+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 65
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Wildstar

  1. #1
    Ascendant SprawlnBrawl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    4,349

    Default Wildstar

    So i see a lot of people saying they can't wait for wildstar so they can leave rift, well I still get meeting notes from The Enclave and here is what they had to say about Wildstar, soooo good luck with that.

    Wildstar in its current state is pretty bad
    The feel with the game is very off
    You float, you glide, and this is intentional. Momentum = Warhammer Online
    Extremely slow to level. Eons to level - intentional
    PvP was terrible. You could not even focus on specific players. It is just a free for all with a screen full of red on the ground.
    Overall, the game is bad and not worth our time unless they remove the telegraphs, at the very least.

  2. #2
    Ascendant spaceboots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    5,760

    Default

    not a fan of the telepgraphs either. Never been a fan of mechanics that have you watching the floor, or gui instead.

    And I don't mind grinding in mmos... unless it's an action mmo where I'm spamming the same few attacks. At least with hotkeys I can multitask something else.

  3. #3
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post
    not a fan of the telepgraphs either. Never been a fan of mechanics that have you watching the floor, or gui instead.

    And I don't mind grinding in mmos... unless it's an action mmo where I'm spamming the same few attacks. At least with hotkeys I can multitask something else.
    Yeah, the funny thing is. Vast majority of the people waiting for wild star are hardcore pve raiders thinking its going to be some kind of epic raiding game.

    The Mechanics are a exact copy past of Guild wars 2, its pretty terrible.

    The only up side to it, is due to the cartoon graphics, low quality machines can get good frame rates, like World of Warcraft, that's about it.

    Even ESO in beta atm is pretty terrible.

    MMOS in general are in a terrible state. You really only have 2 choices for MMO pvp, Rift or world of Warcraft.
    I doubt EQNext will bring what people are looking for.
    Last edited by DriftinARift; 12-19-2013 at 06:21 AM.

  4. #4
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    764

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DriftinARift View Post
    Yeah, the funny thing is. Vast majority of the people waiting for wild star are hardcore pve raiders thinking its going to be some kind of epic raiding game.

    The Mechanics are a exact copy past of Guild wars 2, its pretty terrible.

    The only up side to it, is due to the cartoon graphics, low quality machines can get good frame rates, like World of Warcraft, that's about it.

    Even ESO in beta atm is pretty terrible.

    MMOS in general are in a terrible state. You really only have 2 choices for MMO pvp, Rift or world of Warcraft.
    I doubt EQNext will bring what people are looking for.
    Totally agree with everything you said. I hate the cartoon graphics and I'm sure the only reason it was done was for performance which I would gladly give up for some realism.

  5. #5
    Ascendant charliekelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,845

    Default

    Black desert and archeage are the only hope anyone has.

  6. #6
    Plane Walker Baalthorne's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    402

    Default

    Thank u all so much for your opinions. Well in other news....all of these games are in beta. So i think this ***** fest belongs maybe in those game's forums since maybe, i dunno, betas are meant for finding out what players think and dont like about games.

    Wildstar in its current state is bad- Ok well i guess its a good thing its in beta huh so what does this mean?
    The overall feel of the game is off- Ambiguous much? What is off and why and how many people feel this way or is it just a self proclaimed group of know it alls
    Float, glide, etc- Ok.....? Whats ur point maybe people like that
    Slow to level- Who cares i dont want a game where its handed to me and it takes no time to max level. I see this as a good thing
    PVP sucks- Good thing its n BETA
    Overall game is bad- Thank you judge and jury i guess the devs should just stop on the game bc a few people said its bad. Or wait...can it just be n beta and still being worked on and maybe we should have all opinions before judging bc no opinion is any greater than another thats why they are opinions.

    Again i say. why is this thread here? go ***** in the proper forum ao maybe this game can get btr? theres an idea.

  7. #7
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    391

    Default

    This scenario with everyone hyping wildstar and eso remind me a lot of star wars / guild wars 2 / ffxiv

    Pretty sure most of the people who quit for those games came back not too long after.

    The grass is always greener i guess.

  8. #8
    Ascendant SprawlnBrawl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    4,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by charliekelly View Post
    Black desert and archeage are the only hope anyone has.
    Camelot Unchained in 2020?

  9. #9
    Ascendant SprawlnBrawl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    4,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Baalthorne View Post
    Thank u all so much for your opinions. Well in other news....all of these games are in beta. So i think this ***** fest belongs maybe in those game's forums since maybe, i dunno, betas are meant for finding out what players think and dont like about games.

    Wildstar in its current state is bad- Ok well i guess its a good thing its in beta huh so what does this mean?
    The overall feel of the game is off- Ambiguous much? What is off and why and how many people feel this way or is it just a self proclaimed group of know it alls
    Float, glide, etc- Ok.....? Whats ur point maybe people like that
    Slow to level- Who cares i dont want a game where its handed to me and it takes no time to max level. I see this as a good thing
    PVP sucks- Good thing its n BETA
    Overall game is bad- Thank you judge and jury i guess the devs should just stop on the game bc a few people said its bad. Or wait...can it just be n beta and still being worked on and maybe we should have all opinions before judging bc no opinion is any greater than another thats why they are opinions.

    Again i say. why is this thread here? go ***** in the proper forum ao maybe this game can get btr? theres an idea.
    they are a large guild with likely large amount of people in beta its the general consensus from a mainly pvp only guild that has been around forever and played probably every game . they have been pretty on point with their predictions with all the mmos released since wow. they had high hopes for rift wpvp but that didn't pan out .
    Last edited by SprawlnBrawl; 12-19-2013 at 06:57 AM.

  10. #10
    Ascendant shortycool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,553

    Default

    I'm looking forward to Wildstar, but that's just my opinion, just like the opinion you posted sprawl. Some people will like it some won't. I know I will like this game already having had an extensive look at it a couple of months ago, and watching the 1-15 livestreams and videos the game looks promising, just like rift was promising. Let's just hope carbine don't blow it like trion did.

  11. #11
    Ascendant shortycool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,553

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DriftinARift View Post
    Yeah, the funny thing is. Vast majority of the people waiting for wild star are hardcore pve raiders thinking its going to be some kind of epic raiding game.

    The Mechanics are a exact copy past of Guild wars 2, its pretty terrible.

    The only up side to it, is due to the cartoon graphics, low quality machines can get good frame rates, like World of Warcraft, that's about it.

    Even ESO in beta atm is pretty terrible.

    MMOS in general are in a terrible state. You really only have 2 choices for MMO pvp, Rift or world of Warcraft.
    I doubt EQNext will bring what people are looking for.
    have you seen endgame telegraphs? Certainly takes a lot more skill than standing still and tab targeting and casting vile spores.
    I like the cartoony look, I'm getting bored of high fantasy mmos, thing is wildstars art is stylized in a way that will make the game look visually fine for years, but if you take a game lile aion, when that first came out I was like HOLY **** it looks awesome, a year later it looked outdated. That's the problem with realistic art.

    Some of their systems seem interesting too like warplots, warplots are essentialy 40v40 dimension battlegrounds.

    Paths look cool to, and so does a lot of the other features they are doing. It's got me excited to play for sure.

  12. #12
    Ascendant shortycool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,553

    Default

    Forgot to mention NDA has been lifted for 1-15 content for certain media outlets, youtubers and live streamers. So you can watch people play and judge how it lools for yourself instead of basing how you feel about an unreleased game on other peoples opinions, positive or negative.

  13. #13
    Shadowlander SWGMod002's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    48

    Default

    2/10 game, guild wars 2 2.0 with the same crap and all
    http://imageshack.us/a/img341/8684/bbqsign.png
    Jasterika@Seastone, previously Roleplay@Deepwood and Jaster@Necropolis

  14. #14
    General of Telara
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    887

    Default

    There are some wildstar pvp footage up on youtube. People should check them out and make up their own minds. I personally like what I see and will be playing it on release. One thing that it has going for it over rift is that they actually have a pvp dev that work to create pvp content and balance classes.

  15. #15
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,244

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SprawlnBrawl View Post
    So i see a lot of people saying they can't wait for wildstar so they can leave rift, well I still get meeting notes from The Enclave and here is what they had to say about Wildstar, soooo good luck with that.

    Wildstar in its current state is pretty bad
    The feel with the game is very off
    You float, you glide, and this is intentional. Momentum = Warhammer Online
    Extremely slow to level. Eons to level - intentional
    PvP was terrible. You could not even focus on specific players. It is just a free for all with a screen full of red on the ground.
    Overall, the game is bad and not worth our time unless they remove the telegraphs, at the very least.
    Lol. I bet Trion does not lock this thread.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts