+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Halp with homeworks? Cultural interview

Default Halp with homeworks? Cultural interview

Halp? I have this "cultural interview" I need to do with a peep. I don't know any RL peeps, particularly someone who grew up in a different culture than me. (I'm in the Bay Area, CA.) If anyone, particularly those of you in another country might be interested, post here or send me a PM.

k thx bai.
    **Canceled Oct '11, cannot reply on forums. Contact me through my site.**
    rabb1t.com - pc gaming hardware tech talk for everyone / rabb1t's ramblings podcast
    rabb1t's Gamer Day 2010 After Party videos
    joo can has Rift iPhone 4 and Droid wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by rabb1t View Post
    Halp? I have this "cultural interview" I need to do with a peep. I don't know any RL peeps, particularly someone who grew up in a different culture than me. (I'm in the Bay Area, CA.) If anyone, particularly those of you in another country might be interested, post here or send me a PM.

k thx bai.
    I can honestly say I grew up in a totally different part of the world from you Rabb1t, and have been around the world twice I would love to help you if you would like. Bit early for Peeps though I normaly see them around Easter. Yay for Millenium post
    Last edited by Ancient; 10-05-2010 at 03:42 PM.

In the San Francisco Bay Area, culture is right outside your doorstep. If you've never traveled to a place like Salem, Oregon, then you might not understand just how diverse your community is. Ask a classmate who has a parent that didn't grow up here (roughly half of all the kids I knew in high school) if you can interview one or both of their parents.

Some parents are just getting a handle on English after moving here, while their kids are fully bilingual. Have them tag along (as if they wouldn't) to act as a "rephrasing expert" that can put questions into terms that both parties will easily understand. I love languages and they are the keys to other cultures. In the Bay Area, the other cultures have laid claim to restaurants, neighborhoods and stores of all types. You really don't have to look far to find another culture that's shaping Bay Area culture as a whole. Swing a stick five times in S.F. or S.J. or Fremont and you'll get at least three different colorful phrases from different places around the world.

I think opening your eyes to those around you may have been the point of the exercise.

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient View Post
    I can honestly say I grew up in a totally different part of the world from you Rabb1t, and have been around the world twice I would love to help you if you would like.
    Yeeaaa. K thx. Bla bla pm being sent.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasotha View Post
    In the San Francisco Bay Area, culture is right outside your doorstep. ... Ask a classmate who has a parent that didn't grow up here (roughly half of all the kids I knew in high school) if you can interview one or both of their parents.
    Yes I realize that but with no car and not being able to get around in the evening 'going local' is very difficult for me. My life has been, well a disaster these past few years. Not having access to resources is my automatic thought, as I'm alone and have no help. You are right though. I should have considered that the other students would help and asked them.

I think opening your eyes to those around you may have been the point of the exercise.
    Yes and no. It's a class about culture and families. But yeah, there are lots of different cultures around here and many peeps don't realize it. (For me it's so second nature I assume everyone is mixed or has multiple cultures.) Again though, for me it's just I don't consider fellow students as a resource as I've been on my own with everything for so long. My bad.
    Last edited by rabb1t; 10-05-2010 at 09:52 PM.
    rabb1t.com - pc gaming hardware tech talk for everyone / rabb1t's ramblings podcast

Can anyone else halp? Ancient seems to have forgotten to answer my questions and isn't responding to PMs. I'd have asked a classmate last class, but I thought he was going to answer so I didn't seek other help. Assignment is due Wednesday evening (PST)

I'm here for ya Rabb1t. Shoot me a PM when you wake up.
    Mac

Yeeeeaaa!

i could help too, but whats a peep? xD
    i speack not english good you tell me when wrong i am ! [JK!]
    Waiting for the king of the mmorpg's ...
    -Dnz

check your inbox

k I has enough halp now.

[moderatorvoice] THREAD IS NAO CLOZEDED!

+ Reply to Thread