+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Other MMORPGs you have played?

Default Other MMORPGs you have played?

What other MMOs have you played that you have liked?
    Any one used to play RaiderZ EU before it got shut down ^.^?

Ascendant

Rift, before it went F2P.
    Now I play WoW. (Yes, I did, I went back to WoW)

DAOC to WoW to DAOC to WAR to DAOC to Rift

Also messed around a little bit with:
    SWG
    LoTOR
    Tera
    Guild Wars
    Champions of Regnum
    Global Agenda
    EQII
    EVE
    Wizardry Online
    Planetside 2
    Runescape
    Neverwinter
    Even free cost too much now

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Nestran View Post
    Rift, before it went F2P.
    Now I play WoW. (Yes, I did, I went back to WoW)
    Yet, you are still here. We know where your heart is at.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Hydron View Post
    Yet, you are still here. We know where your heart is at.
    I actually just checked in due to the change SOE just made to their model. Really nice. I was looking to see if there was any chatter here about Troin changing the model but apparently not.

I'll check in again every so often.

And yes, my heart is here and I would come back in a heartbeat if the model were to change for the better.

AION 2009-2012
    I played AION when it was a sub, and before RIFT. I played some after it went f2p, but I couldn't stand the mana stone mechanics before hand. I was level 50 in vanilla rift and when the dungeon queu system came out and hammerknell came out I made the switch. AION suffers from extreme RNG when it comes to gearing, not in drops but in modifying your gear to actually be useful (literally, do the statistics, its insane to play it if you are a math degree like I was...knowing it was always against you). AIONs LFG que is horrible (as in no one uses it), but its LFG posting tool was top notch over rift until the recent raidfinder addon came out for RIFT (thank goodness!). Its graphics does however blow rift out of the water, and its pvp is rediculously fast and has a lot of variety (1v1 arenas, 5v5 teams/free4all, warfront like arenas, open world pvp based on ZONEs - not servers, and Fort Sieges, and ... more open world pvp stuffs). A very pvp centric game, but again, if you hate rolling a dice to see if your gear is useful, with the chance of loosing your hard work completely...dont play this game. Nasty!!! The above complaints along with spiritmasters being hard to bring along in PVE (very pvp focused soul, horrible in pve unless you are solo playing its the best...group play is horrible especially with another SM because dots dont stack). So yes, because of RNG and bad thinking on group pve mechanics, and some severe problems within the builds themselves, I had to leave for RIFT.

TERA 2013-2013...a month basically lol
    Made it to like lvl 40. Very fun. The most beautiful game I've ever played as well. However its very asian-style grindy. And even melee classes will have to kite nearly everything. Its one thing it has down really really well is its aiming and dodging system. There are hardly any spells that you target a target for. You use an aiming crosshair for most everything with the exception of some spells, and many spells or skills have various kinds of AOEs or chain abilities. Very very dynamic combat system. However that dynamic combat is easily skewable in pvp (which is not really available till end game unfortunately) and only seems to showcase in group play. With that being said its dungeons are AMAZING because they take advantage of the high mobility each class has and targetting by using the largest craziest mobile mechanics I've ever seen. Healing is soooo fun in this game because you can't just spam an AOE heal. You have to place healing bubbles and things on the battlefield in zones you think might be safe for players to get too and the like. What this game lacks more organized PVP and its mostly solo grind and kite mobs till you hit max level. I only play this game when I need eye candy graphics from time to time.

The Secret World 2010-Current (play it about 1/100th that of RIFT still though lol)
    This game is my second favorite because it boasts extreme build flexibility like rift. They dont have classes, but an ability wheel, with its various skills you can unlock with experience points, but in a manner more familiar to RIFT PA spending. I like this game because its a present day horror themed MMO using modern day weapons or witchcraft style magic. I use it when I need a break from dwarves and elves with tunics. The only visual gear you get is your weaponry, the rest is literally all costume items. You could be wearing jeans and tshirt, or some techy clothing, or dress up in a suite and tie. Reguardless I love the modern horror theme. I get scared so many times. The storytelling in this game is the best I've ever witnessed, even over RIFT. I'm never bored exploring the thousands of stories you come accross and the main story is pretty cool too! and its always growing. The graphics are really awesome too and the boss and mob fights are very very dynamic, I feel even more so than RIFTS. The RNG is not there like it was with AION. However the things it lacks compared to RIFT are pretty large: Lacks a proper LFG tool, the one they have is horrifyingly bad. Someone always has to run to the instance...with no mounts in the game this can take a really really long time. Crafting system is virtually nonexistent. Glyphs is the only thing a player can really use to customize equipment readily. Variety in endgame material is way lower than RIFT, even though its picking up more. Raids are not emphasized as the first raid only has one boss. PVP needed lots of fixing, which it has recieved, but its still quite lacking. Its limiting factor to pvp is that it is purely faction based, and faction population has never been balanced enough to help with that, as all their pvp warfronts are persistant (and thus faction numbers play a factor in both success and access to pvp). Again my second favorite, and I love what it has done especially with build flexibility compared to RIFT, and its storytelling and lore dissemination is far superior than rift, I just dont like the QOL stuff that it doesnt have compared to RIFT, and I hate its PVP.

LOL 2013-present...rarely play past the daily bonus play.
    The BF got me into it. I'm not max level yet so I can't play with him a lot, and he already has a ranked team he plays with, though they are the lowest rank possible still lol. So its hard to get to play with him. Replay value is cool, but its tough when they make sweeping changes to items in the game or charactor values because it requires a lot of relearning and changing strategies, and sometimes to strategies that feel more like exploits rather than fun engagements. Still a great game, and hopefully one day I'll be max level so I can play with my BF more!!! MOBAs aren't my main game style, as I love to explore and play with larger guilds all at the same time. So ya I mostly play this for something to do with the BF.

StarCraft 2013-present...not as much anymore
    Again BF got me into this, but I got way better than him lol. Which still means I lose a lot. I love the storyline and campaign quests. The variety of choices and ways to build your arsenal of minions is simply amazing. PVP however seems to be all about following a single optimized streamlined beginning game flawless with no seconds or even half seconds lost and then decimating your opponent...which is the common issue with nearly every RTS game. But its fun reguardless to me! again mostly for the pve. PVP just doesnt have the variety of strategies and available minions that pve does.

Perfect World 2006-2010
    This was the game that really got me into MMOs. I would like to consider it my first REAL mmo that I played. And thus I played it for so long. I played it when it was originally only available from the singapore based servers and I played it there for the longest time. I played an elf-priest and I owned face in pve and pvp on that charactor. I learned the very fundamentals of MMO terms and gameplay playing this game. I also learned how to run my first guild! This game was free2play and being a poor broke college student with a crappy computer, it was the most available game for me that wasn't WOW (which all my friends played and I refused to watch because I didn't want to get hooked and pay lots of money to play it) that was beautiful enough to capture my attention even at low graphics. I still read about it and love learning what comes out for it now that its with Perfect World International (an american based f2p company that is doing quite well actually) but I really have no plans to join in again on that game. Its pretty RNG based unless you use the cash shop to stop equipment from breaking when you do necessary upgrades or necessary auto-potion/mana thingies from there. And its very asian grindy style. Being my first MMO though I just didn't know any better till I tried other games.

Thats it! I just can't find anything that comes even close to keeping my attention like RIFT can. If RIFT does its next expansions pve just as well as SL, and gets its 5v5 woes off the ground and pvp dims rolling and a better version of CQ....I dont know why I would leave for anything else even in the future.
    Last edited by Xenoheart; 01-07-2014 at 12:47 PM.
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

Quote Originally Posted by Nestran View Post
    I actually just checked in due to the change SOE just made to their model. Really nice. I was looking to see if there was any chatter here about Troin changing the model but apparently not.

I'll check in again every so often.

And yes, my heart is here and I would come back in a heartbeat if the model were to change for the better.
    Honestly, I think the model is awesome. I like it much, much, better than I liked the sub model.

Why?

Because I hang out with, and enjoy spending time with, at least a dozen people who have other things they'd rather spend their money on than a sub.

As to games:
    WoW: Played for a few years, loved the game, hate Blizzard. They never get another penny from me.
    CoH: Loved it. Sad it's gone.
    DDO: Still play occasionally. Interesting, and very different from Rift's style.
    FF14: What beautiful crafting. What beautiful everything, really. Combat's sorta dull though.
    TSW: Loved a lot of their ideas, some of the implementation wasn't great for me.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

DAOC , WAR, WoW, EQ II, FFXI , GW, GW2 , AO , SWToR, LOTRO
    " Tonight Defiants ! ... I will PVP u ! " Pukk
    " Sometime when Im alone ... I buff myself" Bigmojo

Deepwood -- Ermak LvL 64 Cleric Bigmojo LvL 60 Mage Pukk LvL 60 Rogue Brutikuz LvL 60 Warrior Wildmoon LvL 4x Primalist

EVE is and likely always will be my primary MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Xenoheart View Post
    AION 2009-2012
    I played AION when it was a sub, and before RIFT. I played some after it went f2p, but I couldn't stand the mana stone mechanics before hand. I was level 50 in vanilla rift and when the dungeon queu system came out and hammerknell came out I made the switch. AION suffers from extreme RNG when it comes to gearing, not in drops but in modifying your gear to actually be useful (literally, do the statistics, its insane to play it if you are a math degree like I was...knowing it was always against you). AIONs LFG que is horrible (as in no one uses it), but its LFG posting tool was top notch over rift until the recent raidfinder addon came out for RIFT (thank goodness!). Its graphics does however blow rift out of the water, and its pvp is rediculously fast and has a lot of variety (1v1 arenas, 5v5 teams/free4all, warfront like arenas, open world pvp based on ZONEs - not servers, and Fort Sieges, and ... more open world pvp stuffs). A very pvp centric game, but again, if you hate rolling a dice to see if your gear is useful, with the chance of loosing your hard work completely...dont play this game. Nasty!!! The above complaints along with spiritmasters being hard to bring along in PVE (very pvp focused soul, horrible in pve unless you are solo playing its the best...group play is horrible especially with another SM because dots dont stack). So yes, because of RNG and bad thinking on group pve mechanics, and some severe problems within the builds themselves, I had to leave for RIFT.

TERA 2013-2013...a month basically lol
    Made it to like lvl 40. Very fun. The most beautiful game I've ever played as well. However its very asian-style grindy. And even melee classes will have to kite nearly everything. Its one thing it has down really really well is its aiming and dodging system. There are hardly any spells that you target a target for. You use an aiming crosshair for most everything with the exception of some spells, and many spells or skills have various kinds of AOEs or chain abilities. Very very dynamic combat system. However that dynamic combat is easily skewable in pvp (which is not really available till end game unfortunately) and only seems to showcase in group play. With that being said its dungeons are AMAZING because they take advantage of the high mobility each class has and targetting by using the largest craziest mobile mechanics I've ever seen. Healing is soooo fun in this game because you can't just spam an AOE heal. You have to place healing bubbles and things on the battlefield in zones you think might be safe for players to get too and the like. What this game lacks more organized PVP and its mostly solo grind and kite mobs till you hit max level. I only play this game when I need eye candy graphics from time to time.

The Secret World 2010-Current (play it about 1/100th that of RIFT still though lol)
    This game is my second favorite because it boasts extreme build flexibility like rift. They dont have classes, but an ability wheel, with its various skills you can unlock with experience points, but in a manner more familiar to RIFT PA spending. I like this game because its a present day horror themed MMO using modern day weapons or witchcraft style magic. I use it when I need a break from dwarves and elves with tunics. The only visual gear you get is your weaponry, the rest is literally all costume items. You could be wearing jeans and tshirt, or some techy clothing, or dress up in a suite and tie. Reguardless I love the modern horror theme. I get scared so many times. The storytelling in this game is the best I've ever witnessed, even over RIFT. I'm never bored exploring the thousands of stories you come accross and the main story is pretty cool too! and its always growing. The graphics are really awesome too and the boss and mob fights are very very dynamic, I feel even more so than RIFTS. The RNG is not there like it was with AION. However the things it lacks compared to RIFT are pretty large: Lacks a proper LFG tool, the one they have is horrifyingly bad. Someone always has to run to the instance...with no mounts in the game this can take a really really long time. Crafting system is virtually nonexistent. Glyphs is the only thing a player can really use to customize equipment readily. Variety in endgame material is way lower than RIFT, even though its picking up more. Raids are not emphasized as the first raid only has one boss. PVP needed lots of fixing, which it has recieved, but its still quite lacking. Its limiting factor to pvp is that it is purely faction based, and faction population has never been balanced enough to help with that, as all their pvp warfronts are persistant (and thus faction numbers play a factor in both success and access to pvp). Again my second favorite, and I love what it has done especially with build flexibility compared to RIFT, and its storytelling and lore dissemination is far superior than rift, I just dont like the QOL stuff that it doesnt have compared to RIFT, and I hate its PVP.

LOL 2013-present...rarely play past the daily bonus play.
    The BF got me into it. I'm not max level yet so I can't play with him a lot, and he already has a ranked team he plays with, though they are the lowest rank possible still lol. So its hard to get to play with him. Replay value is cool, but its tough when they make sweeping changes to items in the game or charactor values because it requires a lot of relearning and changing strategies, and sometimes to strategies that feel more like exploits rather than fun engagements. Still a great game, and hopefully one day I'll be max level so I can play with my BF more!!! MOBAs aren't my main game style, as I love to explore and play with larger guilds all at the same time. So ya I mostly play this for something to do with the BF.

StarCraft 2013-present...not as much anymore
    Again BF got me into this, but I got way better than him lol. Which still means I lose a lot. I love the storyline and campaign quests. The variety of choices and ways to build your arsenal of minions is simply amazing. PVP however seems to be all about following a single optimized streamlined beginning game flawless with no seconds or even half seconds lost and then decimating your opponent...which is the common issue with nearly every RTS game. But its fun reguardless to me! again mostly for the pve. PVP just doesnt have the variety of strategies and available minions that pve does.

Perfect World 2006-2010
    This was the game that really got me into MMOs. I would like to consider it my first REAL mmo that I played. And thus I played it for so long. I played it when it was originally only available from the singapore based servers and I played it there for the longest time. I played an elf-priest and I owned face in pve and pvp on that charactor. I learned the very fundamentals of MMO terms and gameplay playing this game. I also learned how to run my first guild! This game was free2play and being a poor broke college student with a crappy computer, it was the most available game for me that wasn't WOW (which all my friends played and I refused to watch because I didn't want to get hooked and pay lots of money to play it) that was beautiful enough to capture my attention even at low graphics. I still read about it and love learning what comes out for it now that its with Perfect World International (an american based f2p company that is doing quite well actually) but I really have no plans to join in again on that game. Its pretty RNG based unless you use the cash shop to stop equipment from breaking when you do necessary upgrades or necessary auto-potion/mana thingies from there. And its very asian grindy style. Being my first MMO though I just didn't know any better till I tried other games.

Thats it! I just can't find anything that comes even close to keeping my attention like RIFT can. If RIFT does its next expansions pve just as well as SL, and gets its 5v5 woes off the ground and pvp dims rolling and a better version of CQ....I dont know why I would leave for anything else even in the future.
    I too enjoyed perfect world and in someways kinda miss it lol
    “Why should I not hate mine enemies―if I "love" them does that not place me at their mercy?”
    ― Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

Shadowlander

Currently playing Aion the most. I played it for a couple years before and then took a break. Decided to go back just a few weeks ago and start all over. I have serious altitus with this game though.

In the past I've played Tera, GW2, WoW, Perfect World, Forsaken World (briefly), Path of Exile (may try this again soon to see what's changed now that it's out of beta), that's all I can think of at the moment.

Still play Rift but sort of on a break right now to mess with Aion a bit.

Ragnarok Online for 8 years prior to Rift. Played a few other games in-between the two like Maple Story (for 10 long days with close friends) and a bunch of other F2P MMORPGs that didn't pull me in.

Soulwalker

Used to play WoW but blizzard have screwed that up. Also Neverwinter.

EQ then WoW,.

Then STO (beta then live), EQ2, LotRO, AoC, DCUO, Rift, EoN (alpha and beta) and a few others that I can't remember right now.

Lately nothing but I've been feening for some good old fashioned DCUO like you wouldn't believe for some time now.
    If you're feeling down maybe one of these links will cheer you up. Only one way to know for certain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noneMROp_E8
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rdtm1Ezu3ro

NeverWinter, been playing it like for 5 days, and I hate all the bugs in it, and I wanted to discover more about the MMORPG world, that's why I'm downloading RIFT right now.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast