+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 48
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Scott Hartsman teases us poor Rifters

  1. #31
    Prophet of Telara Goodberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,082

    Default

    I'll be blunt even for my usual blunt standard.

    I hate AA because it's a forced-PvP game. We don't need forced PvP games.

    But I hate it more because it f...ed up RIFT, subtracting necessary resources.

    RIFT could have been WoW 2. 0. Then AA came. :P
    Last edited by Goodberry; 01-15-2014 at 04:24 PM.
    Never give a sword to a man who can't dance (Confucius)

  2. #32
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    764

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Goodberry View Post
    I'll be blunt even for my usual blunt standard.

    I hate AA because it's a forced-PvP game. We don't need forced PvP games.

    But I hate it more because it f...ed up RIFT, subtracting necessary resources.

    RIFT could have been WoW 2. 0. Then AA came. :P
    i'll be blunt as well, you're wrong.

    They took zero Rift resources for AA. It also isn't forced PvP.
    I also don't consider Rift ****** up.

  3. #33
    Ascendant irkiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phreakuency View Post
    I'd say any fairly modern PC will run this game better than Rift.

    At max settings (and I mean fully maxed out everything) the game runs smoother than Rift. It's just a much more efficient engine.
    I'll like as much of your posts as I can if I come across them until you the day you change your signature.

    Edit: To add on regarding this thread, I will definitely try out this game when it releases. Whether I will like it or not remains to be seen and I will take that risk for this game.

    Funnily though, as someone from Asia, I have to wait for Trion to release it in NA to play it.
    Last edited by irkiz; 01-16-2014 at 02:36 AM.
    Pantz@Hailol
    Asia's best cleric

  4. #34
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    304

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Requiemstorm View Post
    The older Korean games used to be like that, just like how the older western games used have long grinds!

    But the modern Korean games like Archeage don't have the grind and you can get xp from just about anything, even exploring!

    As for P2W, do you really think Trion would put out a P2W cash shop ? Scott Hartsman has already stated that the cash shop will be more like Rift's cash shop.
    Do you really want me to answer that ? lockboxes enough said.

  5. #35
    Plane Touched Reyne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    235

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DriftinARift View Post
    Games like AA do terrible in the west. Wish Trion would do their homework be for wasting more money on things that will flop.

    Every Korean MMO that gets published in the west ends up flopping, Sorry those types of Korean grind MMOs never ever did will in the Western market.

    It looks worse then Aion and Tera. Both of those games went FTP and died faster than the flu spreads.

    The west wants games like Rift or WoW for MMOS. I'm really mind boggled on Trion's decisions as of late. They don't make any real sense. No one enjoys Korean based MMOs in the west simply due to the RNG factor Korean developers put in and the grind.

    Those type of games do well in Asia because, South Korea has gaming laws, they require a cash shop and a pay to play. Koreans pay by the hour for MMOs. China also has similar laws. Those regions enjoy that type of gameplay. I been to South Korea several times for SC2 events.
    It will never be popular in the west.
    Seriously dude have you played the game or you are just using your imagination.
    Let me tell you that the game will be the bomb of 2014 simply because it's a freaking open seamless world.
    The only thing that makes this game bad for the west is the stupid chinese music the bunnies,smokins and the cars.
    If trion removes all those korean ******** the game will the best mmo ever created

  6. #36
    Champion of Telara Veldan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,353

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Goodberry View Post
    I'll be blunt even for my usual blunt standard.

    I hate AA because it's a forced-PvP game. We don't need forced PvP games.
    What do you mean by forced PvP? That you can always attack others?

    If so, doesn't real life have forced PvP too?

  7. #37
    Plane Touched Reyne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    235

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Veldan View Post
    What do you mean by forced PvP? That you can always attack others?

    If so, doesn't real life have forced PvP too?
    Maybe those children havent gone out of home.
    They are used on daddys and mommys care.Thats why they cant play those games

  8. #38
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    52

    Default

    What is the deal with all the hate AA gets from RIFT players.. you dont have to play AA. just grow up already and stop slaming it because you think "Korean MMO's fail". Both games can exist and be good.

    I have not been more pumped for a game seince my old SWG Pre-CU Days.. Im looking forward to AA, and all so looking forward to seeing others who have been waiting YEARS for another good sandbox MMO.

    Note : Just becasue a game does not have 500-1Mill players does not make it a bad game. I still play SWGEmu and it only has around 2-3k players.... But the community is the best there is. Community makes or breaks a game. Simple as that.

  9. #39
    Shadowlander Narcoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    28

    Default Not even relevant.

    Stopthatman!
    Attachment 16614

  10. #40
    Prophet of Telara Goodberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,082

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Veldan View Post
    What do you mean by forced PvP? That you can always attack others?

    If so, doesn't real life have forced PvP too?
    Last time I looked, forced PvP meant just that. If you want a real life comparison to forced PvP games, think any country were there is no real government and a terrible civil war.
    Last edited by Goodberry; 01-21-2014 at 04:28 PM.
    Never give a sword to a man who can't dance (Confucius)

  11. #41
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5

    Default

    In general, all zones have some amount of pvp. The first few starting zones are safe for your own faction: you can not attack them and you can not be attacked by enemies. You can, however, attack the enemy faction if you want. The player you attack will be able to defend himself, but not his friends that are with him.

    The higher lvl zones starting at level 30 are free for all pvp. This means you can attack the enemy faction and also your own. However, attacking your own faction will get you in trouble with the law.

    While on the northern continent and on the open sea you have open pvp all day, the two starting continents have a war and peace system.

    In general, the pvp zones on those two continents are flagged for pvp. If there is too much pvp going on, e.g. one guild is killing too many players of the opposite faction, a war starts. This means you get rewarded for killing the enemy faction. You get honour points for kills and assists and also for successful participation in the fight.

    A war lasts about an hour: It starts with 30 minutes of preparation which players use to gather; you can already get honour points here, but the real deal is the war that lasts an hour and comes straight after the war preparation. When the war is over, a peacetime starts that can be 1 hour or even 4 hours, depending on the importance of the zone. During a peacetime, there can be no pvp at all.

    Regarding losses and gains in pvp. You don't lose any items or gold in pvp, you now only gain honour points for participating in wars.

  12. #42
    Champion of Telara Veldan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,353

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Goodberry View Post
    Last time I looked, forced PvP meant just that. If you want a real life comparison to forced PvP games, think any country were there is no real government and a terrible civil war.
    you know archeage has a "government", and even a trial system with jury and a prison?

  13. #43
    Prophet of Telara Muffinmans's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,051

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Goodberry View Post
    I'll be blunt even for my usual blunt standard.

    I hate AA because it's a forced-PvP game. We don't need forced PvP games.

    But I hate it more because it f...ed up RIFT, subtracting necessary resources.

    RIFT could have been WoW 2. 0. Then AA came. :P
    So wrong

    Many of us love "forced PvP games"

    There are plenty of games that are 90+% PvE (Rift, WoW). Its about time we got a game that had some interesting PvP systems.

    And if anything took funds away from Rift, it would have been Defiance. And I believe even that has broken even by now.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucchini View Post
    What is the deal with all the hate AA gets from RIFT players.. you dont have to play AA. just grow up already and stop slaming it because you think "Korean MMO's fail". Both games can exist and be good.

    I have not been more pumped for a game seince my old SWG Pre-CU Days.. Im looking forward to AA, and all so looking forward to seeing others who have been waiting YEARS for another good sandbox MMO.

    Note : Just becasue a game does not have 500-1Mill players does not make it a bad game. I still play SWGEmu and it only has around 2-3k players.... But the community is the best there is. Community makes or breaks a game. Simple as that.
    It's quite funny, Rift players seem to think that every other game is bad. Even Wildstar... which makes me laugh

    It's quite sad, really. They have no basis to say that the other games are bad when they haven't played them yet, and especially because they haven't been released yet.
    Last edited by Muffinmans; 01-22-2014 at 08:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    As for folks calling me a carebear, I've got 99 problems and being a carebear ain't one son. I've done far more than my share of virtual murder over the years. I've been part of alliances that have so heavily destabilized server balance in games that the other sides ceased to log in due to being so massively dominated.

  14. #44
    Sword of Telara Abraxas79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    892

    Default

    Bear in mind the TRION worlds is only the publisher for this game. If the game flops though, it will not be good for them.

    I wonder if that explains the total lack of PVP development in RIFT ? They want to point players in AA's direction, at least for PVP ?

  15. #45
    Ascendant HannonHellbringer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,142

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Goodberry View Post
    Last time I looked, forced PvP meant just that. If you want a real life comparison to forced PvP games, think any country were there is no real government and a terrible civil war.
    Your are just... Ugh. Seriously, so misinformed in so many ways. If a game really wants to make it, they need multiple avenues of entertainment. Pvp is very important for a game like AA and hopefully it is not neglected like it was in rift. Also real life pvp is not just wars, and last time I checked, real governments do just was much damage as countries with "no real government". Your last post just shows your ignorance in multiple ways both game related and real life. Good job!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts