ages ago I played a strategy/sim called Total Anhiliation- (screw you spell check)- I wonder if it was similar or the same game?
    Faeblight
    ilexx: lvl 60 High Elf Necromancer/Chloro
    RIFT 3.0 incoming soon... get ready for some surprises!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thitizen View Post
    Helicopters? Tesla Coils? Skrillex?

  14. #14
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Terra
    Posts
    495

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ilex011 View Post
    I haven't! I have done the Civ games and Caesar III. Do tell about Total War!

    Well, ages ago I played a strategy/sim called Total Anhiliation- (screw you spell check)- I wonder if it was similar or the same game?
    The Total War series is based within different time periods of human history. The world view is turn based, while the battle view is real time. The battles can be rather massive and involved as well.

    Total War: Rome 2

    Warning to the wise: I find myself falling into time sinks of TW, because it's just so engrossing.

    Make sure you don't work the next day!
    Last edited by Iron Acolyte; 02-10-2014 at 07:48 AM.

  15. #15
    Ascendant ilex011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,309

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Acolyte View Post
    The Total War series is based within different time periods of human history. The world view is turn based, while the battle view is real time. The battles can be rather massive and involved as well.

    Total War: Rome 2

    Warning to the wise: I find myself falling into time sinks of TW, because it's just so engrossing.

    Make sure you don't work the next day!
    Ohhh so it is similar to the Civ games! Cool. I bought a bundle of those one xmas Steam specials.
    Faeblight
    ilexx: lvl 60 High Elf Necromancer/Chloro
    RIFT 3.0 incoming soon... get ready for some surprises!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thitizen View Post
    Helicopters? Tesla Coils? Skrillex?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts