+ Reply to Thread

Thread: (New law in Maryland) Taking orders NOW

Telaran

Default (New law in Maryland) Taking orders NOW

According to a new law that went into effect October 1, 2010 you will no longer be able to use a cell phone while driving unless you have a "hands-free" adapter. I went to Circuit City and they wanted $50 for a headset with a microphone for my cell phone. Having a friend in the cell phone business, I talked with him and was able to come up with an alternative, working through Office Depot.

These kits are compatible with any mobile phone and one size fits all. I paid him $0.08 each because he bought in quantity. Then we tried it with Motorola, Sprint, Verizon and Nokia units and they worked perfectly.

A photo is attached so scroll down & take a look and let me know if you want one. Also, forward this to anyone you know, who has a cell phone, and who may want one!

http://65.55.81.71/att/GetInline.asp...e75&oneredir=1

I can hear you laughing!!!
    'The Gods have chosen them... We choose to DEFEND our self'
    The Kelari
    Follow me @ http://twitter.com/#!/D4Kustomz for weekly deals

Not seeing a photo or a link...

California has had a law like that for a while now but I still see idiots driving while holding a phone to their ear, or worse - texting!

thats what speaker phone on your lap is for... no need for a headset....
    "Few are selected to to gaze into the chasm that gave us our power, most are devoured from within, yet a chosen few have the will to walk away from such discord and torment with the true knowledge of what we serve. Transformed with eyes of pure hatred, of utter disdain, bound to its will, the embodiment of a demon. And I, the greatest of its children, am here to show you true pain..." -Maerawn

DC has also had this law for awhile and because of that most of my Balto area friends switched to headsets or bluetooth years ago ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Alaraca View Post
    thats what speaker phone on your lap is for... no need for a headset....
    It's been proven that even hands-free phone calls are more distracting than having a conversation with someone who is in the car with you.

In my opinion even hands-free calls should only be used in emergencies.

Here's an example (a cop no less) of what can happen when you don't pay attention while driving.

Old pic is Old

Also, genius law. The number of times people have almost hit me on my scooter and when I look they are on the cell phone and haven't even noticed. I understand if it is an emergency, but for F*****S sake, how important are these conversations. We have it here in WA.

Actually, what the law says is that if you are talking on your cell phone and see a cop, you should put the phone down real quick until he passes by and then continue as normal.
    "Behind this mask, there's an idea... and ideas are bulletproof." -V for Vendetta

forums - Fozzik's Hardware
    blog - The Last Bastion

Quote Originally Posted by Fozzik View Post
    Actually, what the law says is that if you are talking on your cell phone and see a cop, you should put the phone down real quick until he passes by and then continue as normal.
    LOL Fozzik. I bought my Bluetooth right after they passed that law here. Ticket is 255 bluetooth cost me 80 seemed like a bargain to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient View Post
    LOL Fozzik. I bought my Bluetooth right after they passed that law here. Ticket is 255 bluetooth cost me 80 seemed like a bargain to me.
    Yeah, I picked one up myself.
    "Behind this mask, there's an idea... and ideas are bulletproof." -V for Vendetta

forums - Fozzik's Hardware
    blog - The Last Bastion

I ride a motorcycle. If you call when I am ridng, tough sh*t. Talk to my voicemail.

If I absolutely must make a call, I pull over.

"That is not dead which can eternal lie. And with strange aeons even death may die."
    --H.P. Lovecraft

My car has it's own phone number, and it's all hands free.

+ Reply to Thread