+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Khelendross

Thread: trove alpha invites.. when is the next wave? or am i just doing something wrong?

Default trove alpha invites.. when is the next wave? or am i just doing something wrong?

so i bought a pack for trove and the pack included a priority list place which means whenever the next wave of alpha invites goes out i instantly get a place.... but there's been no posts on trove news since the 22nd of November.. is it dead or did i buy the alpha pack for no reason at all? because it says I'm not authorized to play yet i bought the pack at the beginning of December.. just after the invite wave so i'm kinda ticked off that i cant play a game i've payed for

I would post over on the trove site or the trove Reddit page.

Shield of Telara

So many problems with this thread.

1. You posted in the Rift - off topic. How about http://www.reddit.com/r/Trove?
    2. You didn't pay for the game or access. If you paid $200 you get immediate access otherwise it's in a priority queue.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Hydron View Post
    So many problems with this thread.

1. You posted in the Rift - off topic. How about http://www.reddit.com/r/Trove?
    2. You didn't pay for the game or access. If you paid $200 you get immediate access otherwise it's in a priority queue.
    The whole way they are handling Trove invites is silly. It got silly when they started letting people pay for access. I had approached them about streaming the game on a regular basis and getting some attention for it and they said they would try and get us in. Sent them an email with our info and nothng was ever done. At this point none of us even care anymore about the game, we are busy with Starbound and other stuff. I imagine this would never have been an issue If they hadn't jumped the gun with the selling of alpha invites.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Khelendross View Post
    The whole way they are handling Trove invites is silly. It got silly when they started letting people pay for access. I had approached them about streaming the game on a regular basis and getting some attention for it and they said they would try and get us in. Sent them an email with our info and nothng was ever done. At this point none of us even care anymore about the game, we are busy with Starbound and other stuff. I imagine this would never have been an issue If they hadn't jumped the gun with the selling of alpha invites.
    The gave out a ton of keys to streamers and helpful redit peoples.. have fun with starbound..

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Hydron View Post
    The gave out a ton of keys to streamers and helpful redit peoples.. have fun with starbound..
    Yes they did, before they started selling keys. I approached them right around the time they started to do this. And our stream is a lot bigger than many of the people I see streaming Trove. I think its simply cause they have to service the people who bought keys first. As they should. I just think it never should have been done in the first place, at least not with the way Trove is set up.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

Quote Originally Posted by louthinator View Post
    so i bought a pack for trove and the pack included a priority list place which means whenever the next wave of alpha invites goes out i instantly get a place....
    Priority access doesn't mean you instantly get a key during the next wave of invites. There have been a lot of supporters already, they are letting them in based on when they supported the game.

Quote Originally Posted by louthinator View Post
    but there's been no posts on trove news since the 22nd of November.. is it dead
    Like it was said though, they post all of the time over at http://www.reddit.com/r/Trove/ so you should check it out when you can.

I am not in love with the way they did the priority access and wave invites, but it could have definitely been a lot worse as well.
    Last edited by Baramos; 01-11-2014 at 12:37 AM.
    MMO VAULT (Video Game Music) ➜ https://www.youtube.com/c/VideoGameMusicSoundtrack

RIFT Fan Site Operator

What also might be interesting to note is there were also many "non supporters" that got a hold of keys and never used them which is sad. For something like this to happen as content itself is implemented it might be more understandable that any developer would have to be careful. Add the Trove Supporter tiers & making sure those who do support are able to use their keys without too much hassle would be another factor along with a ton of other things we don't see I am sure.

As others have mentioned: Trove Subreddit - is the place to keep fingers on the pulse of Trove
    Also head here on Fridays where Keys are given out by Trion and the generous community: Trion Worlds Livestream

To get instant access also check out here: Trove Supporter Packs.

With the New Year back in full swing: Player Creations are exciting and the community itself are so wonderful on top of many other developments coming out with the hardworking Trion team so I hope you'll persevere!

+ Reply to Thread