+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Wildstar dev speak shows off customization

Default Wildstar dev speak shows off customization

Mount customization looks like it could be fun. Plus a little tease to warplots (dimension PvP)

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=W6jTTeE7MLQ

This game continues to amaze...
    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    As for folks calling me a carebear, I've got 99 problems and being a carebear ain't one son. I've done far more than my share of virtual murder over the years. I've been part of alliances that have so heavily destabilized server balance in games that the other sides ceased to log in due to being so massively dominated.

Ascendant

I want to play this game so much
    probably going to be dissapointed but really just can't wait to try it out
    Quote Originally Posted by Frailaq View Post

tl;dr - Trion should do this: Melee = Turret Ranged > Mobile Ranged

Shield of Telara

As a person who has played a boatload of Rift and am playing Wildstar as well, do not think by any means that Rift is lacking in the customization department.

I remember noticing this once when people were running from GHRift to GHRift. Finding identical mounts? Rare. Finding people who looked alike? Rare. It amazed me at how well of a job that Rift has done in customization.

Now with skinning of weapons, you are seeing customized looks there as well as armor.

With Dreamweaving coming, you are now going to see customization of stats on dropped gear and not have to worry about crafting gear to get custom stats.

One thing that is cool about Wildstar and mounts is you can 'pimp' your mount. You can add things to 3 spots on the mount to make it look even funnier!

Housing wise, I think it really is a coke versus pepsi battle. If you look at the dimension items you have in Rift, as it currently stands, they tend to lack humor and seem to be just repeating the look of rift in a dimension. Wildstar does things a tad different. You can build things that are functional (gives you a buff), aesthetic and humorous. On one of my toons, I have a friggin kiddie pool and fully functional ferris wheel. They give me no buffs but they are fun to look at and laugh at. In my house, I have a bed, plants, books, tables and get buffs that help with rest xp. Rift's placing of items in a dimension though . . . omg . . . so much better than Wildstar's.

Digressing a little, there is room for both of these games in the MMO space and they will fill a need.

Oh yeah . . . Rift > Wildstar in being able to get things from vendors. The ] key is great and the organization of material is better in Rift. In Wildstar, expect to run around to 40 different vendors to find the one item you need.

I don't think Wildstar will be much more successful than Rift

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser Phoenix View Post
    I don't think Wildstar will be much more successful than Rift
    That's quite an achievement though, if you exclude WoW there ain't that many MMO's that have a population at the same size as Rift got. Eve have been around for years now and they have around 450k players, I don't think EQ ever broke 500k just to name a few. Even WoW which has quite skewed numbers attracts less and less players now a days, quite natural though. I'm looking forwards to Wildstar quite a lot and will play it alongside Rift.
    17/17 T1, 4/4 T1HM, 4/4 GA, 3/3 IG, 5/5 PB

Shield of Telara WriteThemWrong's Avatar

Are you seriously going to make a thread on every little thing this unreleased game does? There's no less than four in the first two pages of Off Topic; wouldn't anyone one of them suffice?
    Last edited by WriteThemWrong; 01-31-2014 at 05:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WriteThemWrong View Post
    Are you seriously going to make a thread on every little thing this unreleased game does? There's no less than four in the first two pages of Off Topic; wouldn't anyone one of them suffice?
    It's off topic, I want to discuss new and upcoming developments within wildstar with others who may be interested in the game like I am.

Shield of Telara WriteThemWrong's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shortycool View Post
    It's off topic, I want to discuss new and upcoming developments within wildstar with others who may be interested in the game like I am.
    Did you even read my post?

frankly.. not impressed with wildstar.. it's art design alone screams lazy.. like vanilla wow+skylanders...surely this didn't cost anything to develop.. and given the lack of quality in art, the game should be the smoothest, fastest running thing out there.. atm it's not..

Quote Originally Posted by WriteThemWrong View Post
    Did you even read my post?
    Yes I did, I didn't look at page 2 of the forums I never do.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirimon View Post
    frankly.. not impressed with wildstar.. it's art design alone screams lazy.. like vanilla wow+skylanders...surely this didn't cost anything to develop.. and given the lack of quality in art, the game should be the smoothest, fastest running thing out there.. atm it's not..
    A lot of people are torn on whether they like the art style or not. The animations are top notch though especially the Chua and especially when you're on your back to the future hoverboard.

Game plays fantastic. To be honest the questing reminds me a lot of defiance but to be honest I liked questing in defiance

But to be honest......
    Last edited by shortycool; 01-31-2014 at 09:32 AM.

Rift Chaser

Mods should make this guy a Wildstar fan boy sub forum.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Motoboat View Post
    Mods should make this guy a Wildstar fan boy sub forum.
    This is called off topic for a reason

People complaining about the art style will complain and so be it. Some like it, some dislike it and some are indifferent.

I will say the same thing that I said about ESO. If Trion had ESO's or even Wildstar's engine, I think people would be a lot happier. Rift has some very interesting combat and they do wonders with what they have. However, when you go to tech support and read all the 'lag . . ." threads, see the green condoms on screen, see the slideshow called conquest, you feel sorry for the devs having to deal with this engine.

Imagine this . . .

A world event, approximately 200 characters. The event spawns 300 mobs to attack. What would that look like in rift, even with low render turned on? It would be a slideshow and you would be lucky to see 2 fps and have tons of ability lag. In Wildstar, I was getting 10fps in that. When they spawned 50 mobs, I was getting 30ish and NO ability lag. And oh yeah, that was not on low render!

Ascendant

Looks interesting. I'll probably give it a try and hopefully get in the beta.

Two things that might make a break it: combat and end game content. It's hard to judge how good the combat will be from trailers and well as EA learned with SWTOR you can have great levelling but most of a players time is at end game. If they intend to cater for the hardcore raider they need to make sure that there's plenty of content for 'casuals' since as we know the hardcore market is very small and established in other games. Most new games have turned away from the hardcore raider player.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast