+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Anyone playing FF?

Great post, caitie.

I actually resubscribed. Was already nostalgic of the wondrous world of Eorzea (Earthsea?) after a few days off... I am hopeless. :P

By the way, Happy Holidays!
    Last edited by Goodberry; 12-25-2013 at 12:03 AM.
    Never give a sword to a man who can't dance (Confucius)

PvP on Black Mage was no bueno. Re-Rolling to a Dragoon. Same Name. Could be interesting.

Ascendant

Black Mage is actually very good at PvP. No need to reroll too since you can level multiple jobs on one character!

You can use Blizzard to Heavy people (if you're allowed to sit there and DPS you'll be using this as part of your standard Umbral Ice rotation anyway), Sleep to CC them and later on you get lovely abilities like Lethargy. Virus can be set cross-class to debilitate a physical attacker.

Use Scathe to attack while moving, and watch your position carefully. It is worth bringing Icarus Wings just in case you need a longer duration second Sprint the moment it comes off of cooldown again. If you are being focused, just keep running/Scathing.

Swiftcast can be used on Sleep for the CC (I wouldn't open a match with Swiftcast Sleep, it's kind of all-in) or for putting together intense burst.
    Raenryong@Deepwood R69 ~ Amathys@Zaviel (Rogue)
    Serefina@Deepwood R66 ~ Solserefina@Zaviel (Warrior)
    Seraena@Deepwood R80 ~ Seraena@Zaviel R70 (Cleric)
    Avalonia@Deepwood R66 ~ Avalonia@Zaviel (Mage)
    <Dauntless> ~ <Excellence>

Quote Originally Posted by Raen Ryong View Post
    Black Mage is actually very good at PvP. No need to reroll too since you can level multiple jobs on one character!

You can use Blizzard to Heavy people (if you're allowed to sit there and DPS you'll be using this as part of your standard Umbral Ice rotation anyway), Sleep to CC them and later on you get lovely abilities like Lethargy. Virus can be set cross-class to debilitate a physical attacker.

Use Scathe to attack while moving, and watch your position carefully. It is worth bringing Icarus Wings just in case you need a longer duration second Sprint the moment it comes off of cooldown again. If you are being focused, just keep running/Scathing.

Swiftcast can be used on Sleep for the CC (I wouldn't open a match with Swiftcast Sleep, it's kind of all-in) or for putting together intense burst.
    Yeah i was having a hard time with being interupted with almost every cast. Ive always played mele in mmo's so ranged is new to me, i just had an obsesion with 8 bit black mage lol

I tried it and thought the game was garbage.
    It actually made me appreciate Rift a lot more then ever.

Ascendant

I would recommend melee DPS for PvP. I play a Monk, also have a Dragoon and Black Mage. Monk is an absolute blast in PvP, but Black Mage was horrendous.... CC class with very minimal survivability where you are focus fired immediately every match was not fun for me. Monk has a lot of unique PvP only abilities that I enjoy, mostly Axe Kick. I am on Behemoth under Blue Lightt if anyone wants to PvP some time.

Anyone who thinks Sleep dominates PvP hasn't played more than intro matches with people who are rank 1. Purify and/or a decent healer negates Sleep. Summoner is very powerful in PvP also just as a tid bit, they are usually quickly singled out for their utility and DPS.

Ascendant

It'll take a few patches to work out the kinks in PvP. The dev team are taking everything cautiously, perhaps too cautiously so they don't break anything major. Give it a few months and it'll probably be much better. PvP isn't something you can easily test in QA. You have to shove it on live and see how it works out and then change it.

Overall I'd say the devs are doing a fair job with the game.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    The end-game is essentially "log in once a week and steamroll lots of easy content to get gear for your alt classes".
    So it's like every other game in existence? Or do you have trouble with mechanics...?

Quote Originally Posted by Krippy View Post
    I tried it and thought the game was garbage.
    It actually made me appreciate Rift a lot more then ever.
    Tell me about it.

I'm having a lot of fun with ARR right now. Just got my 30 lancer now leveling marauder to get my dragoon unlocked. I've gota say the story is keeping my attention and being able to level every class is really fun. I was a little disappointed how easy it is to progress, compared to ff 11, but it's keeping me entertained. Haven't even had the urge to log into rift for my daily Warfronts lately beacuse I'm having fun leveling.
    ~Harming

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3