+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: ESO Beta

Soulwalker

Default ESO Beta

Anyone else get in? If you did I would love to play with some people.

If you manage to enjoy the game long enough to get to 10, the rvr is a lot of fun.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post
    If you manage to enjoy the game long enough to get to 10, the rvr is a lot of fun.
    Is that game that bad?

Soulwalker

Default Hello!

So yeah, I got an invitation for the stress test, but nothing else. So I could basically play with you over the weekend but that's about all I am aware that I can do.
    Sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by sighsquitealot View Post
    Is that game that bad?
    It's a niche for sure.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post
    It's a niche for sure.
    Are the classes any fun?

Im in for my 5th round. If you need any help or advise on specs or ect let me know. Im easy to find.
    Dagger Fall Covenant : Harming.

P.S. They sped up leveling for this test.

The crying casuals got their way, i just hope it goes back to slow paced hard leveling with the launch.
    Last edited by Raistlinxx; 01-08-2014 at 09:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sighsquitealot View Post
    Are the classes any fun?
    The classes are just a starting block of id say over 30 available skill lines at this point. You can pick a starting class and end up not using it whatsoever. Id suggest reading through the forums, you can access them with the same information you signed up for beta with.
    Last edited by Raistlinxx; 01-08-2014 at 09:57 AM.

How's the pvp? I am only interested in the combat system and world pvp mechanics.

I plan to play on the ps4 if I can get a beta test in. I just find the combo system and the fact you have less buttons to smash more intriguing.

I like playing games where skill is more important than what macro you use or how many buttons you press.
    Noisia@Deepwood//Cleric Guardian [secret Ntype]
    this game is dead, goodbye \o/

Quote Originally Posted by mongolianmisfit View Post
    How's the pvp? I am only interested in the combat system and world pvp mechanics.

I plan to play on the ps4 if I can get a beta test in. I just find the combo system and the fact you have less buttons to smash more intriguing.

I like playing games where skill is more important than what macro you use or how many buttons you press.
    It's DAoC's carebear system with a central playpen for rvr (kinda). That said, the area is very large, and the rules with the scrolls and such are definitely an improvement to GW2.

PVP QA
    Last edited by spaceboots; 01-08-2014 at 10:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mongolianmisfit View Post

The pvp is a recreation of Dark Age of Camelot. Same mechanics and setup, better graphics.
    The optimization is amazing, on the 3rd test i was using an old crappy laptop and had no lag with over 200 people on the screen during a keep seige.

For small scale pvp there are two outlets.
    One is choke points "bridges, wall openings, ect" these are areas people have to go through to access diffrent areas "towns in cyrodiil" these choke points draw many stealth class players for solo fighting.
    The next outlet are resources around keeps. Theres a lumber mill, stone quarry, and farm around each keep which give bonuses to the keep walls/gates/and guards.
    These can be taken with small groups "usually 8 people" and guarded by small groups.
    This makes good fights for small sacale, i also saw a few roving 8 mans looking for other groups.

Then you have the keep fights which is zerg v zerg v seige weapons. The walls can be broken creating holes, the gates can be smashed down with seige rams, there are spells and flaming boulders and hot oil and gravel catapults launching everywhere. Its organized chaos and dam fun.

all this is in one MASSIVE "took me about an hour and a half to walk from top to bottom" sandbox called Cyrodill.

There are also quests avalible such as kill x ammount from each oposing faction, participate in x fort captures, capture x resource points and ect.

What You wont find are instanced battle grounds or arenas.

So i guess its not for everyone.

I was unaware that the greatest PvP system was considered carebear. Then again the term carebear is pretty stupid.
    Even free cost too much now

I can also say ive been pushing a bounty hunter idea for cyrodill thats been gaining a lot of support in the beta forums and ive had a dev talk to me about it. So there may be a 1 v 1 hunting mechanic at some point for eso.
    Its not there yet but may be in the future.

Rift Chaser

i am in the wildstar beta if anyone wants to play.. man this game is so good but it is the hardest mmo i have ever played, very challenging yet rewarding.
    You're so full of ****! "I can't even 1v1 a pyro" and who the **** are you? No one, just a ****ing bandwagoner who doesn't know **** and will say anything to be on the side of the majority. **** you.
    - PyroKiller

Quote Originally Posted by The B Man View Post
    i am in the wildstar beta if anyone wants to play.. man this game is so good but it is the hardest mmo i have ever played, very challenging yet rewarding.
    I cant get into the way your skills work in Wildstar, i tried it twice but the red boxes are a huge turnoff to me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast